Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Guest TonyJ

Any Carp Anglers Out There Las Vegas ?

Guest TonyJ

Hi Tony and welcome to the CAG Forums.

Not many from NV, but we have CA guys here.

Thanks for the welcome.......all you Californian carp fanatics. I bring many English years of experience and all my tackle out here. i've tried the town ponds, and got a few carp, but they're all small so far. not to mention loads catfish. off to Lake Mead again at the weekend, not caught a Mead carp yet, but i shall. i have tried all the usual baits, now i'm back to basics and made up dough based paste mixed with trout pellet. worked a treat at Floyd Lamb Sunday, so off i go with high hopes............

Guest TonyJ

Bread crust on top and hold on!

yep, i know just how that feels...i'll be off your way in a few weeks, pike fishing :( but i will bring the carp rods anyway

Been a while, about 5 years, since I fished Mead. Clear cold water on the sterile side. Carp were on the small side. Fished Hemenway Harbor. I was just a beginner then and fished maize and also dough balls made from Roman Meal Bread. The maize did not work well but the dough bait was a hit.

There's a lot of hungry carp hangin around the Lake Mead Marina but no fishing for them is allowed. [unless you fish off the bank and make some very long casts...... :lol:]

post-1122-0-45362600-1314152113_thumb.jp

At last i found a site.......anyone out there who fishes Lake Mead ?

Open end feeders and lots of can corn. A match angler told me that he won an match on Lake Mead with the Feeder rod, with over 300lbs of carp.