Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Santiago

Nc Cag Fish-In 10/1

Hey guys, we will be holding an official NC CAG Fish-in at Cammack Lake on Saturday, October 1st. Rain date will be Oct 2nd. There will be an optional (but highly recommended) $20 BIG FISH pot from 8 AM to 4 PM.

The gates to the park open at 7:30 AM and the park closes at 6:30 PM. Please arrive before 7:15 AM as swims will be picked in a first come first serve manner...and the $20 pot will be collected at this time too. Rod limit will be decided at a later time (depending on how many people are going to show up)

I will try and get some goodies donated from various sponsors and hold a raffle (every who attends will receive a raffle ticket)

For those that have never fished Cammack, it is an enigmatic lake with lots of potential. Many (including me) have caught their biggest fish ever here, and there are some absolutely striking mirrors in here as well. The water is about 8ft low (due to work on the dam over the year) but the fall feed is starting to pick up. Regardless, the NC crew always has a good time on the bank and this time will be no different. OUT OF STATE VISITORS and CAG members are more than welcome to come and join in on the fun! :D :D :D

Cammack Lake Park and Marina

4790 Union Ridge Road

Burlington, NC 27217

For food, we will need volunteers to bring:

hot dogs

buns

condiments

bags of chips

drinks (2-liters)

water

paper plates/cups

and any other food item!

I have a camp grill, but another one would be useful just in case. The camp office also sells snacks and drinks, and has a public restroom as well. There is also a playground for the kids to enjoy.

Hope to see you all there! Please let me know if you plan on coming

-Santosh