Carp Anglers Group Forums
Paul Pezalla

2011 Ccc Official Results

Peg 37 Bogdan Tarean 9-9, 19-8 Total 29-1. North American Carp Champion, 2nd Biggest Fish, Wacker Baits Most Fish Winner

Peg 3 Amos Bahanna 22-7 Big Fish , Section Winner

Peg 39 Larry Semmens 6-1, 17-9 Total 23-10 Section Winner and Wacker Baits Professor Lucifer Gorgonzola Butts Award for Creative Carp Gear

Peg 20 Paul Dinea 8-11, 14-4 Total 22-15 Westside Baits First Fish Winner and Section Winner

Peg 54 Dan Rooze 9-6 Section Winner

Peg 6 Mike Olinger 17-8

Peg 36 Mihai Aciu 13-3

Peg 12 Cory Bohmann 11-9

Peg 19 Ion Iacob 7-11

49 anglers participated.

Peg 37 Bogdan Tarean 9-9, 19-8 Total 29-1. North American Carp Champion, 2nd Biggest Fish, Wacker Baits Most Fish Winner

Peg 3 Amos Bahanna 22-7 Big Fish , Section Winner

Peg 39 Larry Semmens 6-1, 17-9 Total 23-10 Section Winner and Wacker Baits Professor Lucifer Gorgonzola Butts Award for Creative Carp Gear

Peg 20 Paul Dinea 8-11, 14-4 Total 22-15 Westside Baits First Fish Winner and Section Winner

Peg 54 Dan Rooze 9-6 Section Winner

Peg 6 Mike Olinger 17-8

Peg 36 Mihai Aciu 13-3

Peg 12 Cory Bohmann 11-9

Peg 19 Ion Iacob 7-11

49 anglers participated.

By my unofficial count at pegs 1-25 where Tracy (CHIBIGTEE) Jourdan and I were stewarding, the light biting carp and the zebra mussels made it a tough day.

At pegs 1-25, six (6) carp were caught, weighed, photographed, and released.

Nine (9) carp were lost via hook pulls or line-cutting zebra mussels.

One (1) carp was lost via a pole pulled into the lake (Darn D.A.M buttons that don't always set the baitrunner function).

Seven of the nine anglers who caught fish in the tournament were "Leagues Team" anglers. If I had been smart, I would have included on my Leagues Team, those anglers who fished the Two Rivers tournament event(s). Then, all nine catching anglers would have been on the "Leagues Team." But I'm not bitter :lol:. Bogdon was the best!

Here is Amos Behanna with, what was by far, the big fish of the CCC at 22-7. I understand that it is a PB for Amos. Did he look happy? Congrats, Amos! --Frank

post-1929-0-75151600-1315760051_thumb.jp

Just as a matter of interest. Did Jerome catch anything?

Iain

One (1) carp was lost via a pole pulled into the lake (Darn D.A.M buttons that don't always set the baitrunner function).

Frank

After today, there actually two carp rods are swimming in the water of Lake Michigan :)

After Jim's rod yesterday, today Zenek " donated" his rod to the lake :).

"Massive carp' pulled his rod to the water and only quick reaction of Andy Burnagiel saved Zenek's rod pod and second pole :)

so now there are two carp fishing rods guys in the water, carp fishing is a big sacrifice, we can lost our gear for love to carp fishing ;)

Just as a matter of interest. Did Jerome catch anything?

Iain

I claim the very first run of the tournament... Not to say that I landed anything though... rolleyes.gif

Paul Denea who fished 2 pegs from me really should have won (no offense, Bogdan!)... He worked really hard, he got the (second) first run and did land the fish. He had 4 runs total during the day, but those zebra mussels took a toll...

Edited by Jerome

Who won 2nd place?

a. Larry Semmens

b. Larry Seeman

c. Larry Heeman

d. Larry Hemmens

e. Larry Kirchner

f. Larry the parking lot guy

Who won 2nd place?

a. Larry Semmens

b. Larry Seeman

c. Larry Heeman

d. Larry Hemmens

e. Larry Kirchner

Larry the parking guy should really be called "Saint Larry"... biggrin.gif

(I mean, bad jokes aside, many thanks to him for patiently watching our cars while we were having dinner, listening to the CAG news, winning raffle prizes, etc)

I don't want to steal anybody's thunder, so I will refrain from making the announcement, but wouldn't it be appropriate to include, in this thread, the honoree who was presented the prestigious CAG Champion of the Queen Award?

Who won 2nd place?

a. Larry Semmens

b. Larry Seeman

c. Larry Heeman

d. Larry Hemmens

e. Larry Kirchner

Which Larry had peg 39, Hemmens or Seeman? :lol:

Larry H. Peg 50 - 0 fish but chronic good humor.

Larry S. Peg 39 - 2 fish and probably would have had more if not for Ed Montgomery's (peg 38) cigar smoke.

Ed's smoke got in my eye's. Thats my excuse for the weekend :lol: Thanks Paul!

Edited by 911carp

Larry H. Peg 50 - 0 fish but chronic good humor.

Larry S. Peg 39 - 2 fish and probably would have had more if not for Ed Montgomery's (peg 38) cigar smoke.

Just checking, Paul thanks again

Congratulations to all the winners of the numerous prizes and awards.

Many thanks to the Marshals, organizers, sponsors and participants who made this 2011 CCC what it was B)

It was an extreme pleasure to meet everyone, share food :knifefork: , drink :party0012icon: and stories :Laughter: .

You all make me very proud to be at the helm of the best club there is :yourock:

I don't want to steal anybody's thunder, so I will refrain from making the announcement, but wouldn't it be appropriate to include, in this thread, the honoree who was presented the prestigious CAG Champion of the Queen Award?

The top CAG Honor of earning the prestigous Champion of the Queen award was presented to none other than Jerome Moisand :Banana:

I started a dedicated thread just for the honoree here:

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46018&pid=600012&st=0entry600012

Congrats to Amos & Bogdan and all those that landed a fish!!

Great venue, great view, great people and great local hospitality!!!!

Thanks to Larry #10 for watching the cars.

Thanks to Pizzeria Aroma for providing us with great food on Sat.

Thank you Chicago!