Carp Anglers Group Forums
kentlakecarper

Congrats To Jerome Moisand

I would like to Thank Jerome once again for everything you have done and continue to do for this club and the sport of Carp Angling.

You now are honored with becoming a Lifetime Member of CAG B)

Tight lines and pics to follow :)

Congrats, Jerome, for this well deserved honor! :yourock: --Frank

Here is a photo of Jerome's reaction upon initially hearing the announcement of his award.

FJR_Moisand_J_award_reaction.jpg

Haha that's classic!! Congrats Jerome! Well deserved!

Jerome, accepting his 2011 Champion of the Queen Award from Andy, Willem, and Paul!

FJR_jerome_award_andy_willem_paul.jpg

No one could be more deserving,,,,,,this man called JEROME, has given his talent, energies, money and time into making all he does for CAG a great success,,,,his contributions on the FFF and kids events, have made him a Carping legend in the states, and his underwater videos, are a major success both here and across the pond, a true ambassador of the sport in every aspect of the word !!,,,,,a big congratulations my friend !!!!

Edited by Neil Stern

No one could be more deserving,,,,,,this man called JEROME, has given his talent, energies, money and time into making all he does for CAG a great success,,,,his contributions on the FFF and kids events, have made him a Carping legend in the states, and his underwater videos, are a major success both here and across the pond, a true ambassador of the sport in every aspect of the word !!,,,,,a big congratulations my friend !!!!

Well said Neil !!.. congrats Jerome !! :yourock:

I've long been a fan of Jerome and I'm delighted his acheivements and dedication have been recognised by the Group - truly a top fella

Amen to that... ;)

To all of you (and to the BoD), many thanks for the nice words. It's a true honor to win this award, and I very much appreciate the recognition coming with it.

As to Frank... YOU DEVIL! Those pictures with me making such faces should never have been publicly posted! rolleyes.gif

PS. ever heard of a member being dumb enough to have bought a 5 years membership a few months before receiving a lifetime membership? Only me... Oh well, consider the 5 years thing a donation to CAG then! wink.gif

Jerome, from someone who once saw a simple question asked from you on a UK Forum regarding carp here in MA in 2002, I've seen you do more than I had ever imagined in just 9 years. Started as a simple "Go to the Muddy" response, turned you into (or rather brought who you really are, here) a TRUE ambassador of the sport!

BUT, this goes a bit more than that. Just got back and saw this. What it reminds me more of is the times you did any (and more than I can list) of the following:

1. Patiently spoke to ,sometimes even impatiently chided when needed, myself when I was not responding to something in my personal or carping life like I should have. Wisedom is wasted on those who do not share, but you always took the time to try. While it took some years to see, being hard headed as I am, many of the talks still stick out in my head, and your advice I still fall back on in many instances of my life.

2. Your generousity is second to none. Many time you do not need a reason. The biggest thing, but certainly NOT the only, I remember was the time I had a fire which destroyed my car. I was pretty low in my life, and it wasn't long before I was able to get back on my feet...with help...

3. Tirelessness with always giving your time. The list is too long to post here with the CAG side of this, but the personal side is just as long. Let's just say you were there doing, when most, like myself, were talking about it.

4. Stubbornness. Whether it was you always being in a personal challenge (competition) with myself, you somehow turned this term into a positive. Never letting your ideas, which always were FOR the club, die under any kind of pressure. What I had thought of as a negative which sometimes bothered me on a personal level, turned this club so much better and makes me think... You basically, with this trait, bridged CAG from when Bud's ideals and many of the forefather's as well, to about the time your personal life a few years back (and the constant pounding you took) brought you away a bit. That was several long years of very heavy pounding you took daily, and without this subbornness, the club may not be around right now.

There are more, but I just woke up. Thing is, this made my day! One person can only do so much, but you did more. Our ideals on a personal level seem not to find us fishing together anymore, but I still am better for answering your question on that forum back then.

Certainly CAG is much better for it!!

Thanks...

Edited by Scott Osmond

a great guy....very deserving

Congratulations Jerome!! Well-deserved for all you've done.

I think Scott made a great write-up above, it truly portray Jerome in every aspect.

Jerome's involvement with CAG did not stop the day he handed over to a new BOD, he still play a important role with his TAKC and the FFF.

I've called on Jerome for information dating back years, and he always had what I was looking for. (Glad to see I'm not the only data/info hoarder :D:P:D )