Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

CHIBIGTEE

Windy City Carp League Finals

Hello Fellow carpers, Tracy here. I think I've recovered from the CCC weekend. Sleep is a very under-rated thing! Get some, you'll feel better. ;) As most of you know, This year has been the 911carp show. I tried real hard to be a speed bump for him but got rolled over like everyone else. He leads 2 of our 3 categories: BIG 3(largest 3 fish from each venue) 911carp 12 fish= 175-14 followed by yours truly with 9 fish=148-03 3rd is Andy B. with 10fish= 143-02 BIG 5(largest fish each venue)#1 911carp=65-04 2nd Andy B.=63-15 and 3rd is ME!=63-07. BIG FISH for the year is 28-00 even by CHIBIGTEE(me). I know the Indy league is fishing this weekend and some of the guys fish it also, so I'll see most of you this weekend on one day or the other. I also would like to have a small meeting after the match sunday to get some input for how this will work for next year. Get out the suggestions! See you this weekend. later

Never know on the outcome, im just hoping for 3 fish for the weekend.

Anyway im bringing something to cook saturday and sunday, not sure what yet but....

See everyone there!

Belive it or not, Marcin is going to be there both days. :D

And the Carp Wagon is in the shop for the winter. ;)

Edited by 911carp

Good luck this weekend, could there be a shakeup or will the top 3 remain the same?

Even with the lead, i think the final is going to be alot closer :o

Edited by 911carp

Thanks, Tracy, for running a very enjoyable and competitive league once again this year. It was a lot of fun. I think Larry will probably hold his lead this weekend, but I think the fish will be plentiful and everybody will catch. At least I hope so. I'll be there Sunday. Good luck to all!--Frank

Click here for league details!

wccl11_052111_ls1603.jpg

wccl_tracy_061211_leader.jpg

wccl11_052211_ab1105.jpg

A few stats going into tomorrow's championship weekend:

The Current Standings

TOTAL WEIGHT (Heaviest three fish from each venue)

1st - Larry Seeman - 175-14

2nd - Tracy Jourdan - 148-3

3rd - Andy Burnagiel - 143-2

4th -Dan Ramir - 133-3

5th - Frank Rink - 113-2

TOP 5 FISH (Heaviest fish from each venue; not counting league's big fish)

1st - Larry Seeman - 65-4

2nd - Andy Burnagiel - 63-15

3rd - Tracy Jourdan- 63-7

BIG FISH

Tracy Jourdan - 28-0 - 5/21/11

2nd - Marcin Szydlowski - 27-0

3rd - Juan Serrano - 26-7

A few more stats from the 2011 WCCL

Best single day total weight

Tracy Jourdan - 205-15 - Jackson Harbor

Larry Seeman - 193-1 - Jackson Harbor

Frank Rink - 161-12 - Jackson Harbor

Best three carp weekend - total weight

Frank Rink - 70-15 (23-10 ave.) - Jackson Harbor

Rob Gutierrez - 65-6 (21-13 ave.) - Jackson Harbor

Dan Ramir - 63-13 (21-4 ave.) - Jackson Harbor

Most carp caught in series

Larry Seeman - 37

Dan Ramir -34

Tracy Jourdan - 26

Mike Olinger - 24

Frank Rink - 20

Total weight of all carp caught in series

Larry Seeman - 401-5

Tracy Jourdan - 337-10

Dan Ramir - 300-8

Frank Rink - 239-8

Andy Burnagiel - 230-5

Average weight of carp caught in series (minimum 7 fish)

Marcin Szydlowski (9 fish) - 16-15

Rob Gutierrez (11 fish) - 15-9

Tracy Jourdan (26 fish) 13-0

Andy Burnagiel (19 fish) - 12-2

Frank Rink (20 fish) - 12-0

Number of times angler had high or second high daily weight

Larry Seeman - 5

Tracy Jourdan - 3

Dan Ramir - 3

Frank Rink - 2

Andy Burnagiel - 2

Zhelko Genev - 1

Number of times angler had big daily fish

Tracy Jourdan - 2

Frank Rink - 2

Andy Burnagiel - 2

Marcin Szydlowski - 1, Juan Serrano - 1

SILLY AMBER ALERT!!!! And no, I dont have anything better to do :lol:

:lol: :lol: Where are you, John and Sam??!!

:lol: :lol: Where are you, John and Sam??!!

It would be great to see them both! Hope all is well. :)

Good luck! Hope one of you catch a 30's lbs carp! Let us know how you are doing!

Not to good today, 8 anglers, 2 fish by the same angler,Marcin. 7 lbs and an 11 lbs.

Not what I expected today. But tommarow another day :D

Thanks 911carp! I noticed that big carp out lake Michigan and harbors become harder and harder to catch! I remember years ago in 1970's I walk on dock in Montrose Harbor and I saw some very large carp just relax under the docks! Also school of very large carp just below the surface in center of Horseshoe Pier but today is different! Tom Warndorf, Todd Carlander and I caught some over 20's up to 31 lbs almost every time we fish at Montrose in 1997 and 1998! so far none I know not yet 40's lbs! Hope tomorrow someone caught big one at Diversey Harbor!

So...what is the news????

If Larry did not give a chance to others to beat him and he defeated his first place??? ;)

Marcin won total weight!

And i won big fish for the day!

Edited by 911carp

Thats great for Marcin and 911Carp won the big fish for the day! How big is the big fish? Terrible weather today rain on and off all day long!

Thanks Paul, I think it was just consistency, I didnt catch any real big fish throughout the summer, but i just caught fish. Which was enough to lead the league. :) Thanks again Paul ;)

Thats great for Marcin and 911Carp won the big fish for the day! How big is the big fish? Terrible weather today rain on and off all day long!

Big fish was 14 lbs, was a long wet day but still had fun!

Thanks Paul, I think it was just consistency, I didnt catch any real big fish throughout the summer, but i just caught fish. Which was enough to lead the league. :) Thanks again Paul ;)

Tournament tactics Larry, catching a lots of fish, not really need Big fish.

And you did it perfect!!! you put time to practice and it paid off. Professional work !!!

Congratulations again!!!

Tracy Jourdan’s 2011 Windy City Carp League concluded on September 18 at Diversey Harbor. The ten-session, five-venue league resulted in 219 fish weighing 2, 417 pounds.

The five fishing locations utilized from May through September featured Chicago’s most beautiful and most prolific carp swims. Participants were challenged, however, by four of the five venues. Jackson Park Harbor in June was, by far, the most generous location yielding 114 fish weighing 1,548 pounds. Other venue yields were as follows: Lincoln Park Rowing Lagoon in May (26 fish, 355 pounds), Montrose Outer Harbor in July (18 fish, 212 pounds), Chicago River at Sun-Times building in August (45 fish, 120 pounds), Diversey Inner Harbor in September (17 fish, 147 pounds).

Larry Seeman was League Champion with 197 pounds, 2 ounces. The league winner is determined by the total weight of the heaviest three fish caught at each of the five venues. Larry received the 2011 WCCL champion’s vest and $500 for his achievement. He was followed in the standings by Tracy Jourdan (157-5, $100) and Andy Burnagiel (151-1). Larry Seeman also won $100 for the Big 5 competition (total weight of angler’s biggest fish at each of the five venues). Tracy Jourdan took the $100 Wacker Bait gift certificate for big fish of the league: a 28-0 common caught at the rowing lagoon in May. Congratulations to the winners!

We saw about 20 different faces during the league sessions, although only 8 actually paid the total league entry fee. After some discussion among regular participants, it was decided that there will be an upfront fee at the beginning of future WCCL Leagues. You are either in the league or you are out.

Big thanks to Tracy Jourdan for yet another enjoyable summer of carp fishing in Chicago! --Frank

Click here for Final WCCL Results and Standings!

Congratulation Larry !!!

That was definitely your summer in carp fishing in IL:)

If you will start in Winter League I bet on your winning !!!

Deer hunting in the winter months :D

Congrats to the 2011 WCCL Champions!

wcccl11_larry_champion.jpg

League Champion and Big 5 Winner Larry Seeman

:yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

wccl11_tracy_big_fish_winner.jpg

Big Fish Champion and WCCL Founder/Organizer Tracy Jourdan

:yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

As far as the September 17-18 weekend was concerned, bright skies on Saturday and rain throughout the day on Sunday posed challenges for all. As the only angler who caught any fish (2) on Saturday, Marcin Szydlowski (pictured below with a nice sized Crucian) took the big fish (10-12) pot and total weight (18-3) pot. On Sunday, money winners for total weight were Marcin Szydlowski (52-7) and Frank Rink (38-7), and big fish winner was Larry Seeman (14-0).

wccl11_091811_marcin_crucian_0703.jpg