Carp Anglers Group Forums
Paul Pezalla

Ccc In Chicago Sun Times

The article by Dale Bowman can be seen here. Or you could buy the actual newspaper for a retro approach.

My opinion Bogdan got robbed out of that newspaper headline :o

Nice article. Just read the newspaper here at the airport( on my way back home )

I'm with 911 here on Bogdan, and also no mention of "CAG / Carp Anglers Group"

Thanks again to all the locals for the great hospitality !!!!

Those that never been to Chicago must make a trip, just meeting the local guys will make it a trip to remember!!

My opinion Bogdan got robbed out of that newspaper headline :o

Not really, the article states amos won the carp king and he did with the biggest fish. Either way both the winners were mentioned in the article B)

Not really, the article states amos won the carp king and he did with the biggest fish. Either way both the winners were mentioned in the article B)

Headline states Amos won carp classic, NOT!! Bogdan did. :)

Nice article. Just read the newspaper here at the airport( on my way back home )

I'm with 911 here on Bogdan, and also no mention of "CAG / Carp Anglers Group"

Thanks again to all the locals for the great hospitality !!!!

Those that never been to Chicago must make a trip, just meeting the local guys will make it a trip to remember!!

The carp anglers group was mentioned in dales article a few days prior . Someone added the results in the comments B)

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bowman/2011/09/chicago_carp_classic_2011_chic.html#comment-3099680

Headline states Amos won carp classic, NOT!! Bogdan did. :)

Not that it matters, but isnt the big fish considered the crowning jewel for this event? Or is it the north american cup? Anyways thats why I think it stated he won the classic because he had the big fish. Who knows? But they both were mentioned B)

Edited by CARPBOWL

Nice write-up. Journalists are opportunists. At the time the writer was at the venue, Bogdan had not yet caught his 19+ to earn the NACC title, and Amos had just captured the 22-7. Consequently, the focus was on Amos. I was glad to see Bogdan get mentioned, though. The writer obviously did some homework and called Paul P. back to get final results. Good coverage.--Frank

FJR_amos_2207_pose_c%20%281%29.jpg

FJR_awards_bogdan_trophy_c.jpg

Neither Larry nor I said the article was bad or stated that Boggy was not mentioned.

Larry mentioned the HEADLINE and I agreed. It's not an argument gentleman, just a casual observation :)

What do you mean with ''NOT REALLY'' who win the CCC?

What do you mean with ''NOT REALLY'' who win the CCC?

What I mean is the article is correct in that Bogdan won the north american cup(big 4) and amos won big fish (carp king). Im not talking about the headline.... I didnt think it was that big of a issue because both anglers where mentioned in article. Once again congrats to both anglers on the big win last week B)

Edited by CARPBOWL

Ya Bogdan, I think you got robbed.

You won!

Amos Won Big fish.

Who got the CCC trophy?

Ya and big fish is called the carp king for the CCC... Just stating what the article says...take it as you want

We were very lucky to get ANY coverage for the event. Most of these simply don't get noticed by anyone other than those fishing. But, we all know who took home that beautiful trophy and who got the belt buckle. Both anglers did a great job. :yourock:

We were very lucky to get ANY coverage for the event. Most of these simply don't get noticed by anyone other than those fishing. But, we all know who took home that beautiful trophy and who got the belt buckle. Both anglers did a great job. :yourock:

Now we must just figure out what Larry is what Larry :P

Congratulations to both Bogdan and Amos :carprock:

I was amazed at Bogdan's long casts. Easily 100+ yards consitantly with one rod and the other rod in close.

Does anyone know which rod caught the 19 pounder?

Wow with this silly argument kinda glad I didnt fish it. Makes me wonder about what I got into with my membership... :P~8

B) If you expected a place where hundreds of people hold hands and sing Kumbaya, you've expected wrong :lol: .

It's a large group of people, people with opinions, sometimes very different opinions :P , as long as people refrain from personal attacks.

And if you did join us at the event, you would have had a completely different opinion :lol: . As far as I can tell, everybody had a blast. We would love to see you next year !!!

B) If you expected a place where hundreds of people hold hands and sing Kumbaya, you've expected wrong :lol: .

It's a large group of people, people with opinions, sometimes very different opinions :P , as long as people refrain from personal attacks.

And if you did join us at the event, you would have had a completely different opinion :lol: . As far as I can tell, everybody had a blast. We would love to see you next year !!!

sorry I guess my sarcasm didnt come thru my post was made tounge in cheek

I normally stay out of these discussions, but I wanted to point something out. In 2004, there were three main prizes: The Chicago Champion for the largest fish, the North American Champion for the largest four, and the International Champion for the most total weight. This year, there was no award for the International champion although Bogdon would have won that too. I think it is safe to say that judging by the different names given to each prize which is more valuable or which is consider the true heavy weight champion of the CCC. The International Champion or the total weight of all fish caught is the true champion. Bogdon is the CCC Champion for 2011. We all know it and that is fine with Bogdan. He is not concerned if all of Chicago knows it or not. Not to take anything away from Amos though. I normally consider the largest fish a luck prize, but it often falls to a gifted angler with real talent. Not always, but in this case we can all say it did. There is no question that Amos is a real champion too. The article was for Chicago, not North America. The Chicago Champion was Amos. He is the Chicago Carp King. That is the Chicago award. So what if Amos got a little bit more fame than Bogdan in the Chicago Times, who cares. I am sure Bogdan does not. Bogdan has had one of the greatest seasons on record on the professional carp fishing tournament circuit. Look at what he has accomplished this year. New York Wild Carp Week, World Carp Angling Championship, WI Carp Championship, the CCC, and even the Midwest Championship at Lake Hominy last season. Bogdan has had plenty of press and we all know how good of an angler he has become in just a short period of time. Let Amos have his fame too. After all, look what he is doing in the HCTT. Amos is a real top notch carp angler too. He needs a little credit and fame too. As for me, I am just jealous of both of them but especially Amos. Amos was right next to me when he caught that winning fish, one peg over. Wow, so close... that could have been me. laugh.gif I guess Amos had the better bait this time or the better peg. My point here is simple, two great and talented carp anglers won the top prizes, not nobodies. Both Bogdon and Amos are well deserving top notch CCC Champions.

Edited by Silurus_glanis