Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

FJR1

Will There Be A 2011-12 Winter Carp League?

I just noticed today that there is no longer a website for the Midwest Winter Carp League. :o

Will there be a league this year (2011-12)? --Frank

I heard no where to fish and can't find new venue. Quiet winter? :o

Joliet,Wells street, Suntimes Building,Joliet...... whats the problem?

:D

Marcin posted a couple days ago that the Valley Coal Plant that "heats" the Milwaukee venue will be open all winter. Is that not accurate?

Joliet and Wells Street venues are inconsistent due to ice flow, current, etc. I'd also not want to trudge through a foot of snow a half mile to fish the Sun Times venue.

Teo told me some power plants in Romeoville will be shot down so is possible even in Joliet we can have a problem fishing during winter.

we will see...

I still think Milwaukee would be the best bet, even if it meant starting a little earlier in the year to compensate for lack of warm water later in the winter (if, in fact, the RUMOR that the power plant will shut down is true). I don't think the organizers have to go through the trouble of getting sponsors and all those prizes. A simple entry fee, as in the early days of the league, is just fine. The opportunity to fish in the league is plenty for me.--Frank

Joliet and Wells Street venues are inconsistent due to ice flow, current, etc. I'd also not want to trudge through a foot of snow a half mile to fish the Sun Times venue.

The hill is to steep at Sun-times building, you'll slide right into the water :o

"The opportunity to fish in the league is plenty for me.--Frank " amen! :bigsmile:

The hill is to steep at Sun-times building, you'll slide right into the water :o

yep!! :lol::lol:

I checked this morning, and the Midwest Winter Carp League website is back in existence. That's a good sign. However, it's almost October. Has there been any word about whether or not there will be a league? Or, is it more restricted this year to invited anglers? If it is still an open league, it would be nice to know dates for planning purposes.--Frank

Midwest Winter Carp League website

home_1_17.png

On my last trip to Milwaukee, I was informed by the local creel census worker that the plant was not closing. Marcin later posted the same information. Does anyone have more current information about a closing? I'm planning another trip up there later this week and will try to ask around. I'm planning to spend a bit more time in San Diego this winter and likely won't participate in the league. I'd much rater sit under a palm tree than carry my gear through waist deep snow to fish!! B)