Carp Anglers Group Forums
(RI) pickerd

Potential Ri Record Common Realeased

Well, I got the RI common of my dreams today in some rainy and nasty weather in a little known venue that I had only marginal success in the past. The huge common, a 33 lb. 2 oz. beast, was taken on scopex Pescaviva fished ahead of an oatmeal based method ball. The fish would have beaten the official RI record by over half a pound had I brought it to a tackle store with a certified scale (the only way to certify a state record here in RI). Bringing it to get it weighed would have meant certain death to the fish, so after a few pics, I released my prize. Maybe we will meet up again in a few years when she could tip the scales as a mid thirty. I got far more satisfaction seeing that fish swim away to freedom than I would have gotten from having my name in a record book. However, I do plan to enter this fish in the CAG record book since I did have two wintnesses. This was a common PB for me and my first 30 lb. common. It is also the biggest fish I have taken from my home waters of RI.

post-1472-0-17106600-1316829307_thumb.jp

WTG Dave!!!!!:yourock:

well done,,,,,,,, congratulations ,,,,,,,,you need to team up with Iain and see how lucky you are at the ATC :P

Congrats to you on a Great Capture and for having the strength to release it rather than have it killed!!!!!! :yourock:

HOPPY4

Fantastic! I remember discussions from a a few years pondering if a 30 would exist in RI waters... I believe Kev got one (right?), and now you got this superb fish. Nice!

Beauty! Congrats all around on your work and ethical stand.