• Announcements

Mario Kok

Who Wants To Fish In Mexico?

0 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I recently moved with my family to Mexico City. Mostly because of my business, but also to escape the extreme violence in the north of Mexico. Now, not entirely a coincidence either ( B)) I find myself right smack in the middle of big fish territory. I'm about to undust my rods and start looking for some local fatties (No Neil, only carp :rolleyes: ).

If you're interested in joining me on my quest let me know. CAG members only... ;)

post-1403-0-60717300-1318862740_thumb.jp

Hi all,

I recently moved with my family to Mexico City. Mostly because of my business, but also to escape the extreme violence in the north of Mexico. Now, not entirely a coincidence either ( B)) I find myself right smack in the middle of big fish territory. I'm about to undust my rods and start looking for some local fatties (No Neil, only carp :rolleyes: ).

If you're interested in joining me on my quest let me know. CAG members only... ;)

Is it april again mario lol

Is it april again mario lol

Not this time buddy... B)

Not this time buddy... B)

I wonder how far of a drive from texas?

It's funny though. I had an open invitation for a looooooong time on this board and no one was really interested until the 40's started coming out. :D

So no, this is not an invitation to come to an established honey hole, fish a prebaited area and drag in a bunch of big fish.

This is an invitation to explore jointly new waters, to chase dreams, fish the unknown. Yes, we might blank and yes we might also land a few very respectable fish. But more than anything this is about the adventure. Virgin waters; common, mirror big grassers and even black carp, never seriously fished for. Who's game?

I wonder how far of a drive from texas?

It's about 14 hours from the border, without traffic. You'd be much better off flying to Mexico City. Much safer too...I would stay away from any highway at least in Tamaulipas, Nuevo Leon, Coahuila, Chihuahua and Zacatecas.

yeah I just checked, 19 hour drive from where I live, let me talk it over with the wife and will let you know, thanx for the open invitation mario.

BTW the other invitations you had where before I came aboard CAG :P

yeah I just checked, 19 hour drive from where I live, let me talk it over with the wife and will let you know, thanx for the open invitation mario.

BTW the other invitations you had where before I came aboard CAG :P

Let me know. ;)

I will do this every now and then. If anyone is interested in a long trip, let's say a week or so, be advised I can only maybe do two a year. So first come first serve. Shorter trips are much easier and I can always squeeze in a 3 day session or so.

CAG members only... ;)

Looks like I have to get my $25 out soon, yes?

Looks like I have to get my $25 out soon, yes?

Yes... :)

Yes... :)

Only $431 round trip to Mexico City from Boston via Atlanta. Fancy a 3 day FFF trip Mario?

Iain

Only $431 round trip to Mexico City from Boston via Atlanta. Fancy a 3 day FFF trip Mario?

Iain

Interesting, although I might be in Monterrey then. Do you have some flexibility in dates? A few days later?

I wanted to get down there and fish with ya this year, but money was an issue...hopefully next 2012 will pan out :)

does Mexico have fishing licenses????? if so how much for a GRINGO??

Interesting, although I might be in Monterrey then. Do you have some flexibility in dates? A few days later?

Sending PM.

Iain

Going fast, January and August/September are full...That pretty much only leaves autumn for me.

Neil, no need for fishing licenses in Mexico as long as you fish from shore. Better jump on it if you want a piece of the action... B)

Sending PM.

Iain

Don't tell Rick, he will kill you. :lol:

Better yet, invite him as well... ;)

BEAUITFUL BIG FAT CARP! You prebaited all the time.... boilies, maizes, beans, etc ? Look like France Carp!

I have a passport and its good for about 8 more years and someday I would like to join you to fish for 40's and up lbs carp!

BEAUITFUL BIG FAT CARP! You prebaited all the time.... boilies, maizes, beans, etc ? Look like France Carp!

I have a passport and its good for about 8 more years and someday I would like to join you to fish for 40's and up lbs carp!

It ate too many beans and got bloated...but seriously my door is open. ;)

One day, one day ;)

But I have near 50's right here in MA, and they like me!! :)

post-6188-0-99590600-1318980468_thumb.jp

But I have near 50's right here in MA, and they like me!! :)

Yea, but can they do the the Jarabe tapatía?

Yea, but can they do the the Jarabe tapatía?

No, but this one can do the lambada.

post-6188-0-64979900-1318990497_thumb.jp

Edited by Scott Osmond

I knew it wasn't a 50... :P

Fantastic fish dude. ;)