-Marcin Szydlowski

-Frank Rink

-Mirek Malej

Group D

-Ioan Jacob

-Adam Holodok

-Kris Motwicki

-Mike Olinger

Having just returned home from CA, I appreciate your posting the groups, Ernest. Thanks! Wow! Those are some impressive groups and some tough competition. It should be fun!--Frank

Group A

-Henry Burza

-Matthew Bryja

-Ed Montgomery

-Andy Burnagiel

Group B

-Tracy Jourdan

-Greg Zaliszewski

-Luke Bober

-Thomas Falaszewski

Group C

-Ernest Kolodziejczyk

-Marcin Szydlowski

-Frank Rink

-Mirek Malej

Group D

-Ioan Jacob

-Adam Holodok

-Kris Motwicki

-Mike Olinger

Remind me of World Soccer Cup! Good luck everyone!

Only one more angler is needed to get us to 20 participants for the 2011-12 Winter Carp League. Please contact Ernest or Magda asap at contact@wintercarpleague.com if you are interested. Thanks for your consideration.

I see 20 are in the league now. Great! Welcome to Rodolfo, DJ, Slawek, Rafal, and Luke! Best of luck. :yourock:

What happened to Adam? :(

MWCL website here!

mwcl2012_participants.jpg

Edited by FJR1

Tough first day for Midwest Winter Carp League at Milwaukee on Oct. 30

The Midwest Winter Carp League Group A anglers met some lockjawed Milwaukee carp at the league's first session on October 30. Seven fish were captured all day, and Henry Burza at peg 1 caught four of them. Henry's total weight of 44-6 with a big fish of 14-5 earned him five points for the league lead. Ed Montgomery (peg 4) took four points for second place with two fish totaling 29-10. He also had big fish of the day at 17-5. Matthew Bryja (peg 5) was third with one fish at 13-9. Unfortunately, Rodolfo Garcia and Andy Burnagiel at pegs 3 and 2 respectively experienced a blank session.

There are twenty MWCL anglers in four groups of five fishing on rotating Sundays from October 30 through April 29. Sessions run from 7:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. The winner will be determined by a point system. Cash and prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers and to the group winners. The next session will be Sunday, November 6 for Group B. - F. Rink

MWCL website

p062_0_01_03.jpg

home_1_00.png

Edited by FJR1

Interesting report! Any report on the water temperature? I had similar results fishing a few times at this venue, earlier in the Fall. I also noticed that the water temperature had dropped quite a bit more than the same time in 2010. Hope that's not a sign of things to come this year. Good luck and good weather to everyone in the League.

Interesting report! Any report on the water temperature? I had similar results fishing a few times at this venue, earlier in the Fall. I also noticed that the water temperature had dropped quite a bit more than the same time in 2010. Hope that's not a sign of things to come this year. Good luck and good weather to everyone in the League.

Henry reported that the water temp was 52°.

wow good luck all and i thought i had it rough sat ;)

Rough? You caught 19 fish!

1.5 ilbs lmao

Nope. Your average was 3 lbs., 9 oz. :lol:

Wow! I dont even know snow in Milwaukee! Still catch fish anyway! B)

John--That was a photo from last year. I don't think Milwaukee had snow yesterday.--Frank

Given a choice, I'd take a lucky peg draw over skill anytime.

Things are looking a little better for the Milwaukee Winter Carp League as over 20 fish were captured during the November 13 Group C session, despite the fact that only 10 of them exceeded the eight pound minimum.

The 6:15 a.m. random peg draw had Ernest K. drawing 5, Luke W.-4, Marcin S.-3, Mirek M,-2, and Frank R.-1.

Frank struck early from his lucky peg 1 with a 10 pounder and an 8 pounder, but Ernest soon countered with a near 13 pounder from peg 5. Marcin, in peg 3, followed with an 8 pounder and then started a run that would have him with four fish and a 20-pound lead, including big fish of the day at 14-2.

With an hour or two remaining in the contest, a huge three-decker tour boat came through pegs 5, 4, 3, and 2 just as Marcin was landing his final fish. Marcin got a nice applause from the tourists as they proceeded to turn the boat around in Marcin’s peg 3 and Mirek’s peg 2. After that, pegs 2 through 5 would experience no additional runs for the rest of the day.

Lucky peg 1 remained untouched by the tourist boat, and Frank rode that good luck to the finish. He caught a 14-2 to tie Marcin’s big fish. Then, he added a 12 pounder and an 8 pounder in the last hour to take first and 5 points for the session with about 54 pounds (exact weights to be posted soon on the WCL website). Thirteen total fish were captured out of peg 1, but only 5 were lucky enough to make the eight pound weight minimum. Marcin ended the day with about 46 pounds for 4 points, and Ernest took 3 points for his nice 12-13. Luke and Mirek drew those tough pegs at 2 and 4 and finished the day with a point for attendance.

The next session of the WCL will be Sunday, November 20 with Group D participating. Following that session, pegs will be chosen in reverse order of each person’s standing at their group’s previous session. I would have preferred that it be in reverse order of one’s placement in the overall standings, but it’s a step in the right direction. It’s pretty clear to this point what peg will be chosen first once the choices begin! Good luck, everyone! –Frank

Given a choice, I'd take a lucky peg draw over skill anytime.

Things are looking a little better for the Milwaukee Winter Carp League as over 20 fish were captured during the November 13 Group C session, despite the fact that only 10 of them exceeded the eight pound minimum.

The 6:15 a.m. random peg draw had Ernest K. drawing 5, Luke W.-4, Marcin S.-3, Mirek M,-2, and Frank R.-1.

Frank struck early from his lucky peg 1 with a 10 pounder and an 8 pounder, but Ernest soon countered with a near 13 pounder from peg 5. Marcin, in peg 3, followed with an 8 pounder and then started a run that would have him with four fish and a 20-pound lead, including big fish of the day at 14-2.

With an hour or two remaining in the contest, a huge three-decker tour boat came through pegs 5, 4, 3, and 2 just as Marcin was landing his final fish. Marcin got a nice applause from the tourists as they proceeded to turn the boat around in Marcin’s peg 3 and Mirek’s peg 2. After that, pegs 2 through 5 would experience no additional runs for the rest of the day.

Lucky peg 1 remained untouched by the tourist boat, and Frank rode that good luck to the finish. He caught a 14-2 to tie Marcin’s big fish. Then, he added a 12 pounder and an 8 pounder in the last hour to take first and 5 points for the session with about 54 pounds (exact weights to be posted soon on the WCL website). Thirteen total fish were captured out of peg 1, but only 5 were lucky enough to make the eight pound weight minimum. Marcin ended the day with about 46 pounds for 4 points, and Ernest took 3 points for his nice 12-13. Luke and Mirek drew those tough pegs at 2 and 4 and finished the day with a point for attendance.

The next session of the WCL will be Sunday, November 20 with Group D participating. Following that session, pegs will be chosen in reverse order of each person’s standing at their group’s previous session. I would have preferred that it be in reverse order of one’s placement in the overall standings, but it’s a step in the right direction. It’s pretty clear to this point what peg will be chosen first once the choices begin! Good luck, everyone! –Frank

great job guy!!!!

great job guy!!!!

Thanks, Larry. We've talked about it before. A lucky peg draw is the most influential variable in these contests.

Thanks, Larry. We've talked about it before. A lucky peg draw is the most influential variable in these contests.

Your right again, still.

Your right again, still.

Yet another factor about luck: When I caught that 12-11 late, I told Marcin that we were probably very close in total weight for the day. Ernest and Magdalena have the updated standings posted this morning, and I noticed that Marcin caught 45 pounds, 11 ounces for the session. So, after my 12-11 was weighed, I had 45 pounds, 5 ounces for the session or 6 ounces behind Marcin. I needed that 8-11 caught in the last 20 minutes to win 5 points. Now that's pure luck!

Anyway here are a few pics of some nice fish caught at the Group C session of the Winter Carp League on 11/13/11:

Marcin Szydlowski with a 14-2

milwaukee2011_111311_ms_1402.jpg

Ernest Kolodziejczyk with a 12-13 out of peg 5

milwaukee2012_111311_ek_12plus.jpg

Marcin with yet another nice carp from peg 3

milwaukee2012_111311_ms_10plus.jpg

Good luck to Group D at the next session on November 20!--Frank

Click here for Midwest Winter Carp League website!

Yet another factor about luck: When I caught that 12-11 late, I told Marcin that we were probably very close in total weight for the day. Ernest and Magdalena have the updated standings posted this morning, and I noticed that Marcin caught 45 pounds, 11 ounces for the session. So, after my 12-11 was weighed, I had 45 pounds, 5 ounces for the session or 6 ounces behind Marcin. I needed that 8-11 caught in the last 20 minutes to win 5 points. Now that's pure luck!

Anyway here are a few pics of some nice fish caught at the Group C session of the Winter Carp League on 11/13/11:

Marcin Szydlowski with a 14-2

milwaukee2011_111311_ms_1402.jpg

Ernest Kolodziejczyk with a 12-13 out of peg 5

milwaukee2012_111311_ek_12plus.jpg

Marcin with yet another nice carp from peg 3

milwaukee2012_111311_ms_10plus.jpg

Good luck to Group D at the next session on November 20!--Frank

Click here for Midwest Winter Carp League website!

Congrats Frank Again. good job. Thank you for the pictures.