Carp Anglers Group Forums
kentlakecarper

6Th Annual Michigan Curry, Gear Swap, Fundraiser, Meet&greet

Hello All,

2012 will mark the 6th annual event hosted by myself and Nikki from our home.

Saturday March 10th starting at 10am

This year from 10-11:30 we will have the meet and greet and any gear swapping that may interest you all. Be sure to bring items for trade or sell.

At 11:30ish we will go over our calendar of events and vote on the final dates and venue locations.

Floowing the event calendar we will conduct any other order of business such as programs, voting topics and any news of importance in the carp world.

After all orders of business we'll jump right into the Fundraiser raffle. For those of you not aware of how this works it goes like this:

For everyone that is coming, I kindly ask that you bring along a donation for the raffle table. this can be anything used or new that another sportsman may have a use for. i will then conduct the raffle. I'll select an item and announce who it's from and an estimated value, eveyone can then buy tickets for this item at $1 per ticket, no limit. After all ticket sales for that item are done we will selct a winning ticket and then procede to the next item, and so on and on.

We may have a few bigger ticket items where tickets will be a higher dollar amount.

The proceeds we raise from this event will go towards whatever we vote on prior to the raffle. Last year everyone in attendance got a CAG membership, we bought the gold pins to be used as the big fish award at our events, purchased raffle items for events, food/drink for events, items for this event to be raffled off, and the rest we rolled over into savings for the next year.

After the raffle, It's time to chow down on a traditional curry I make plus drinks and maybe even dessert! Of course if you would like to bring a dish it would be most welcome!

Mark the date and read up on years past. smile.gif

Started in 2007:

http://www.carpangle...=1

2008 2nd annual event:

http://michigancarp....&t=210&start=15

2009 3rd annual event:

2010 4th annual event:

2011 5th annual event:

results:

Oh man, I'll start saving my dollar bills. The girls at the club are gonna be mad at me, lol!!!!!

hhhmmmmhhhhmmmm curry!i dont know what i like more! the great food,the super great people that ive come to know by spending bankspace with!or all the cool stuff i get to buy! or maybe its nikkies cheeseball! but anyway i cant wait! and like alot of you folks ive not missed one yet! and dont plan to start now!

hhhmmmmhhhhmmmm curry!i dont know what i like more! the great food,the super great people that ive come to know by spending bankspace with!or all the cool stuff i get to buy! or maybe its nikkies cheeseball! but anyway i cant wait! and like alot of you folks ive not missed one yet! and dont plan to start now!

:D Hey buddy we missed ya this second half of the year. hope all is well and good and hope to see ya again soon!!

I'm there

You better be B) Bring a container to put your wife's curry in...I'm running low :D

Oh man, I'll start saving my dollar bills. The girls at the club are gonna be mad at me, lol!!!!!

You best save, I've a cz 40b with your name on it :)

all is well here and good! when we had that die off on my home waters it took the wind out of my sails! i was really depressed! its been a strange year for me! but im fighting my way back!and hope to reclam my carp crown this year!

Im really looking foward to the fund raiser this year, ill be ther as well!

Edited by Austin

all is well here and good! when we had that die off on my home waters it took the wind out of my sails! i was really depressed! its been a strange year for me! but im fighting my way back!and hope to reclam my carp crown this year!

Hey Dru,

Give me a call sometime so we can catch up buddy!!

Im really looking foward to the fund raiser this year, ill be ther as well!

Awesome, Looking forward to seeing you and the family again B)

Sorry Andy but I wont be able to make it again - I'll be down in the Gulf after redfish! cool.gif

You guys have fun. party0012icon.gif

will do little buddy!say hi to nikki and maddie for me!

They say hello back Dru!!

I'll be there too Andy!

Excellent,

really looking forward to catching up with ya Mark.

Sorry Andy but I wont be able to make it again - I'll be down in the Gulf after redfish! cool.gif

You guys have fun. :party0012icon:

Ahh bummer!! All the best to you on your vacation Dave. C-ya later in the year.

Please let me know if you can or cannot make it, it will help with gathering up goodies for food/drink.

Event will start at around 10am.

Please consider bringing along items for the raffle table and if you cannot make the event maybe entertain the thought of shipping something over.

Be great to c-ya all again!!

Robbie has genrously donated a brand new Fly rod, reel and book for this event. kudos buddy and thank you!!

Dave Ash has generously donated a salmon fishing trip on Lake Michigan. Many thanks buddy, much appreciated!!

For those of you that have not contacted me yet, Please do so :)

Only a month away.

ok its feb. 24th and march is just around the cornner! which means the curry dinner is sooooooooooon! i cant wait!im also thinking about pulling out the carpgear and doing some fishing! how about you all?