Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

2012 Spring Pig Hunt Carp Tournament, Chicago, Il

I had a great time fishing, which now means netting others fish!! :hi501:

Good event as always Frank! Cant wait for the next one

You were in a tough peg section, Zach. Thanks for attending.--Frank

I disagree with that old saying "You snooze you lose". Amos and wife had to wake me while my new PB was taking out all my line.

So a special thanks to Amos, his Wife & Remmi for that and for netting all my other fish on Saturday! I couldnt ask for better people in the peg next to me! :yourock:

Thanks Frank for hosting this event. Paige and I had a good time agian in Chicago. Larry is was my pleasure netting all your fish that 35 pounder was a great looking fish. Cory thanks for making me aware of this event after the ATC. I went to Jolilet afterwards and caught one fish yesterday before getting chased out by the rain it was 17-4. Frank Jathan will be sending you the pictures Paige took.

I wish to convey my thanks again to Frank for organizing the event and making some spare gear available to me when United Airlines fell short of their duties, and to Larry for the ride to/from the venue. And to Jathan for his netting skills, and the willingness of all to pitch in to help each other.

The Illinois and Indiana carpers are some great people, without a doubt! I was glad to donate my share of the winnings! ;)

Larry Seeman rules at 2012 Cinco de Mayo Pighunt in Chicago

Despite a fog enshrouded lakefront and raw winds with temps in the low 50s all day, eighteen anglers participated in the May 5, 2012 Cinco de Mayo Pighunt Carp Tournament at Lincoln Park’s Rowing Lagoon in Chicago.

Weather conditions were not conducive to the usual pre-spawn bite, but 42 carp weighing 527 pounds were captured and released. Average weight was 12 pounds, 8 ounces.

Larry Seeman of Joliet swept the medal categories. His victories were anchored by the capture of a tremendous 35-4, which easily took the big fish honors and also served as cornerstone for his Big 3 winning total of 67-10 and Total Weight winning total of 101-5.

Jason Towne was second in the Big 3 contest with 60-7 and also captured second big fish (24-12). In addition, Jason won the Jaxon baitrunner reel with the carp closest in weight to 22 pounds (22-3).

Amos Behanna took third place in the Big 3 event with 54-9. Amos also had second high total weight at 89-2.

Marcin Szydlowski won the MAP feeder and mould with small carp of the day at 2-8.

Of the 18 anglers who participated, 11 caught fish.

There were “hits and misses” in each section and angler bait and tactics entered into the equation, but it appeared as if the fish preferred the deeper water on the north end of the venue and it got progressively worse the farther south the pegs were.

Pegs 1-5 (north end) resulted in 264 pounds of carp.

Pegs 6-10 had 147 pounds.

Pegs 11-15 recorded 83 pounds.

Pegs 16-20 (south end) produced only 3 fish at 33 pounds.

Some “Top 5 Results”

Top 5 Big Fish

35-4 – Larry Seeman (Medal and $115)

24-12 – Jason Towne (Medal and $40)

23-8 – Amos Behanna

22-3 – Jason Towne (Jaxon Reel for fish closest to 22 lbs.)

21-4 – Mike Olinger

Top 5 Big 3

67-10 – Larry Seeman (Medal and $180)

60-7 – Jason Towne (Medal and $115)

54-9 – Amos Behanna (Medal and $70)

44-4 – Mike Olinger

40-6 – Brian Sherwood

Top 6 Total Weight

101-5 – Larry Seeman (% of pot) (Medal and Unhooking Mat donated by Jim Donlan)

89-2 – Amos Behanna (% of pot)

86-14 – Mike Olinger

60-7 – Jason Towne

54-5 – Marcin Szydlowski

54-3 – Brian Sherwood

Thanks to all participants for their attendance and who also generated sales of $150 in extra draw tickets. I will be sending that donation to CAG ASAP. —Dr. Frank Rink, Tournament Organizer

Photos and website coming soon.

Congrats to all the individuals that placed during the event and to Frank for hosting and organizing the event.

Larry, that 35 is a beast..congrats man!!

Many thanks to all that contributed to the additional funds for the drawings. Thanks Frank for sending over the $150.

Great job on the Koi Mike! The 35 pounder isn't too bad either! Looked like a lot of fun, sorry I missed it!

Thanks Frank for hosting this event. Paige and I had a good time agian in Chicago. Larry is was my pleasure netting all your fish that 35 pounder was a great looking fish. Cory thanks for making me aware of this event after the ATC. I went to Jolilet afterwards and caught one fish yesterday before getting chased out by the rain it was 17-4. Frank Jathan will be sending you the pictures Paige took.

Amos--Glad you could attend, and congrats on your catches and finish. Looking forward to getting those additional pics.--Frank

Tournament results website!

I wish to convey my thanks again to Frank for organizing the event and making some spare gear available to me when United Airlines fell short of their duties, and to Larry for the ride to/from the venue. And to Jathan for his netting skills, and the willingness of all to pitch in to help each other.

The Illinois and Indiana carpers are some great people, without a doubt! I was glad to donate my share of the winnings! ;)

Brian--It was my pleasure. I only wish that the weather and the bite were more typical of a usual May day at the rowing lagoon.--Frank

Congrats to all the individuals that placed during the event and to Frank for hosting and organizing the event.

Many thanks to all that contributed to the additional funds for the drawings. Thanks Frank for sending over the $150.

Thanks, Andy. I'm glad my little fundraiser resulted in a few bucks for CAG.--Frank

Thanks Andy, some day il match or beat you PB