Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

CHIBIGTEE

Windy City Carp League 2012

Windy City Carp League 2012

Event Format

Hello fellow carpers! Hope you had a happy and safe holiday. It's time to start thinking of the upcoming season and planning. There have been changes to the league. Trying to juggle a league that caters to both novice and tournament carpers has been challenging at best. Also having the individual matches twice in one weekend has been very hard on myself. So I have consolidated the league into a competition league so as to best serve the most consistent attendees. We will be fishing on Sundays this year. The other major change is how the league will be scored. In order to level the playing field so one carper can't take an insurmountable lead, we will be using a modified matchfishing system. The league will be divided into sections of carpers. This will be determined by how many sign-up. A blind draw will determine who fishes which peg each week. So we will have 3 sections of 4 or 5 or have 4 sections of 4 or 5 carpers. A carper will fish against the other carpers in their section for points. 1st will 5/4 points, 2nd will be 4/3, 3rd will be 3/2 and so on. If there are 16 carpers there would be 4 sections of 4. Maximum amount of points for the year would be 20 if there are 4 sections of 4. In order to separate any carpers that end up tied is by taking the average of their 10 LARGEST FISH. The carper with the highest point total and, if a tiebreaker is required, highest average per fish of 10 largest fish will be CHAMPION. In order to make up for the lost day of fishing, we will expand the number of rods available to use from 2 to 3. YES, 3 rods if you wish. We will also be fishing an extra hour and that has been added to the beginning. Therefore, we will be starting an hour earlier. The league is going to be comprised of 5 individual events or matches that will be held during the summer of 2012. Matches will run from 7am to 4pm. The draw will be at 6:30am. This event is to determine the best Windy City carper. The fee for this year will $100.00 and 100% pay-out. 1st=40%, 2nd=30%, 3rd=20% and big fish will be 10%.

RULES AND REGULATIONS.

1. The draw will be EXACTLY 30 minutes before the start of fishing.

2. Pegs/flags shall be 10-20 yards apart and must be staked out by club

official(s) and numbered PRIOR TO DRAWING PEGS.

3. Anglers may go to their pegs after the draw is completed.

4. During the preparation period, competitors may set-up their gear, test their

rigs, and plumb depth. NO FEEDING IS ALLOWED DURING THIS TIME! No bait on hooks

during this process.

5. Ground bait/chum may be thrown-in by hand, by catapult, throwing

sticks, spods and bait droppers.

6. Anglers must be positioned NOT farther than 3 feet to either side of their

peg/flag. An angler may fish up to HALF THE DISTANCE TO THE NEXT PEG on either

side. THIS ALSO GOES TO THE ANGLER WITH AN END PEG! If pegs are 20 yards apart,

you may only fish 10 yards to either side of your flag/peg. NO 50 yard casts to

the side if your of an end peg.

7. Wading is not permitted. You may go in after something that has fallen into

the water, but NO fishing from the water.

8. Anglers will be restricted to 3 poles, 3 lines, 3 hooks at a time. An angler

may have as many spares set-up ready at any time, but may only use 3 at a time.

9. Ledger, feeder, hair-rigging, and float fishing are allowed.

10. NO artificial lures,jigs, may be used.

11. An angler MUST STRIKE, PLAY the fish UNASSISTED. No help from other anglers

or guests or interested spectators. A fish may be played into the next peg area

but only for the shortest amount of time as possible. NO walking over to where

the fish is. It must be played and landed from your peg/flag. Netting the fish

may be done by anyone.

12. Anglers under the age of 13 are allowed to fish but MUST be accompanied by

supervising adult. The supervising adult is allowed to assist the minor angler.

13. Competitors MUST STOP FISHING when the horn sounds to end the match. All

lines are to be removed in a timely manner.

14. We will use the weigh as their caught format. There will a board with the

current standings of fish caught.

15. IF A FISH IS HOOKED BEFORE THE HORN SOUNDS. THE ANGLER WILL GET 15 MINUTES

TO LAND THE FISH. The angler must let an official know that a fish is being

played so the time count down can be monitored. IF THE FISH IS STILL TOUCHING

THE WATER WHEN TIMES-UP, THE FISH WILL NOT COUNT!

16. There will a weigh station in each section to record all catches. Weight must be verified by 2 members of that same days section.

17. In case of any violation of the above rules, where a complaint has been

launched, the decision of the official(s) will be final.

18. Angler's shall conduct themselves in a manner not prejudicial to the sport

of carp fishing. Any questions to this rule will be decided by the local law

enforcement officer. MIND YOUR MANNERS!!!!!!!

19. All penalties will be assessed in the form of weight. The bigger the infraction the larger the amount of weight will be removed from that angler's total.

20. ALL FEE'S MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO LEAGUE START.

Tournament Venues

June 10 Rowing Canal Next to Lincoln Park Zoo Fullerton and Lake Shore Drive

June 24 Jackson Park Harbor(outer) 6400 S. Coast Guard Dr.

July 15 Montrose Outer Harbor(lakeside)

August 12 Diversey Outer Harbor(lakeside)

September 9 CHAMPIONSHIP DAY!!! Diversey Inner Harbor East side just north of Fullerton

Since the championship will done in time for the CCC, The league will pay the winner's way to the CCC. You'll of course be representing our league. Good Luck! later

The Windy City Carp League is best described as an extremely enjoyabe, highly challenging, well organized league that is exemplified by class, fairness, and commitment to improve the experience. Your 2012 guidelines enhance all these qualities, Tracy! Thanks for the opportunity. I am in! Let me know how/where to pay. Thanks. :yourock: --Frank

OOPS! forgot to let you know. I set up an account with PAYPAL under "WINDYCITYCARPLEAGUE" to take care of payment. Hopefully this makes it a little easier. I'll also be posting a current list of competitors as they get paid up. Thanks. later

Paypal payments to people/organizations are typically made to an e-mail address. Can you specify the Paypal e-mail address that represents "WINDYCITYCARPLEAGUE"? I'd like to send my payment to assure a place. Thanks.--Frank

Well I think I have it right. I just signed myself up and it actually worked. :Banana:

Thanks for the updated account information, Tracy. I just sent my payment and received the typical Paypal receipt, so you should have my entry fee now or in the very near future. Thanks, again, for hosting.--Frank

Question is 3 poles, 3 lines and 3 hooks? I thought that Illinois only allow 2! Lake Michigan and Chicago River allow 3?

Question is 3 poles, 3 lines and 3 hooks? I thought that Illinois only allow 2! Lake Michigan and Chicago River allow 3?

Yes John you can fish chciago river and lake Michigan even with 50 rods I believe but on third rod and next ones you need to put your personal information: name and address.

be or not to be...hmmm this is a question :blush:

Yes I am in :carprock:

I miss so much some of the chicago carp fishing anglers faces and almost forgot them so lets refresh my memory ;)

I will send payment later today and also I can say in 100% Andy Burnagiel will be in as well but let me talk to him

Thanks Tracy

ps. be careful this year for Polonia Carp Team Crew, all of us probably will be there ready for win :yes:

thank you gentlemen. The revised format should keep it a tight race. John, you can fish 50 hooks. Any more than 3 rods require your name and address and such. Those little return address stickers you put on christmas card envelopes will do the trick. A special thanks to Mr. Sander for returning to the competition ring. Him, Marcin, and the rest of Team Polonia will make this a more interesting and fun event. WELCOME ABOARD!

The more the merrier. Who else is in?

My little one man team for the 2012 WCCL will have a logo based on the reaction I get from joggers at the lagoon or others at the lakefront when I net a fish: "Oh, it's only a carp."

Hence: itsonlyacarpteam.jpg:lol:

The more the merrier. Who else is in?

My little one man team for the 2012 WCCL will have a logo based on the reaction I get from joggers at the lagoon or others at the lakefront when I net a fish: "Oh, it's only a carp."

Hence: itsonlyacarpteam.jpg:lol:

I would not say You are a little man ;)

Nice logo ;)

Pawel--"Little" is an adjective for "team." It's my little team of one angler participating in Tracy's League. I'm looking forward to it, despite not having done really well in past seasons of the league. It's still a fun league, though. I'm glad you can join us for a change. :) --Frank

itsonlyacarpteam.jpg

sorry guys, was at a seminar over the weekend so I wasn't able to keep up. Thanks for signing up. later

Hi tracy. This is mihai aciu. You can count on all the members of team extreme carp fishing ;

Mihai aciu

Bogdan bucur

Hosu alin

Istvan gyori

Paul dinea

Ioan iacob

Can't wait for this to start !!!!!

Thanks gentlemen! I've been getting ready for the ATC and missed your post. Maybe I'll see you down in Texas. It's going to be a fun year. later

Getting pretty competitive, dont know if im in or not :huh: :huh: :huh:

Skeered? :lol::D:lol:

Tracy,

Please hold my spot.

Will there be trophies this year?

Dan