• Announcements

markpinner

Would Anyone Like To Show Me The Usa Ropes In The Spring?

0 posts in this topic

Hi my name is Mark and i have recently moved to Lake Geneva from the UK.

I have been a carp angler for 20+ years and fished all over the UK and France with a PB of 50Ib Common and 49Ib Mirror, i have bags of experience fishing high pressure waters targeting single fish and just as much fishing in shoal type situations with the aim of picking out the larger lunkers.

I am keen to get into the carp scene here and would like to hook up with someone or a group of you so that i can get some bankside social time with the aim of me getting better understanding of the rules and regulations that you have over here, what works, what doesnt etc.

I am 42 years old and a very serious angler, so you dont need to worry about ending up with a jerk on the bank with you for the day that you cant wait to get away from.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, and welcome to cag mate, I am sure there will be a few guys on here that can point you in the right direction

What state you from ? Always love to show the overseas guy what my area can do and pick their brains .

Hi Carpinken,

We are Wisconsin, about 20 minutes over the Illinois border

Stop in to Wacker Bait & Tackle to say hello and get an introduction to Illinois/Wisconsin carp fishing.

Welcome aboard and there are several great guys in your area and I am sure any one of them would be happy to meet up and do some fishing.

Hi Carpinken,

We are Wisconsin, about 20 minutes over the Illinois border

Mark

Paul Here from Chicago. I will be fishing Milwaukee tomorrow. I will sen message to You with my cell phone # just call me tomorrow morning. Spot is about one hour away from Lake Geneva.

Let me know i will be glad to show You tomorrow the best winter carp fishing spot probably all over USA (I mean real winter :))

Best Regards

Paul

ps. I got 30 lbs 9 oz from this spot few days ago so just come over or just call me if You can not make it

Mark

Paul Here from Chicago. I will be fishing Milwaukee tomorrow.

Doesn't anybody ever work during the week anymore? You're making it tough on us retireees! :Old:

Larry work can wait, big carp not :)

Btw. Are you coming or you are already there? :)

Be there soon.

gentlemen, Lake Geneva is a very clear deep lake in southern Wisconsin(just over Illinois border). Directly between our local winter hot spots. One of the Milwaukee rivers(Winter League venue and others) and the Chicago River are equadistant of where Mr. Pinner lives. He will not go carp deprived. ;)

Welcome to the gang Mark, good to have you! If you ever feel like travelin a bit us Indiana folk can show you a great time! Oh, and we can fish for carp too if you want!! Come say hello to our group at Hoosier Carpers.com and you will find plenty of serious anglers that you can fish and trade secrets with. Welcome to our country and our site, see you bankside!

Mark,

Lake Geneva is a pretty decent lake for carp.....but in compairison to Mid-West Lakes....not euro-waters. Mid twenties with possible low thirties are possible.....there may be larger but you would need to boat to reach the fish. The Bay in the downtown is a good pre-spawn location. And the Marina at the Abbey has a host of hotdog fed carp that would rival most U.S. waters, but access is the issue.....Unless you know someone.

Heavy Baiting Campains will bring the ire of the DNR and Parks department upon you....Lake Geneva is a big Tourist destination and they like to promote that.....Be sensible....very very few fish for carp in Geneva. Other areas are close....You might even want to try Buffalo (America's slimey carp nitch fish) on Koshkenog and the Rock River about 40 miles west of you.....record size fish!!! WhiteWater has a ton of smaller fish....hooked the largest carp in my life there, well over 48", but that was ages ago and Rotenone treatements and Bow fishing have seen the carp adapt to unusually long and slender bodies.....but fast like bonefish. Delevan has a kids carp derby every year....lots of fish few approaching 20. The Fox Chain has some 24-35 pound fish on the Illinois side.......but you'll need to work for them.

I'm on the Fox about 45 minutes south of you.....I may be able to find some time to meet up with you or your welcome down here, the fish arn't huge but there is a band every Fri and Sat. and the bar is a good one.

Ladies and Gents,

Thank you all for your offers, help and guidance. I have hooked up with Paul Sander for my first trip out on Sunday who as been an absolute star bringing me up to speed in the carp scene over here.

I hope to see you all at some stage on the bank, and I look forward to entering a few of the tournaments.

Thank you all

Mark