Carp Anglers Group Forums

Though I didn't know him, and barely heard of him, I will miss him as well.......................:(..I'm sure he's fishing his dream swim!!!.............................

On 1/12/2018 at 8:39 PM, Zatesta said:

Bernie has now been enshrined into the land of YouTube.

http://www.bigcarp.news/web/videos/classic-carp-fishing-video-from-bernie-haines/

Thanks Zach that was a great video

Hi all

I'm Bernie's neice. Sat in a coffee shop over here in the UK with Bernie's elder sister, my mum. We never knew how much of an impact uncle Bernie had on people's lives and seeing this message board by chance today is truly humbling. The old photos are really something and for mum to see her brothers face after all these years is just amazing. Thank you all for your kind words. Uncle Bernie wasn't around in my life much as he lived in the USA but when he did come to visit he was such an immense personality. Mum had the pleasure of visiting him before he died and steered his boat down the St Lawrence! 

Once again thank you all for your messages and I hope he inspires many more fishermen and women 

Best, Jennifer 

7 hours ago, ThatchickJ said:

Hi all

I'm Bernie's neice. Sat in a coffee shop over here in the UK with Bernie's elder sister, my mum. We never knew how much of an impact uncle Bernie had on people's lives and seeing this message board by chance today is truly humbling. The old photos are really something and for mum to see her brothers face after all these years is just amazing. Thank you all for your kind words. Uncle Bernie wasn't around in my life much as he lived in the USA but when he did come to visit he was such an immense personality. Mum had the pleasure of visiting him before he died and steered his boat down the St Lawrence! 

Once again thank you all for your messages and I hope he inspires many more fishermen and women 

Best, Jennifer 

Hi Jennifer, How wonderful you found these posts! Yes he was certainly quite the character and an extraordinary angler. If we can help in sharing photos or put you in contact with those who fished with him please let me know. All the best, Iain

Jennifer, thanks for sharing your memories of your Uncle Bernie. I never had the pleasure or honor to meet him but all the posts show that he was well liked and respected by carp anglers here and abroad. I have the YouTube video on my viewing list.

On 11/5/2019 at 9:10 AM, ThatchickJ said:

Hi all

Best, Jennifer 

❣️