Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Slimy

Suggestions For Our Cag On Line Contests

OK guys and girls.

I am opening up the floor to suggestions for future contests!

So far ChicagoCarpAngler has come up with some good suggestions already:

Best color Koi

Best good look and thick body Mirror Carp

Best looking big Common Carp

BIG Koi

Monster Goldfish :)

Funny Carp angler

Let's here some ideas and topics you would want to participate in!

Those are all cool! But what I'd like to see (You ask) is a biggest common and biggest mirror contest. Something like say ??? April 15-May 15 ?? a 30 day deal maybe a 60 day deal. CAGs big fish contest. I realize we already have big fish in the state recognition I'm talking a seperate contest, could be free or a small fee. But you have to sign up to be eligible.

Or....since I've never read the rules does the CAG Big 4 already cover this? If so ahhh nevermind! :lol:

I didn't explain what I was meaning! Like do it state, regional, national, international but its only the biggest. Just one common and mirror per person.

Those are all cool! But what I'd like to see (You ask) is a biggest common and biggest mirror contest. Something like say ??? April 15-May 15 ?? a 30 day deal maybe a 60 day deal. CAGs big fish contest. I realize we already have big fish in the state recognition I'm talking a seperate contest, could be free or a small fee. But you have to sign up to be eligible.

Or....since I've never read the rules does the CAG Big 4 already cover this? If so ahhh nevermind! :lol:

That may be good idea and something we could consider for the Big 4 contest. :)

The online contest I will continue to run will have to be separate.

2 ideas , #1 fat girls , #2 lean mean fighting machines (longest thinnest fish)

What about smallest common? Kind of a consolation prize if you catch a fish under 3 pounds or so?

I like this a lot. Everyone is always geared on the biggest fish but appreciating them all is what its all about.

Big 4 fish is lot of work! I like my idea plus smallest carp is good idea. Funny carp angler pictures like carp jumped out of hand and person's face like scare, or person fell down to lake and all pant mud, etc. FAT GIRLS IS GOOD IDEA! I am sure everyone like to see BIG Koi! I heard that Koi can grow as big as 4 feet!

Big 4 fish is lot of work! I like my idea plus smallest carp is good idea. Funny carp angler pictures like carp jumped out of hand and person's face like scare, or person fell down to lake and all pant mud, etc. FAT GIRLS IS GOOD IDEA! I am sure everyone like to see BIG Koi! I heard that Koi can grow as big as 4 feet!

Yeah, lately we could use something fun, funny around here! :lol:

no woories Dan!!

:lol: New carp fishing camo?

A lot of good suggestions so far, keep them coming!

How about the strangest or most unique swim ?

Nice. Cool suggestion!

Ideas like this that can easily include everyone!

Guest THE BIG WORM

When you do sizes it's tough to verify so I would suggest the the best "Small Fish Picture" since it's really subjective to personal taste....and not fact.....

Guest THE BIG WORM

Nice. Cool suggestion!

Ideas like this that can easily include everyone!

Scariest Swim.....

When you do sizes it's tough to verify so I would suggest the the best "Small Fish Picture" since it's really subjective to personal taste....and not fact.....

Maybe we could do shortest fish? With a mandatory pic of a tape measure next to it?

How about this for a twist.Pick a bait and flavor everyone can get easily and see who can catch the most on the one particular bait and flavor.

A picture may be required to assure that's the bait actually used to catch on.

How about this for a twist.Pick a bait and flavor everyone can get easily and see who can catch the most on the one particular bait and flavor.

A picture may be required to assure that's the bait actually used to catch on.

Thats way out , BUT , I like the concept .

Maybe we could do shortest fish? With a mandatory pic of a tape measure next to it?

The idea of a tape measure for online tournament pictures is great. I've yet to hear of a good reason not to use one!

It was awesome when the CAG store came out with the CAG Logo tape measures, http://www.carpangle...e&do=item&id=48, and at only $2.99! But they haven't caught on "yet".... ~8

If the contest is for the heaviest, smallest, longest, or the like fish then It would be a done deal; no voting necessary. Kinda of like a tournament and there are plenty of those.

So if we keep this to a contest, like Larry suggests it should be subjective as in what member's think and then vote to be the "best" entry. :yes:

How about the best fishing joke.

Or best fishing story- probably a lot of tall tales :lol:

Most ridiculous carp fishing apparel. I know a few candidates. B)

:lol: I'll bet you do!

Along the same lines, Larry had suggested funniest fishing hat.