#1 possum

possum

nobody special

• CAG Member
  • 4,724 posts
  • Interests:Big Carp
  • Who Referred you?:Reverend Hillbilly Preacher of The Cold Hard Truth

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Well today was the day I decided I'm going carp fishing! Figured everything looked good! Weather, temps, water temps I am going to haul!

Ok I blanked, no pictures but this story is worth telling since I was carp fishing!

First I'm sitting there minding my own buisness when I catch a scent on the wind, smelled like women! Sure enough theres 2 fine looking college aged girls smearing suntan grease on themselves. I'm thinking alright the scenery has just improved. The carp fishing was still slow.

After awhile the 2 sunbathing beautys left but in comes another woman with a fishin pole in hand! I'm thinkin I'm in now! :) Well then I see she has a man in tow and they got a boat. Damn the luck and still no carp!

An hour or so goes by and I see the fishing woman in another boat and her man following in his boat! I'm thinking maybe pirates? Well I soon see an old guys boat got away and these folks retrieved it for him, still no carp for me!

Then to brighten up my day some the old retired Army guy shows up, haven't seen him since last year and we shoot the breeze. He tells me "you must really like that carp fishin" I tell him perty much! Tells me its too early to catch carp. Hard to argue with him, still no carp for me!

He launches his boat and maybe 15 minutes go by and he's across the lake from me and here comes the fishin woman and her man paddling since they battery went dead to the dock. But I'm watching the Army guy and I'm thinking my eyes are playing tricks on me. It looks like his boat is sinking??? I keep a set of 10-42 Kahles binos in the truck and went and grabbed them just in time to see his boat sink out from under him!

I ran to the fishin woman and her man who just reached the dock and told them look his boat just sank. They are OMG and started paddling that way. I'm screaming PUT YOUR LIFE JACKET ON at the top of my lungs. The Army guys grabbing for the life jacket the Fishin woman and man is headin that way but they got 300-400yds to go!

I had seen a boat go up around the bend into a cove, I jumped in my truck and took off flyin up the road that foillows the cove. Saw a boat and stopped and yelled and got his attention then yelled what was going on to go and go now this guys in trouble and needs help now. He fired that boat up and started wide open that way. I drove back just in time to see the sinking boat capsize! Ahhhh chit but the fishin womans almost there.

They make the big save and the fast boat guy gets there. Now we are drawing a crowd. But the Army guys ok and safe and they start towing the capsized boat back toward the ramp. Finally with 4 of us guys with ropes we got the boat to the dock and they wanted to right the boat. I tried to tell them they plan would not work. About that time I see a guy drive in in a beat uo Nissan pick up. He steps out of the truck looking like he just stepped out of a bad western movie! Cowboy Boots, Fancy shirt, black leather vest, black leather cowboy hat and a set of hemostats hanging off the vest! Hummmm I knew we had good help right there. Figured when things get going crazy the crazy turn Pro!!

I told him what they was thinking and we both agreed that won't work so we just kinda took charge and before long we had ropes and chain hooked to the boat and the Nissan. Well that made short work of righting the boat! And we got the Army guys boat loaded on the trailer and all his floating gear gathered up.
The cowboy figured they couldn't had done without us. Well........maybe but they was going about it all wrong till we intervened! Still no carp!

BUT......now the 2 young beautys are back with 2 more girls! Hummmmm scenery has once again improved but something tells me I won't even get a sniff of any of this! I decide I'll head to another location and chum it up for tomorrow. Figured beer was a good idea, you know a victory beer sorta thing. The Army guy survived, we got his boat and everything. So there I am driving down the road drinking beer when I look up and who do I see??? DEPUTY SHERIFF, hummm well I ain't drunk but I think its illegal to drink beer and drive even if you ain't drunk??? So I figured play my hand now and hit the turn signal and turned into a driveway I knew whos it was. He went on!

Chummed up a hole for tomorrow and still no carp and headed home! Kinda interesting day even without a carp! :lol:

So even blanking can be interesting!
Montani Semper Liberi

#2 kentlakecarper

kentlakecarper

CAG President

• Director
  • 7,688 posts
  • Who Referred you?:Internet search

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Man , was that a story or what...LMAO!!! some good stuff right there...classic Possum!!!

Keep the stories coming, I want to hear more!!! :lol:

" Hummmm I knew we had good help right there. Figured when things get going crazy the crazy turn Pro!!"

PB Common = 37lb 6oz
PB Mirror = 20lb 2oz
PB Grass Carp = 49lb 4 oz

Posted Image

#3 mushhead

mushhead

Uber Poster

• Forum Guest
  • 220 posts
  • Who Referred you?:Possum

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Another great adventure at the Trash Can Hole

#4 Robbie

Robbie

Uber Poster

• CAG Member
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Possum, that was the coolest bed time story ever!

#5 hammercarp

hammercarp

I can name my own title

• State Chair
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Hunting, Working.
  • Who Referred you?:NA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Great story, I enjoyed the read.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible"
What has been said about me. "Fact is, your only goal on these boards, is to spread CAG, and to make people feel good about carp fishing and releasing them back into the water..................................."

#6 Mario Kok

Mario Kok

Chasing dreams...

• Director
  • 7,263 posts
  • Who Referred you?:NA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Classic Possum indeed. Been missing this stuff... :icon_smoking:

ConKOKtion

#7 Willem (JD)

Willem (JD)

"Veni, Vidi, Victus Sum"

• Admin
  • 3,995 posts
  • Who Referred you?:Google :)

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Only in WV will you get stories like that!!

willem@carpanglersgroup.com

bug.gifbug.gifbug.gifbug.gif

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a PAYING CAG member just like any other paying member in this club. Please don't pull that "BOD so you think this or that" on me.

I'm a CAG member FIRST (Webmaster 2nd and BOD member last) and that give me just as much right as YOU to speak my mind about ANYTHING club related.

So if you don't LIKE what I've got to say, don't use the age old lame "You think you can say what you want because you're on the BOD".

I say what I want because I'm "ME", I say what I want because it's my right as an AMERICAN CITIZEN to speak my mind FREELY.

If I don't agree with you, get over it and move on. My main function is to maintain everything CAG WEB Related, NOT to kiss your butt and agree with you, nor to say stuff just so I don't hurt your feelings.

So please keep in mind that if you choose to ask for an opinion or say something I don't agree with, I will speak my mind as a PAYING CAG MEMBER.

#8 classiccat

classiccat

I can name my own title

• CAG Member
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Cheers Possum! (holdin' my victory beer up as well!) awesome story! Benny-Hill would be proud!

#9 possum

possum

nobody special

• CAG Member
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

Another great adventure at the Trash Can Hole

I was right at them trash cans! Guy told me they was carp in there as big as a canoe! Not sure what sized canoe? :lol:
Montani Semper Liberi

#10 possum

possum

nobody special

• CAG Member
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

Only in WV will you get stories like that!!

That kinda is the truth.:lol:
Montani Semper Liberi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users