Carp Anglers Group Forums

Dixon Illinois Family Carp Derby >>>Northern Illinois<

Guest THE BIG WORM

Guest THE BIG WORM

Bigger and better than ever the event will take place either the 18th and 19th or the 25th and 26th of August 2012. There is a large music fest to take place on the river the 18th and 19th and there is a chance the event may be moved earlier to happen along with the derby, It would be nice to have the food vendors and music.....but most likely it will remain the weekend before Labor Day weekend (August 25 and 26).

More raffles more prizes and hopefully the Pairs/Team Steward event will be included so those acting as section stewards will be able to fish/compete for a Sponsorship entry to a Major event as team Dixon. This will be limited to 10-12 pairs and will be no-cost....you will just need to help weigh the fish of the derby anglers, and camping will be available for those who steward.

More to come !!!!!

Larry

• 4 months later...
Guest THE BIG WORM

So many places to post....I forgot to update this area.......

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PHONE: (239) 246-2742

or

PHONE: (815) 284-3496

DIXON CARP DERBY

RETURNS WITH A SPLASH

The weekend of August 25th and 26th, 2012. will see the return of carp fishing to the Rock River with the "DIXON FAMILY CARP DERBY"

Back for the third year in a row.....Carp Fishing Now with the help of the City of Dixon, Dixon Tourism, and the Dixon Parks Department will be holding a Catch and Release family style carp derby open to the public. People of all ages are welcome, children must be accompanied by an adult. Cost is $12 for Adults and $5 for children 13 and under. There will be cash and/or prizes for the 20 largest carp caught as well as for the top five for the girls and top five boys catagory. Currently there is a total of over $2,000.00 in cash and prizes to be awarded. So make sure you come out to win big!!! Raffles and kids prizes too!!!!

The hope is to give people a chance to win big, enjoy the Dixon Downtown and Parks and get people to experience the majesty of the Rock River.

Check in is at the PAGE PARK PAVILLION on Page Drive in Page Park just East of the HighSchool in Dixon Illinois and will be open at 6am on Saturday August 25th and 6am on Sunday August 26th., 2012. All who attend will need to sign in before starting to fish. The actual fishing schedule is 8am to 4pm Saturday August 25th, and 8am to 2pm August 26th, followed by the awarding of prizes at 2:30pm at the Page Park Pavillion. You do not need to fish the entire time to quality for the big fish prizes.

There will be demonstrations of new carp fishing methods as well as how to "Helpers" to give you moral support and fishing advice if you need it. And for those who want to see a "REEL" spectacle, there will be Professional Carp Anglers fishing againts each other in a team catagory inter-mixed throughout the Derby area. One angler fishing one day,and the other the next. This will allow the non-fishing member to walk around and help offer insight to the novice anglers fishing the Family catagory's. Here spectators will be able to walk up to the Two Man Teams of Shore anglers and see why Carp Fishing in Europe is as big as Bass fishing in the USA, truly something you haven't seen before and won't forget.

For more information stop by Dixon Tourism, or contact Larry at carpfishingnow@yahoo.com .

You can get the rules, maps sign-up sheets for the Derby at Bunny's Bait shop in Dixon, Il. Gander Mountain in Rockford, Ill., Anglers International Resources in Palatine, Ill., The BIG WORMS Bait Shanty in Port Barrington, Ill. or at any time the during the event at Page Park in Dixon. Hope to see you all there!! .

DIXON CARP DERBY PRIZES

(one winner per person)

Adult Catagory

$500 1st. place plus Champions Trophy

$300 2nd place

$150 3rd place

$100 4th place

$100 5th place

$75 6th place

$75 7th place

$50 8th, place

$50 9th place

$50 10th place

$25 11th, 12th,13th,14th,15th,16th,17th 18th,19th, and 20th place

Boys (13 and under)

$50 1st place plus trophy

$40 2nd place

$30 3rd place

$20 4th place

$10 5th place

Girls (13 and under)

$50 1st place plus trophy

$40 2nd place

$30 3rd place

$20 4th place

$10 5th place

Also all entrants will enrolled in a raffle for a multitude of Carp and Fishing related prizes, you will need to be present to win at the award ceramony.

****** Also got word that Mayor James Burke will be stopping by for the awards!!!!

Guest THE BIG WORM

An update for Members looking to help with the weighing and stewarding......

Have commitments from Josef Settele, Zach (zatesta), Paul Pazella, John Chione, Edward Grasser, and maybe's from Robert and Fred to Steward. I could use a few more for both days or just one (Saturday especially)

A number of other CAG members have offered to fish against each other instead of the deby, and weigh fish for the locals to help out and still fish kind of as a side pot each day......I will be throwing in some prizes including a couple ofmembership renewals and a CCC paid entry (on me) and I'll see what else I can shake out. Those helping with the event are welcome to camp on site.....and if someones willing to cook I'll spring for the stuff.....

Guest THE BIG WORM

Rock River Update---------

Last weeks rain, over the weekend and even now as I type is a welcome change from the hot and dry weather we have had. With the hot water temos alot of anglers had shifted to fishing the Mississippi and Kishwaukee but with a 10-15f drop in water temp, the fish are bitting again and the water is starting to move.....perfect timing!