• Announcements

jaminsk1

Bulk Oil Suppliers - Toronto / Ontario

0 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

Does anyone know where I can source Cod Liver Oil / Salmon Oil and ideally mollases in Big Bottles (5 litres) in the ontario region? In the UK I would have bought them from Animal feed suppliers but I have done a search on google and can't really find too much on them?

Thanks

Jamie

Not sure on the oils but real Canadian wholesale club sells the big jugs of molasses. There's one in Hamilton at Barton and redhill

I have asked a few that I thought might know and came up with nothing. Sorry.

Bulk Barn does four or five varieties of Molasses, but nothing in 5L containers that I have seen.

Apparently bulk molasses is an organic farmng additive....(Who knew?)

Assuming you dont have room for a tanker full, these guys seem to have 10L containers.

Chatham-Kent Organic Epicentre

http://ckorganic.ca/

Dresden ON Canada N0P 1M0

phone 519-683-1666

fax 519-683-4144

10L molasses

C K Processing company distributes dried molasses in Canada and US for manufacture of livestock feed. 50 lbs of dried molasses can be purchased for around 10 dollars at feed stores.

thanks for the replies guys.

that greenhawk place looks like it's the one. there looks like some very interesting liquid additives in there along with the fish oil so I will be giving the local store a visit (although from looking I am not sure they do feed as well - I'm hoping they will order some in). Am on the case for some Belachan as well :)

I have two leads on Belacan in T.O. including the Malaysian Sambal Belacan which has the chillis in it. I'm back in town this weekend, so I'll check it out and report back.

Well I didn't find the belachan blocks but I have found some thai shrimp paste which is pretty much the same stuff. Have bought a couple of different tubs which I will bring along at the weekend and you can have one Shawn.

This stuff really hums. Them fish will love it!

Well I didn't find the belachan blocks but I have found some thai shrimp paste which is pretty much the same stuff. Have bought a couple of different tubs which I will bring along at the weekend and you can have one Shawn.

This stuff really hums. Them fish will love it!

thanks pal, let me know what you got into it and ill set you up - also if you want some freezer baits let me know, ill bring some

shawn

I found Belacan blocks at Btrust supermarkets, $1.99 for a 250g block.

post-6844-0-10564200-1335039722.jpg

Mike how can I grab a few of these? feel like shipping me a few - of sending them with Jamie? Just wondering? I would love to get my hands on this stuff!

Mike how can I grab a few of these? feel like shipping me a few - of sending them with Jamie? Just wondering? I would love to get my hands on this stuff!

better be careful or you wont be able to get (the smell) off your hands.lol

tony pigz, bring some of those jars of corn if you have some, ill take a few off ya

shawn

Won't be able to get there tonight but that north york store isn't too far from me so will grab some next time I am up that way.

Shipping them would probably cost way more than buying them at the store. I could drop some off next time I come past Hamilton, or of someone is in Toronto they can pick a couple of blocks up from me. I'm right downtown next to the Rogers Skydome.

better be careful or you wont be able to get (the smell) off your hands.lol

I bought some gloves too!.... :)

I bought some gloves too!.... :)

that made me smile. when i was walking through the supermarket looking for them I could smell them before I could see them. My little girl was in the shopping trolley and she immediately said to me "what that smell dad? don't like that. nasty smell" ~8

Edited by jaminsk1

Made 400 "steamies". All was going great.... made the mix outside on the balcony, let it rest for an hour. Set up the old steamer.... then when the first batch was ready I took the lid of the steamer and ....OMG!! PHEEEEUUUUUU!! :barf: Hahahahaha