Carp Anglers Group Forums
hammercarp

Redhill Still Producing

I spent the afternoon fishing with a guy that loves to fish for big fish. We had a great time talking carp and more. We had to be patient but eventually we both caught and I got this nice one in the high twenties.

post-2981-0-77755300-1334796776_thumb.jppost-2981-0-31226600-1334796786_thumb.jp

Nice one, Lorne. See, I told you to fish Euro today!

Oh I thought you said to fish with someone fishing Euro. I certainly did that, with the usual results. ;):D

Lorne, how did you manage to get boilies on the hook? Nice fish.

Nice fish Lorne.I was fishing there the last two mornings and got eight fish in the two days.Someone has been fishing the discharge at night,because every day I leave I pick up my garbage and more.

I got there this morning and found three tim hortons cups,an empty can of corn and about ten yards of 8lb mono spread out all along the small cement ledge.I know it is snag city there now but how hard is it to put that fishing line in your pocket.I'm sure we've all seen dead or dying animals because of some lazy ass who didn't want to take out the stuff they brought in.Those lazy son's with no fathers piss me off.I might drop by there some night with my little friend.

It's a good spot to fish for big fish and lots of numbers but if people keep littering not only here but we've seen it at our other swims too people will blame the fishermen and close the spot to fishing.We are fighting for spots to fish now all around Southern Ontario,lets not give anybody any ammo.

I'v met some new guys to carp fishing and they told me of an old guy that gave them hell for leaving garbage behide and they didn't want to make him mad.Way to go Lorne,good job.

Anyway I feel better now and now I'll post a fish I caught the other day at Red Hill.

post-6525-0-90491800-1334811377_thumb.jp

Nice fish Lorne.I was fishing there the last two mornings and got eight fish in the two days.Someone has been fishing the discharge at night,because every day I leave I pick up my garbage and more.

I got there this morning and found three tim hortons cups,an empty can of corn and about ten yards of 8lb mono spread out all along the small cement ledge.I know it is snag city there now but how hard is it to put that fishing line in your pocket.I'm sure we've all seen dead or dying animals because of some lazy ass who didn't want to take out the stuff they brought in.Those lazy son's with no fathers piss me off.I might drop by there some night with my little friend.

It's a good spot to fish for big fish and lots of numbers but if people keep littering not only here but we've seen it at our other swims too people will blame the fishermen and close the spot to fishing.We are fighting for spots to fish now all around Southern Ontario,lets not give anybody any ammo.

I'v met some new guys to carp fishing and they told me of an old guy that gave them hell for leaving garbage behide and they didn't want to make him mad.Way to go Lorne,good job.

Anyway I feel better now and now I'll post a fish I caught the other day at Red Hill.

Nice post, and fish.

Jeff

I put it down in another post that the place has less litter now than when we started fishing it this year. This is due to the diligence of anglers like you and the guys that fish with you. I noticed a float bobbing around in the outflow. Looks like the guys fishing at night hung up and broke their line off float and all.

Nice fish.

nice looking fish we have a spot here in AZ that had been closed for a few years finally opened it up went down and checked it out looked promising had plans to fish it the next Tuesday only to find out it was closed again after a couple weekends of being open I am assuming the same thing happened. People went down tearing up the area with offroad vehicles and shooting the cactus and signs up and leaving trash behind . So once again it is closed

Ah...thats mine.I think so many people have got snags there that they have lifted up more things and now it's hard not to get a snag.

I noticed some rags that somebody has brought up and they had some old lines on them and some wierd growth on them.

I agree with you, all the fishermen we know clean up after themselves and leave the spot they fish cleaner then when they got there.

It gives you a little pride knowing you helped improved an area you fish.Plus it makes it nicer for a photo with your fish if you have a clean background.

Just imagine what it would look like if nobody did pick up the garbage.

I heard for another carp angler that one of the reasons they band fishing at a lake in Woodstock was because they found some dead ducks on the shore that were tangled in fishing line that was left behind on the shore.

This carper was in contact with the MNR to tell them about a lady in Dundas that has released fish from a store into the Butterfly swim and he asked about what happened in Woodstock.

I noticed that some time soon the people on the beach strip are having a beach clean up day and are asking for volunteers to help clean up the beach.It's people like that that do keep our parks clean and nobody thinks what it takes to have a clean park.Most people think it's the city workers that clean the park when infact it's everyday people like you and I.

I remember one of the first times I fished the whirlpool I saw a young lady walking along the shore picking up garbage left behind by fishermen.She filled up four big garbage bags.I asked her if she was with the city and she said no,that there are others that come down to clean up the messes left behind and if they don't do it nobody will.They don't get paid and it's a long walk up and down the they do an awesome job and get no recognition,they do it for the love of the enviroment.Thank god somebody cares.

looks like I have more to learn as the last few time down for me have been zero's. Fished a few different spots there the last time down, no one else around and blanked for 4 hours.

Nice catch Lorne! keepem coming.

Today the young Brit newbie got one and I manged to get a pick. I almost fell over when I met him a few days ago and he told me he had never fished carp before. I am going to teach him to fish paylake style.

post-2981-0-18698500-1334886234.jpg

Today the young Brit newbie got one and I manged to get a pick. I almost fell over when I met him a few days ago and he told me he had never fished carp before. I am going to teach him to fish paylake style.

post-2981-0-18698500-1334886234.jpg

I was setting my pod up with my brother and friend in the background there in the photo hahahahaha, seeing him land that fish got me excited and anxious as I was setting up my rod hahaha. In the end we landed a few fish. We also hooked into a huge snapping turtle by accident..... which was a shock and surprise. No photos because we were scrambling to get it unhooked without getting bit, eventually it was released unharmed. Here are some photos from today,

ZBVTy.jpg69qSl.jpgeKD6Y.jpgKhVqf.jpg

Nice fish guy's!

Lorne: The English guy's name is Shane. He's a really nice guy. Boy, he loves his fishing and he only started a month ago.

Shane got a 29lber today! Some how his little rod/reel/trout hook pulled the Brute from the snags and tired him out(after 10min) I brought my net over(his was to small) and weighed it for him, also took a pic... Never seen someone so happy to catch a fish, he couldn't even speak, anywho was good to see him finally get a lump! :)

unbelievable. great for him! thats awesome. he's got my PB beat (for not much longer :lol:)

Guest BCLT

good stuff! its always good to see a new guy get a decent fish right away - he'll be hooked for life!

Good on ya Ben for helping him out too!

I got a couple this afternoon, Carp-Al-Tunnel was there with his girl and they caught as well. Here's a picture of the smaller of the two that I caught.

post-2981-0-43984100-1335469693.jpg

Here is a picture that Shane emailed to me of his new PB of 29 lbs that he captured a several days ago. At the time Shane had been fishing for less that a month.

post-2981-0-32490600-1336269443.jpg