Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Willem (JD)

Carp World Records & Euro Paylake Carp

Created this section so that I can move some posts from another tread.

The topic of disagreement is all about those European fatties that claim world records.

All this sparked by the latest world record from Hungary.... 101lbs

[media=]

Yeah but is that a Proper Carp ? and is that Real Angling ? Caught in a Man Made Lake (Gurt big hole dug out the Ground ) stocked with Gurt big Fish then Over fed by Humans is that Real Angling ?

Hmmmm ?

Agree with you Hawk, but thats Carp fishing in Europe! We are fortunate to enjoy wild carp that fight like hell! I recall cathing a 41.8lb carp in a lake in Hungary that fought like a 15lb Carp caught in Canada! Our fish here are powerful slabs of gold that put the anglers gear and knowledge to the test!

Yeah but is that a Proper Carp ? and is that Real Angling ? Caught in a Man Made Lake (Gurt big hole dug out the Ground ) stocked with Gurt big Fish then Over fed by Humans is that Real Angling ?

Hmmmm ?

I was very curious to know which lake the fish was caught from and after a few inter searches I got some Answers. Lake Balaton where the fish was caught is the largest lake in Europe and it is a natural lake adding value to the carp caught. Here is the actual article from the magazine that published the report:

Angler smashes global record with first carp over 100lbs - and it's not French!

At 101lb 4oz, this is the new world record carp.

Caught on June 2, the huge triple figure monster was banked from Hungarian fishery, Euro-Aqua, on the shores of Lake Balaton on the west of the country.

The lucky angler who added his name to the history books is Austrian carp angler Roman Hanke, after his fish fell for a birdseed boilie in the early hours of the morning.

Weighed and witnessed by a number of individuals, the huge mirror measured 113cm in length, with bosses of the venue predicting that this fish could well go over 50kg, 110lb, in the future.

Although some had predicted that Hungary could well see a fish break the current world carp record, the move away from a French fish at the top of the big fish tree has come as a shock to many. The previous four world carp records have come from the country, including the huge Scar fish from Les Graviers at 99lb and a 94lb specimen from the famous Rainbow Lake.

http://www.advancedcarpfishing.com/news/item/718-world-record-carp

Actually Arvand i'm pretty sure it originated in Balaton but was stocked into the Aqua Lake which is a commercial fishery. It's an immense, immense fish though. Looks more like a hippo than a carp. Well done to the captor.

This gross looking fish was netted from lake Balaton, and stocked in a pond...force feeding resulted in this monstrous 'carp'.

A shame to call it a sportsfish, shame on the guy who claims a 'world record'.

This type of carp was 'engineered' to grow the ideal consumption carp,...without head and tail fits right on a plate.

It was never intended to grow over 10lb.

Budugly! :angry2:

I have to disagree the weight of the fish is what determines a world record the previous world record was from the similar conditions so why would he not claim the record. Its an accomplishment.

it is a natural lake adding value to the carp caught

Bull####

was banked from Hungarian fishery, Euro-Aqua

Take a look here and see why Hungarian carp grow big, they are the leading carp growers for consumption carp.

http://www.fao.org/DOCREP/005/Y2406E/y2406e03.htm#TopOfPage

An accomplishment?? Really? Lets agree to disagree.

Regardless of the strain of fish and its origins, i'm sure anyone who catches a fish that big would brag about it. All the current world records caught are from similar lakes in Europe, what makes them any better! Maybe we should come up with a new world record system. Fish from lakes fed twinkies and cup cakes & Wild caught Carp! We all know the challenge and the patience to land a fish that big in Canada is a dream come ture but the article posted is not to say who's better or who knows more! Its all about sharing info from the Carp world scene.

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Angling-Times/Section/News--Catches/General-News/March-2010/Carp-haul-at-Dover-docks/

All the current world records caught are from similar lakes in Europe, what makes them any better!

You are missing the point completely,.. all these so called 'world records' are misfits, there isn't ONE normal carp there.

Its a shame that 'world records' are quoted, it only brings more trouble to carp fishing and these misfits are NO sportsfish. The are just a means to sell more trips to 'Pay Lakes' ...that is where you find these fish!!!

As with this example,..you can get a chance at this 'record' for €700 per week.

A big fish like that in Canada,..please no,...If I catch this freak in Canada, I donate it to an Eastern European BBQ party in a heartbeat. :icon_smoking:

Fat farm fish shouldnt be breaking any "records",wild caught or your record carp dont mean #### imo. Who can feed there 1 acre pond of carp the best gogoogogo. Zzz nice fish though regardless

A big fish like that in Canada,..please no,...If I catch this freak in Canada, I donate it to an Eastern European BBQ party in a heartbeat. :icon_smoking:

Although we feel the same about fishing these awful commercial paylakes in Europe I claim bull.... on your statement above. If you were to catch a fat mirror in the wild, you would kill it? Please tell me why you are even on the CAG forum... :blink:

Although we feel the same about fishing these awful commercial paylakes in Europe I claim bull.... on your statement above. If you were to catch a fat mirror in the wild, you would kill it? Please tell me why you are even on the CAG forum... :blink:

Well said Mario I agree

Hmmmm ?

why all the hateing? its carp fishing, who cares where he caught it or if its a man made lake, the look on his face says it all, its all about having fun right?

Mario

I suspect your compatriot was being ironic.......... ;)

Iain

Well Ian, I think Mario likes his obese, handicapped fish!

Mario ####, I claim your bull.... on your statement about fishing these awful commercial paylakes in Europe, look at the fish you promote yourself!

He's quick to agree about Pay Lakes, but he doesn't mind catching these misfits himself,..they do better in the media too you know.

The promotors of the 'world class' venue stocked this pond with 800 carp between 20- 30kg, 141 between 30 and 39kg, plus 3 carp 40+kg mirror! For 11 Ha.

Can anybody, with dry eyes, declare this to be normal?

http://www.euro-aqua-fishing.at/index-old.htm

Unfortunately some forces like to 'grow' world records, they are such a nice marketing tool you know. A whole industry is built around this crap (carp).

And they are killing what used to be a great sport!

BTW any 15-20lb Canadian carp performs better than those obese misfits!

Its very strange, when you meet an obese person, let's say a 400 pounder, I have never ever heard anybody describe such a person as 'miss world' or 'attractive' or 'desirable' and nobody doubts its very bad for your health. Would we cheer for fat farms, to grow fat?

To make matters even worse, most of the anglers showing such a freak, use ultra wide angle lenses!

Promoting 'world record' carp, will only highlight the excesses and give a false picture to our younger generation.

Well Ian, I think Mario likes his obese, handicapped fish!

Mario ####, I claim your bull.... on your statement about fishing these awful commercial paylakes in Europe, look at the fish you promote yourself!

He's quick to agree about Pay Lakes, but he doesn't mind catching these misfits himself,..they do better in the media too you know.

Dear Bob, I see you still struggle with your obvious frustration of not being able to promote your fishing guide services with large mirror carp. You should accept that there is nothing wrong with lean common carp. I wish I had some fish around here like the ones you catch. But then again, I am not exactly complaining about my mirrors or fat commons either. :icon_smoking:

Calling my mirror carp, caught in virgin venues, misfits is your personal right of course. But if you still think there even exists something like a commercial paylake in Mexico where carp are fed to grow over 40 and 50lb, you are just a complete fruitcake. Ask Iain perhaps, he has fished with me on Lioness. Oh, and you know what, I don't charge for taking friends fishing. :)

Dear Bob, I see you still struggle with your obvious frustration of not being able to promote your fishing guide services with large mirror carp.

Haha, almost funny Mario, but anybody who knows me will tell you different, I hate those fat f%&$# and never said anything about normal looking mirror carp!!

You choose to ridicule my warnings to sportsfishermen to ignore these consumption carp and obviously like to even promote them. You're a bit of a media ho, if you ask me. But you don't charge!

And I will ignore your attempts to piss me off, you already did that years ago.

Cheers, and specially for you a choice of records.

fatwomen.jpg....

Guest THE BIG WORM

There is a reality that some of the post seem to ignore. ALL CARP in North America are descendents of live-stock bred carp. Granted we are at 50-60 generations out, and almost all carp have re-adapted to a semi-wild state of Ferrel carp body style most call Common or German Carp. And even with that reverting to a ferrel state, the carp do still have the genetics and habits of live-stock....which can be triggered by heavy baiting....a habit most other native/wild fish do not have to the extent that carp do.

As far as that record ever being broke here......highly unlikely, but not impossible.... the ecosystem and forrage required to get a fish that big (short of a thyroid dis-order) only exist in or around unusual/man-maid structures like Dams or loading facilities......the Likelyhood of landing a 100 pd wild (size/weight proportionate) carp baffles my mind, but I would accept the chance anytime

The chance of farm raised fish or overfed wild fish getting that big is most likely nill, when that much bait goes in, and manufactureres start putting weight and size enhancers in the baits in the US.....you can expect EVERY dnr, the fda and all interior department to come down really hard on baiting techniques and the Manufacturers who are not reaaly regulated here....but are regulated if they import products manufactured outside the US.

It's a big fish, and a heck or a title, but the US dosen't give records for hunting cows and chickens......

Haha, almost funny Mario, but anybody who knows me will tell you different, I hate those fat f%&$# and never said anything about normal looking mirror carp!!

You choose to ridicule my warnings to sportsfishermen to ignore these consumption carp and obviously like to even promote them. You're a bit of a media ho, if you ask me. But you don't charge!

And I will ignore your attempts to piss me off, you already did that years ago.

Cheers, and specially for you a choice of records.

fatwomen.jpg....

Are these beauties european or a homegrown species?

:postpicsicon:

Cant believe 2 things :

1. How could such a topic have so much mixed reaction!

2. How far we have deviated from the post ( World record carp )

Still enjoying all of it though!

Wow this guy caught an amazing fish that beats the world record by the standards that have been set for world record fish and then some are going to put him down thats amazing sounds to me like someone in Jealous. and then some are going to attack other anglers and Members of CAG because of the fish that swim his local waters. Is this what CAG is about ??? This is the kinda stuff that will bring membership down. its disgraceful. We are supposed to be promoting carp fishing and we are putting it down :angry2: because the fish is not what some consider a real trophy carp. makes me wonder if this is a group I want to be associated with.

This is all a bit confusing........not an atypical situation for me. :blink:

I was under the impression that Cyprinus carpio was introduced to Europe from Asia in Roman times and then, albeit a couple of thousand years later, into the USA, Canada and Mexico? If that is so then I rather doubt that anyone went to all that trouble because they were impressed by the sporting opportunities provided by these fine fish. Almost certainly,it was for culinary reasons. All those monks eating fish on Friday's and what not? Hence, I would argue that every single carp we fish for..........from the most muscle-bound St Lawrence brawler to the blobbiest boilie-muncher...........is the product of selective breeding for food. Personally, I remain delighted that this is/was the case.

I can certainly understand how Bob and others might be less-than-impressed with some of the more extreme manifestations of current carp fishing practice, but let's face it.......without the selective breeding we'd have no mirror carp.........and a six-pound "wildie" would be the pinnacle of a lifetime spent carp fishing! :lol:

Regards,

Iain

p.s. Panspermia. What exactly is your new avatar? It's so low-res I can't see what I'm supposed to be amused by.

Edited by redcoat