Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Willem (JD)

Carp World Records & Euro Paylake Carp

Guest BCLT   
Guest BCLT

This thread is a joke...........you guys need to keep the sh*t talking out of the Canadian section...........we dont do things like that here.......most of us try to colectively share and learn ideas......not talk crap and bash.......who cares where the fish came from, or how it was caught, or if it was a stocked fish! ITS OVER A HUNDRED POUNDS! Anyone trying to say oh this is crap blablabla..............jelous much? Hateful much?

If I caught this fish I would dump a load in my pants............Its sad that you guys come into the Canada section, dump all over it, call eachother media hos and bash european angling, and questioning if its even angling to catch this fish........while posting your catches of 12 pounds, and 16 pounds, 20 pounds, expecting nothing but pure positive comments to poor in on you!

Arvand.......I feel your pain yet again!

Haha, almost funny Mario, but anybody who knows me will tell you different, I hate those fat f%&$# and never said anything about normal looking mirror carp!!

You choose to ridicule my warnings to sportsfishermen to ignore these consumption carp and obviously like to even promote them. You're a bit of a media ho, if you ask me. But you don't charge!

And I will ignore your attempts to piss me off, you already did that years ago.

Cheers, and specially for you a choice of records.

fatwomen.jpg....

No offense buddy but your ability to call to someone a media ho is a bit lacking to say the least...........if you want to call someone out on something do it in a private forum, or pm - regardless of the past.........have a little class and as for your pictures, what a joke

What a beautiful fish and what a bunch of whiners.

EXACTLY - take a great thing and just RUIN IT

Yeah but is that a Proper Carp ? and is that Real Angling ? Caught in a Man Made Lake (Gurt big hole dug out the Ground ) stocked with Gurt big Fish then Over fed by Humans is that Real Angling ?

Hmmmm ?

Gurt this, gurt that........proper carp, apparently you forget the English and European way which is everything other than Proper carp.....is it really angling........it was still hooked, it was still landed..........as for GURT big holes.......we can throw English slang all over the place here........so many of the highest respected ponds, lakes and quaries in Europe are holes.........stocked with fish........dont forget your roots friend...........as for overfed............All english fish and European fish are overfed.............

Fat fish. But I agree with Hawk. It's like fishing for really smart pond trout.

Tristan no offense here buddy cause your a great angler to say the least............but if you got this fish you SH*T your pants and load it facebook in two seconds! As for trout, I never met a trout that wasnt stupid.

You are missing the point completely,.. all these so called 'world records' are misfits, there isn't ONE normal carp there.

Its a shame that 'world records' are quoted, it only brings more trouble to carp fishing and these misfits are NO sportsfish. The are just a means to sell more trips to 'Pay Lakes' ...that is where you find these fish!!!

As with this example,..you can get a chance at this 'record' for €700 per week.

A big fish like that in Canada,..please no,...If I catch this freak in Canada, I donate it to an Eastern European BBQ party in a heartbeat. :icon_smoking:

Just as you have the ability to call it like you see it............I DO TO...............so I call BS! if you caught this fish you would claim KING CARP just like your handle............I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS..............IF THEY GOT THIS FISH THEY WOULD SH*T and BRAG TO EVERYONE! INCLUDING ME! (sorry about the caps but this thread has taken a dump on carp angling in general)

Fat farm fish shouldnt be breaking any "records",wild caught or your record carp dont mean #### imo. Who can feed there 1 acre pond of carp the best gogoogogo. Zzz nice fish though regardless

A record is a record bro and if you got the record, youd be all over it! We all try to feed our fish the best so that way we can land them or "trick them" If you have spent any time on any of the european forums, english websites, english newspapers and channels you would know that this is a regular thing........a record is a record, regardless..........no where does it say a record should be of WILD waters, or wild fish........if that was the case everyone would be trying to get a 50........and even the 50 of Canada was from a water POUNDED WITH BAIT!

To everyone raping this thread........long story short, sure this isnt a WILD carp.............but who cares..........its over a hundred pounds! So what if some of us dont or do agree with it...........does that make any of us better people? Do the Canadians want the typical CAG crap in our section of majority paying members? NO! Does this thread give ANYONE the right to call people media HO's etc? NO

Hate on haters............let the crap flow below!

This thread is a joke...........you guys need to keep the sh*t talking out of the Canadian section...........we dont do things like that here.......most of us try to colectively share and learn ideas......not talk crap and bash.......who cares where the fish came from, or how it was caught, or if it was a stocked fish! ITS OVER A HUNDRED POUNDS! Anyone trying to say oh this is crap blablabla..............jelous much? Hateful much?

If I caught this fish I would dump a load in my pants............Its sad that you guys come into the Canada section, dump all over it, call eachother media hos and bash european angling, and questioning if its even angling to catch this fish........while posting your catches of 12 pounds, and 16 pounds, 20 pounds, expecting nothing but pure positive comments to poor in on you!

Arvand.......I feel your pain yet again!

No offense buddy but your ability to call to someone a media ho is a bit lacking to say the least...........if you want to call someone out on something do it in a private forum, or pm - regardless of the past.........have a little class and as for your pictures, what a joke

EXACTLY - take a great thing and just RUIN IT - the american way!

Gurt this, gurt that........proper carp, apparently you forget the English and European way which is everything other than Proper carp.....is it really angling........it was still hooked, it was still landed..........as for GURT big holes.......we can throw English slang all over the place here........so many of the highest respected ponds, lakes and quaries in Europe are holes.........stocked with fish........dont forget your roots friend...........as for overfed............All english fish and European fish are overfed.............

Tristan no offense here buddy cause your a great angler to say the least............but if you got this fish you SH*T your pants and load it facebook in two seconds! As for trout, I never met a trout that wasnt stupid.

Just as you have the ability to call it like you see it............I DO TO...............so I call BS! if you caught this fish you would claim KING CARP just like your handle............I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS..............IF THEY GOT THIS FISH THEY WOULD SH*T and BRAG TO EVERYONE! INCLUDING ME! (sorry about the caps but this thread has taken a dump on carp angling in general)

A record is a record bro and if you got the record, youd be all over it! We all try to feed our fish the best so that way we can land them or "trick them" If you have spent any time on any of the european forums, english websites, english newspapers and channels you would know that this is a regular thing........a record is a record, regardless..........no where does it say a record should be of WILD waters, or wild fish........if that was the case everyone would be trying to get a 50........and even the 50 of Canada was from a water POUNDED WITH BAIT!

To everyone raping this thread........long story short, sure this isnt a WILD carp.............but who cares..........its over a hundred pounds! So what if some of us dont or do agree with it...........does that make any of us better people? Do the Canadians want the typical CAG crap in our section of majority paying members? NO! Does this thread give ANYONE the right to call people media HO's etc? NO

Hate on haters............let the crap flow below!

That was the most kick-ass comment I've ever read. Good on you Shawn!

hawkwise   

700 euros a day to catch a deformed fish if that his thing good luck to him ( not for Me ) , but still think its tacking things to far , And back home in the Old Country there a lot Anglers who feel the same way

i think its a ugly looking beast. there was no hating from me just my small opinion of what i think Angling is and maybe should be about and i for one don't think that GURT fish is it . For me it's about being out near the water being close to nature taking some time out from our busy life's and just spending some nice time Catching a few fish. If your Ego is so shallow that you need to Spend 700 Euros a day to Catch a Massive Big deformed fish well good luck to you i can think much better way to spend my day , that would be sitting at the water side in a beautiful place with my Step Son and Daughter hoping to Catch any fish that happens to come along , that's Angling for me .

In way its almost like cheating breed a GURT big fish dig a big hole fill it with Water feed it Up to a massive size then go Fish for it. and of course what its all really about like most things in this Rubbish Capitalist world we now live in is

MONEY !!! as always if you got the MONEY there always something bigger and Better than every thing else, to feed your Ego. im just as happy when i Catch a nice 5 Pound fish as i am when i beat a P..b every time i get bite on my line i get the same feeling same adrenalin rush and i love it

.Do i need to go and spend a lot of Money to feed my ego to catch a deformed fish ? nope not for me much as i love my fishing i could think far better things to do with 700 euros .

This is how i feel about this am i right ? who cares ? its just my opinion . some might agree some might agree to disagree . at the end of the day we love our Angling , but i just think this kind of Angling is really not doing the sport any real good but then again there is always extremes in all walk's of life and guess this is just another example.

As Englishmen now here in Ontario feel so blessed to have such a wonderful Country to fish in . My Brother back home is not so lucky over fished giant ponds over priced tickets ever more polluted rivers and streams he has now given up Carp fishing all together ( He now Just Fish his Local Rivers) the fish in the Private pay lakes no longer give him a fight and the cost just to fish those places he says just isn't worth it any more so that's were this type MONEY angling eventually takes you.

Cheers Rant over.

Lets get back to talking about what a nice day we had at the Bank today and Posting our proud pictures of our days Angling what ever the size.

KingCarp   
BCLT;This thread is a joke

It is, but not for the reasons you give!

Unfortunately your language skills will not allow you a normal discussion I see.

As usual these announcements are simply to lure new customers to these money pits.

Luckily some do understand, so my efforts are not in vain.

EXACTLY - take a great thing and just RUIN IT - the american way!

Another cryptic message? Who are you telling what please?

Just as you have the ability to call it like you see it............I DO TO...............so I call BS! if you caught this fish you would claim KING CARP just like your handle.

Wow, shows you really don't know me at all. You answered what you would do... and yes my compatriot would post this fish in about 1 minute flat, I agree.

If you have spent any time on any of the european forums, english websites, english newspapers and channels you would know that this is a regular thing........a record is a record, regardless...

Did you actually READ any of my text? Does not look like it. You might have understood, that its my point that the European carpfishing is all about these misfits nowadays!! And trying to warn you fails.

I usually post with some sarcasm, to make a point, but I see its a waste of effort on your behalf.

Edited by KingCarp

KingCarp   

Clearly the nay sayers didn't even bother to read, others quote totally wrong information to make their point…and others again only want to discredit.

A few times a year we get a post like this; watch this amazing sized carp/ world record blabla….when you take the trouble to read my older posts you see I feel strongly about this subject.

Unfortunately this again is a 'good' example, it being a Pay Lake carp, €700 p.w and you have to buy their boilies too!

800 carp between 20 and 30 kg…141 between 30 and 39kg..plus 3 over 40kg…in a 11 Ha pond, what would you call that? I call it a fishfarm.[they do sell carp too you know]

Many of the NA carp may have decended from mirrors, but mirrors didn't look like what modern bred carp look like at all.

The NA strain has proved to be strong, not much inbreeding at all. For that reason they are such good sportsfish!

Please read from the link on Aqua-Delta and the link about the Hungarian breeding schedules, look at what and how they promote this type of carp.

This also is a Hungarian mirror, well on its way to 'world record' levels, its part of a stocking program, hence the photo in the back...the nasty bump behind the head is a 'good' indicator of what type of 'sportsfish' you can expect.

In Hungary,Romania,Bulgaria,Chech Rep etc they stock their lakes with hunderds of thousands of small carp like this ,yearly, for local consumption, so its a real different situation than in the rest of Europe where carp is highly regarded as a sportsfish. In Holland, in most places, you are not even allowed to keep a carp for eating!

I feel strongly about NOT stocking these misfits!

villedon.jpg

Arvand   

Wow this guy caught an amazing fish that beats the world record by the standards that have been set for world record fish and then some are going to put him down thats amazing sounds to me like someone in Jealous. and then some are going to attack other anglers and Members of CAG because of the fish that swim his local waters. Is this what CAG is about ??? This is the kinda stuff that will bring membership down. its disgraceful. We are supposed to be promoting carp fishing and we are putting it down :angry2: because the fish is not what some consider a real trophy carp. makes me wonder if this is a group I want to be associated with.

Totally agree with you man! These were my exact thoughts yesterday! No matter what info you share there is always Mr. know it all & Mr. thats old stuff! Sick of these people who just surf, take and contribute NOT!

I am willing to bet that the same discussion that is going on here is taking place on many carp angling forums in Europe. I feel that there are many good carp anglers over there faced with an increasingly crappy carp fishing scene. Some have reacted to this by joining CAG and it's forum. Others are booking their vacations to fish here. Let's face it. It's is over commercialized ,over popular , over done and on it's way to being over.

Shawn that fish leaves me cold. I wouldn't pay a plug nickle for a chance to do what that guy did. No more than I'd pay a farmer so that I could go and shoot one of his Holstein dairy cattle.

Some body was bound to catch that fish. It is set up to be that way. It is contrived.

Those that praise this kind act cannot see past the end of their.....rods. Over here a really big carp , say over 50 lbs could live out it's entire life and never see a baited hook never mind being caught before. If you took the time to think about what it takes to produce a really big fish here and then think about what it takes to catch one you would realize the difference. There is no comparison.

Yes he caught a world record carp according to a set of rules. So what. The Ontario record is broken all the time and nobody that is a carp angler will submit their catch because sometimes the rules suck.

Edited by hammercarp

It really is very simple; to each his own.

If you like fishing European pay lakes, by all means go ahead. Who are we to judge? I personally wouldn't want to be found dead on one of those waters, less so on those waters where fish are stolen from the wild. So I don't fish there. Simple really...

I guess you're right Mario. They are stuck with what they have and to each his own. They have my sympathy.

Robert H   

WOW this posting started out as news, information on a New World Record fish that had been captured. The facts are that World Records are determined by weight. With our current situation with carp being seen by most as trash fish that should be destroyed. It does no good to attack other Carp fisherman because of the way they manage fishing in their part of the world. We need all the friends and support we can get.

KingCarp   

Thanks, finally some common sense.

True the discussion has flared again,…but it was Arvand who was so keen on showing this.

I only react to educate, not to promote myself in any way.

Also true the carp scene in Europe is guilty of all of the above statements.

Everything for an extra buck and a Lb more, even the wide angle lens, to even enhance a 40+ kg fish, to look like a 80kg fish!

The French made transportation of carp illegal, much too late, big lakes like lac de la Foret d'Orient and Lac du Der were already stripped of many big carp, bought by Pay Lake owners to stock their ponds to make them more interesting for paying customers. And those carp were mostly caught by 'sportsanglers' and sold to the lake owners and traders.

Nowadays even those big lakes rent out swims for carpfishing.

ECHO is an English organization;

a- to educate the public about the threads posed to our sport.

b- educate about illegal stocking, smuggling and selling of carp.

c- Promote the use of home grown fish to stock UK waters.

http://www.echocarp.co.uk/echo-2/aims-objectives/

lake Sarulesti, better known as lake Raduta, got the honor of the status ' lake of Ho's'….you could get more than just food and boilies delivered to your tent, a fact that greatly improved the promotion!

Simular story as Euro Aqua, fish caught by professional fishermen from the Danube Delta, made famous by anglers who were willing to pay the price. It all ended when a new batch of carp infected the residents and killed most of the big carp.

Rainbow lake nowadays has the reputation to deliver the fattest carp…usually ±3 times a year a new 'World record' is announced…300 grams or so more than the previous 'record'. Fully booked for the next two years!

They do treat their carp better than most, but also do everything to make these carp gain weight. Even extra lime is dumped to obtain a certain level of PH

600+ Pay Lakes in France now!

The serious websites don't want this kind of promotion anymore, but its too late to try to ban Pay Lakes.

Marketing and promotion created a market for these venues.

So it does look kinda grimm for the future, when you ask me.

I'm SO happy fishing in Canada, couldn't be bothered carping in Europe again.

jaminsk1   

KingCarp. You have excluded the lake where the previous world record (the scarred fish) resides. Also the lake the world record common (Mary) lives in.

Assume this is because both fall outside of your broad generalisations?

KingCarp   

Rainbow Lake is that place. Maybe you have trouble reading too?

Arvand   

Thanks, finally some common sense.

True the discussion has flared again,…but it was Arvand who was so keen on showing this.

I only react to educate, not to promote myself in any way.

Also true the carp scene in Europe is guilty of all of the above statements.

Everything for an extra buck and a Lb more, even the wide angle lens, to even enhance a 40+ kg fish, to look like a 80kg fish!

The French made transportation of carp illegal, much too late, big lakes like lac de la Foret d'Orient and Lac du Der were already stripped of many big carp, bought by Pay Lake owners to stock their ponds to make them more interesting for paying customers. And those carp were mostly caught by 'sportsanglers' and sold to the lake owners and traders.

Nowadays even those big lakes rent out swims for carpfishing.

ECHO is an English organization;

a- to educate the public about the threads posed to our sport.

b- educate about illegal stocking, smuggling and selling of carp.

c- Promote the use of home grown fish to stock UK waters.

http://www.echocarp....ims-objectives/

lake Sarulesti, better known as lake Raduta, got the honor of the status ' lake of Ho's'….you could get more than just food and boilies delivered to your tent, a fact that greatly improved the promotion!

Simular story as Euro Aqua, fish caught by professional fishermen from the Danube Delta, made famous by anglers who were willing to pay the price. It all ended when a new batch of carp infected the residents and killed most of the big carp.

Rainbow lake nowadays has the reputation to deliver the fattest carp…usually ±3 times a year a new 'World record' is announced…300 grams or so more than the previous 'record'. Fully booked for the next two years!

They do treat their carp better than most, but also do everything to make these carp gain weight. Even extra lime is dumped to obtain a certain level of PH

600+ Pay Lakes in France now!

The serious websites don't want this kind of promotion anymore, but its too late to try to ban Pay Lakes.

Marketing and promotion created a market for these venues.

So it does look kinda grimm for the future, when you ask me.

I'm SO happy fishing in Canada, couldn't be bothered carping in Europe again.

KingCarp, this the CAG = Carp Anglers Group, the topic was posted to share the Carp News accross the continent. Weather you like it or not its a world record. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but dont have the right to bash others. If you feel this way about pay lakes its simple dont go there. I dont like allot of things that happen around me but it doesn't give me the right to go out with a baseball bat and pound people into submission and force them to do things my way! You guys need to take a deep breat along with a chill pill and relax. Every one does things their own way. Another thing I think we are all educated enough and If I wanted to get educated by people like you I know where to find you!

jaminsk1   

Actually the Scarred Mirror lives in Les Graviers near Dijon and Mary is in a private German Syndicate lake neither of which fall under your generalisations. Both are relatively unpressured, aren't easy to catch from, produce many big fish and the big ones have grown in the lake from when they are smaller and are actually products of good fishery management.

As for liming lakes. This is a practice used to help break down rotting vegetation in lakes and prevent potential oxygen crashes. It is a fish safety measure and not one used to make fish grow bigger as such.

KingCarp   

maybe start reading might do the trick... Les Graviers IS Rainbow Lake!!!!

That ####lake in Germany is where the common ho resides...all Pay Lakes. You don't want me to list all these ####ty lakes are you? Just named the most notorious ones...pfff.

Arvand; If you would have actually read the text, you would have seen the bashing was started by Mario and I was willing to return the favor. Why don't you include him?

You started this topic and you are entitled to like these misfits of course.

Edited by Willem (JD)
Cleaned up as requested/reported.

Arvand   

,...maybe start reading might do the trick... Les Graviers IS Rainbow Lake!!!!

That ####lake in Germany is where the common ho resides...all Pay Lakes. You don't want me to list all these ####ty lakes are you? Just named the most notorious ones...pfff.

Arvand; If you would have actually read the text, you would have seen the bashing was started by Mario and I was willing to return the favor. Why don't you include him?

You started this topic and you are entitled to like these misfits of course.

Fortunately also people with reason have read and approved this, so thanks but I will ignore your comments. And I can inform others whether you like it or not.

To reply to your comments:

1) You guys are all from one tree!

2) As mentioned earlier, this topic was posted to share the carp scene from europe! Since you have not contributed to this forum in any way other that your photography post we don't know what you like! Oh yeah you did say your a loner! Care to elaborate?

3) Don't realy care what you think! Its a world record period. Since you dont fish venues where other anglers are, maybe you only catch imaginary fish.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion if you have other issues maybe you should vent out else where! Im sure I speak on behalf of many on this forum!

jaminsk1   

You aren't very bright are you,...maybe start reading might do the trick... Les Graviers IS Rainbow Lake!!!!

Really? Are you sure about that? You have accused me of not being very bright here. You would look a real fool if you were actually wrong? ;)

jaminsk1   

For anyone else that was wondering -

Les Graviers - http://www.lukemoffatt.com/

and

Lac du Curton - http://www.rainbow-l...m/Gb/index.html

I note that you mention ECHO in your previous post as well. You seemed to ommit their motto from your FACTS too 'Education, not condemnation'- consider yourself educated (and not condemned) :D

There are lakes out there that have large stocked fish that produce records but not all lakes are like that. Rainbow Lakes does big fish (and was doing them before the anglers started turning up) due to the salinity of the water and it's proximaty to the sea. It is a unique water in a unique place.

Lukes lake has big fish due to superb fishery management. It is without a doubt the best managed fishery I have ever visited in a long time carp fishing - Luke can make a lot more money than he does from it but doesn't as he wants to create the ultimate fishery and IMO he is probably just about there.

A wise old angler once said 'your happiness is my happiness'. Such a shame more people cannot seem to feel like this now.

IMO the biggest problem with European fishing is the bitching and backbiting between anglers there. Seems that it seems to be spreading to Canada as well :(

KingCarp   
Arvand@ Since you have not contributed to this forum in any way other that your photography post we don't know what you like!

I see you're a forum guest, so you don't have access to all the posted info, but you could look at my content... I contribute since 2003..there should be at least 3-4 articles I wrote for CAG you can acccess here.

You could also read my profile, which should also give some info [al lot more more than most!]

Many older CAG members will know me better, unfortunately over the years the CAG forum has had the same problems we face in Europe! Look into the Tony Davies-Patrick crap...hey I even organised for him to have his book published, but he proved to be really special!!

So as now, I often don't feel to post, because there are too many idiots only bashing and ridiculing.

I'm a 45 year carp veteran, self taught,..former Board Member of the Dutch Carp Study Group, author, carp promotor, I also organise carp trips to Canada yearly for ±a dozen Dutch.

None of you guys ever met me, I never fish the known venues. You want to see fish Google my name and CarpSafari.

I don't want to publish anymore, because I don't like the way the magazines handle text as their own.

I don't read any magazines anymore either

I don't fish for carp in Europe anymore since 1995

teoCarp   

Organized carp kills (bowfishing derbies, etc.) are still legal in most states. Carp is nowhere near to be recognized as a sports species. And you are arguing about two catch and release carping worlds. What is going on here?

Robert H   

king carp look at your postings is that not the reason you said you no longer post

Guest THE BIG WORM   
Guest THE BIG WORM

Why are two forum guest pushing the limits of civil decency here?

We appreciate what you've both done in the past and I myself am interested in hearing both sides of aurgument as long as it's facts and theorys and not mis-leading emotional self -obsorbed garbage and name calling. I complained an awful lot to keep non-members with access to this site, but both of you guys are making me regret my descision.

As a major carp fishing event the dialog on this is important, and the yes there should be pride in the chance of catching a fish as great as that, but there are some serious issues that should be open to discussion about how why and where fish like this happen, because the damage that can be done to the mutch more fertile and diverse waters of North America by similar actions here need to be smartly addressed and the emerging sport and it's pioneers (CAG members and others) really need to get ahead of this.......

Just refrain from the personal attacks and name calling.....if the informtion in your aurgument isn't enough to sustain itself alone.....maybe it's not ready for the rest of us to see it.......