Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Willem (JD)

Carp World Records & Euro Paylake Carp

If you watch, he probably fishes lakes close to his home in Memphis, TN. I have noticed that there are always a lot of cypress trees. Maybe Reelfoot Lake? He must have been doing something right. Every see his house? Huge! I don't blame him for not mentioning where he fishes. Many carpers do the came.

BTW, our Charter internet service has very little now in the way of hunting and fishing shows. That stinks!

There's a diver under the boat hooking up the same fish over and over.

You ever watch Bill Dance? I swear he fishes the same lake or pond ( which he never gives the name of or even the state he is in ) its so obvious he fishes in a private stocked pond. Every bass is huge and like a carbon copy of the previous one.

He owns his own private lake with huge bass.

Right but you notice all he catches are giant bass? Never any medium or smalls.

Since it's a TV show, my guess is that they just don't bother showing the any ones he catches -- they simply edit the film.

Of course since he IS catching enough big ones to fill an entire show, he is probably fishing in his own private lake.

BTW -- Years ago, a guy here in Georgia, Ben Patrick, was trying to grow a new world record largemouth bass. He had property with about 20 lakes. Some he opened to the public (for a fee), and others he used to hatch and raise fish to stock in the lakes. He ran it as "Patrick's Lakes -- Home of the Next World Record Bass". He was feeding the young bass a diet of some kind of high growth formula -- a yearling bass would weigh 2 pounds -- and then he'd stock them. His idea was that if he could start the fish off with significant size early in its life, it would have a better chance of growing to world record size. He did manage to raise a state record channel catfish. However, despite the fact that some very large bass were caught there, he never did raise one that came close to the record. BTW, the State of Georgia now owns the property and operates it as a PFA (Public Fishing Area).

Obviously they are edited. We have one of his blooper videos. Bill said that they fished all day and he caught one bass just before they called it quits.