Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

njcarping

South New Jersey Carp?

Hey everyone, first post here. I hooked a carp a few weeks ago and it has truly made me into a CARPER. I didn't end up catching it (as I wasn't prepared for these) but it gave me the adrenaline rush that no other fish has so far. I live in Gloucester County, and I am looking for any lakes/ponds nearby that contain a good amount of carp. I'd completely okay with driving a bit into Camden County and even Atlantic County. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Any chance you would know what stretches that could be fished by shore are effective? I've been on the Timber Creek before and haven't seen a single one.

South Jersey has many carp fertile waters. Pretty much any pond, lake, creek, or river you chose to fish will have carp. The trick of carp fishing is to find parts of these bodies of water that carp frequent. Not sure where in gloucester county you live, but I would try fishing a tributary of the Delaware, or one of the many ponds/lakes connected to tributaries of the Delaware. Pretty much any tributary, down to about Salem River will have good populations of carp. I would suggest scouting out whatever body of water is close to home, look for a deeper area you can fish comfortablly. Chum heavily for a few days before you want to fish, then go fishing using simple tactics.

I live in Philadelphia and have fished all over South Jersey. I always thought the Salem River/Canal area had potential for some truly large specimens, but I never caught any monsters down there.

You can also try DOD ponds it's a wma that allows over night fishing and holds a good head of carp into the twenties , ive heard good things about the Salem canal as well. I haven't really fished any other places down that way apart from DOD , I would check out the fish n game web site as there is a detailed list by county of water bodies and what species of fish each one contains. Keep a look out for the fish ins that myself and hairigger have included on the Cag calendar , those events are a great way to meet like minded carp anglers whom don't mind suggesting venues and tactics. Feel free to pm me or hairigger anytime and hopefully we will see you at one of the fish ins this year .

Mark

I 'm afraid nobody will give you any specific info untill we" ll know you little better.To many bad experiences from the past.

Regards,

Robert.

On 10/26/2012 at 0:55 PM, welshman said:

Anyone have ideas for mid Jersey ? I know Carnegie Lake pretty well but any others ? Dan

there's tons of carp holes in Burlington County newjersey here's my 30 I got from the river in Burlington newjersey

FB_IMG_1455813766496.jpg

Another vote for the Delaware river, specifically the Burlington Bristol bridge or palmyra cove nature park