Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
(IL) CHIBIGTEE

Wccl 2012 August

Hello fellow carpers, Tracy here. With all the very warm weather we've had this past couple months, the river has produced more fish for me than the lake front. We'll be fishing the the river in August. The Sun-times venue is back on the schedule. 2900 S. Ashland Ave. Riverfront Park. Just look for the BIG Sun-times signs and it's right behind. See you then. later

Hello fellow carpers, Tracy here. With all the very warm weather we've had this past couple months, the river has produced more fish for me than the lake front. We'll be fishing the the river in August. The Sun-times venue is back on the schedule. 2900 S. Ashland Ave. Riverfront Park. Just look for the BIG Sun-times signs and it's right behind. See you then. later

Thanks for the advanced notice, Tracy. Looking forward to it.--Frank

Your worried about shade? You better worry about fish ;):icon_smoking::P

No worries. 45 carp were caught at the venue last year. Never mind that the average was 2-11. :lol: But it's not a big three anymore. It's a point system. Good luck to all.--Frank

That one reason I miss Joliet being in the list of venues. Plenty of decent size fish.

And remember we are due for a wind/rain storm yet this year.

No worries. 45 carp were caught at the venue last year. Never mind that the average was 2-11. :lol: But it's not a big three anymore. It's a point system. Good luck to all.--Frank

Yep it's all relative. I think last year's fish size was a fluke, because the prevoius 2 years there was plenty of decent fish caught. See you all there.

That one reason I miss Joliet being in the list of venues. Plenty of decent size fish.

And remember we are due for a wind/rain storm yet this year.

Dont lie you like the idea its 2 miles from youre house :yes:

I'll be seeing the "extreme" group this weekend and will inform them personally.

Good job tracy on the venue switch :yes: Alot less foot traffic and people telling you to "put that fish in a bush, it's fertilizer" at suntimes venue. Excellent choice moving the session there. See you allon the 12th.

We will see next sunday, now you have the fish accustomed to you're method and half the venue fished out :angry2:

:bigsmile:

I fished the Suntimes venue today. 9 fish average about 5#. It has been a while since I fished the river and forgot how nasty it really is, condoms,tampons, tampon applicators ect float by none stop. Tetanus shot not manditory but are suggested. :blush::icon_smoking::huh::(:barf:

post-4854-0-83874100-1344220365.jpg

I fished the Suntimes venue today. 9 fish average about 5#. It has been a while since I fished the river and forgot how nasty it really is, condoms,tampons, tampon applicators ect float by none stop. Tetanus shot not manditory but are suggested. :blush::icon_smoking::huh::(:barf:

Five pounders, gang bangers, and 40 ouncers everywhere!

Larry's dialed in, boyz, at the overly polluted, overly warm Chicago ditch! ~8

Watch out, Demon. Your lead is in jeopardy! :o

2012 Windy City Carp League website and current standings!

Not dialed in, just trying a few new things, it doesnt matter what you use for bait, within reason, their gonna bite!

post-4854-0-41693100-1344293180.jpg

Not dialed in, just trying a few new things, it doesnt matter what you use for bait, within reason, their gonna bite!

Typical response from somebody dialed in. Larry's chomping at the bit to belly up all who question his superiority at the Ashland ditch. I might not show. I'm askeered!

Urinal mints in all the swims, then next month we go to my house, ( Diversy Harbor inner) I got it all set up,lol. :icon_smoking::lol::D:P

post-4854-0-04977200-1344302987.jpg

Tracy--What will be the rod allowance on Sunday?

I see that Frank is askeered. Im predicting a haulfest this Sunday in numbers not so much in size. But what you gonna do.

While I was there last Sunday I noticed the City did cut the grass nicely but if you get a peg within the taller wild flowers (weeds), you better bring gallons of bug spray.

Gonna bring the grill again so let me know if your gonna eat so I can bring enough food.

Dont forget we are well over due for our yearly league wind/rain/tornado storm. As most of you know they can be breif but severe!

See you all Sunday, if your not askeered! ;):P:lol::icon_smoking:

post-4854-0-06781500-1344423084.jpg

I see that Frank is askeered. Im predicting a haulfest this Sunday in numbers not so much in size. But what you gonna do.

While I was there last Sunday I noticed the City did cut the grass nicely but if you get a peg within the taller wild flowers (weeds), you better bring gallons of bug spray.

Gonna bring the grill again so let me know if your gonna eat so I can bring enough food.

Dont forget we are well over due for our yearly league wind/rain/tornado storm. As most of you know they can be breif but severe!

See you all Sunday, if your not askeered! ;):P:lol::icon_smoking:

You're darn right I'm "askeered," Larry. It's very difficult trying to keep up with all you pros, pro-staffers, sponsored anglers, and bait manufacturers. I even jeopardized life and limb this morning and showed up at O-dark-thirty at Ashland, just outside the pegged area, to see if I could catch a fish. Fortunately, I was just greeted by gang symbols on the sidewalk, by a few broken 40 ounce bottles in the higher grass, and by the usual flotsam in the river rather than by gang bangers and muggers. :blammo:

The water was warm, but I managed a few fish. Of course, it's much easier catching fish when you are alone as opposed to competing with you big shooters. I don't predict a haulfest, but I appreciate your offer to provide lunch. I'm in. Thanks. Good luck to all on Sunday!--Frank

Ashland "north"

wccl2012_ashland_west.jpg

I was lucky to catch 20 fish in about 3 hours this morning, although many were like this one pounder.

wccl2012_pounder_ashland_080812.jpg

However, I did manage a 12 . . .

wccl2012_12plus_ashland_080812.jpg

. . . a 17 . . .

wccl2012_17plus_ashland_080812.jpg

. . . and a 21-5, in addition to several others in the 8-10 pound range.

toks_080812_2105.jpg

Good luck to all you big shooters and to the rest of us, too, on Sunday!--Frank

2012 Windy City Carp League Website

wccl_banner_2012.jpg

All kidding aside I think 3 rods would be to much, Im just sayin! :icon_smoking::D

Skeered!