Carp Anglers Group Forums

Dixon Carp Derby Help.......cag Member Free Tournament

Guest THE BIG WORM

Guest THE BIG WORM

As you know were about a month away and I could use a little help with weighing fish. I know a number of CAG members have helped in the past and I have tried to make it worth wile with drawings and prizes for helping......but I know we all like to fish and it's hard to choose between helping and fishing.....so here is my idea.....

I'm looking for 7-9 anglers (or two man teams) to fish against each other (one for each section to be determined by draw, it will be a big four, with a seperate peg draw for day two). Entry will be free!!!! and there will be about $400-$500 in cash and prizes as well as a trophy. The prizes and cash will be from me as a thank you for helping weigh fish for the derby anglers in your section. (generally 20-30 fish per day).

I know it's not a big prize package but I started helping with this event after my fishing buddy who introduced me to the event passed, and a number of folks have helped year after year and I could really use some help. All the proceeds go into costs and raffles for the following year and with the issues with the former Dixon comptroller, I will most likely have to bankroll this event in the future if it is to continue so any help with the event would be appreciated.

The anglers who do this will be the stars, and will have my deepest gratitude.....so if your available and willing it's August 25 and 26, 2012....and there is room to camp.So let me know with a call or a PM. (847)462-9526

Larry

I'll check how my work schedule is but I plan on helping out both days and get my lines wet

• 3 weeks later...
Guest THE BIG WORM

An update for Members looking to help with the weighing and stewarding......

Have commitments from Josef Settele, Zach (zatesta), Paul Pazella, John Chione, Edward Grasser, and maybe's from Robert and Fred to Steward. I could use a few more for both days or just one (Saturday especially)

A number of other CAG members have offered to fish against each other instead of the deby, and weigh fish for the locals to help out and still fish kind of as a side pot each day......I will be throwing in some prizes including a couple ofmembership renewals and a CCC paid entry (on me) and I'll see what else I can shake out.