Carp Anglers Group Forums

St Lawrence Guide Cabins boats

Guest telfish

Guest telfish

I have negotiated a reduced price for a great package on the river. A log cabin at $60 per night and $10 per night for each additional person. That means 4 people sharing would pay $22.50 each per night or $157.50 for a full week. Boat hire is avaliable and bait is avaliable extra.

Campers are also avaliable at $50 plus $10 for each additional person.

This rate is for CAG members, the cabins are right on the best of the river. And your guide has 30 years experience on the river. You can fish right in front of the cabins or take a boat to the islands or other swims.

Please contact 315-393-2350 to book, please refer to this post and give my name for the price.

I am making no personal profit from this and the aim is simply to give CAG guys the best deal and promote the river.

Terry

Guest telfish

It's Joe Babbitt, he is "The Guy" And his place is upriver of Waddington, He told me that over the past 7 days 5 40's have come out of his stretch best 44+ and they say town lake is good!

Terry

Guest Cactus Carp

Terry

How long is these prices good for ? Won't be making out anytime soon. But do want to make out that way ...maybe next year :D

Dean :D

Guest telfish

For this year at least, not sure about next. Joe might charge a bit more but knowing him probably not. This really is a good deal if you can get a party of 4 to share.

Terry

Guest Cactus Carp

Terry

Yes it is difficult to see that far ahead. Still really want to make it out that way. How far is it from you ?

Have not forgotten about the weights, just that it got stuck on the backbuner if you will.

What is the most productive time of the year to fish the river ?

Guest telfish
Terry

Yes it is difficult to see that far ahead. Still really want to make it out that way. How far is it from you ?

Have not forgotten about the weights, just that it got stuck on the backbuner if you will.

What is the most productive time of the year to fish the river ?

Dean  :D

Joe's is about 40 minutes from me, the best time is Mid May to Mid June then September through early November. Though you can catch well in mid summer if you know the deep water swims.

Terry

Guest telfish
Sounds like I may have found a place to take the vacation. Thanks Terry.

Tommy give me a shout when and if you are coming I would like to meet up and fish, or just have a beer or two!

Terry

Guest telfish
:D OMGOMGOMGOMG!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!YOUR LIKE, MY BEST FRIEND!!LOL, I THOUGHT WE  WERE GOING TO HAVE TO SLEEP IN THE CAR!

Brit,

Don't get your hopes up Joe's is fully booked the week of the tournament. Sorry

Try the Waddington Riverview motel, or Iroquois farm, they go under the Tilden stage bed and breakfast, they have two good cabins buy the water. look on the chamber website under bed and breakfasts.

Terry

Guest Tommy Robinson
Sounds like I may have found a place to take the vacation. Thanks Terry.

Tommy give me a shout when and if you are coming I would like to meet up and fish, or just have a beer or two!

Terry

U bet Terry!

Terry, Looks like its going to be a busy weekend in August, Pete tells me that the riverview is full as well, Thankfully Stuart and I got a room... :D

Is the State park an option as an overflow ???

Guest telfish
Terry,  Looks like its going to be a busy weekend in August,  Pete tells me that the riverview is full  as well,  Thankfully Stuart and I got a room...  :D

Is the State park an option as an overflow ???

There are plenty of campsites around, plus I know of a lot of B and B and cabins/motels that are not full, for CAG guys working with us on the tournament they will be able to bivvy up at Joe,s free for the week, plus we are having the fish in on his stretch plus other overflow areas if needed. So helpers can get plenty of fishing in at minimal cost have a great social time and warm the pegs up for the fish-in

Terry

Terry

Guest telfish
Hi Terry,

I am surprised that Joe says they have caught that  many 40+ carp this early in the season. The ice on the St L is broken up only two weeks ago. Isn't the water way to cold?

:D  :D

CarpNiels

They were caught as I understand it from the back eddy to the left of the beach at Joe's place. The ice went three weeks ago in these areas. Plus don't forget that the fish don't go anywhere in the winter they stay in the same places they were in at the end of Fall, The drop offs and current edges in 25 ft plus water. As the water warms up they move into the shallows, in fact some of the smaller fish are already in the shallow bays sunning on top on the rare 65 degree days we had last week. They don't take long to move around. Plus they are concentrated at this time of the year, sometimes I think we fish too late in the spring, we should be on the river just after ice out. I was going to fish today but the temperature dropped 15 degrees and a cruel NE wind sprung up overnight. Big Al always said the fish in the river are more active feeding wise during the winter than the summer looks like he was right!.

Terry

Guest Cactus Carp

Terry

Thanks for your information, I will no doubt have to give it a go next year. I may have missed it but is the area on the US side ?

Guest telfish
Terry

Thanks for your information, I will no doubt have to give it a go next year. I may have missed it but is the area on the US side ?

Hi Dean,

Yes it's on the USA side just upstream of Waddington below the iriquois dam

Terry

Guest Cactus Carp

Terry

Thanks again for the information, I with out doubt would like to make it up that way next year [ fingers crossed ] how far is it from the nearest major airport ?

Guest telfish
Terry

Thanks again for the information, I with out doubt would like to make it up that way next year [ fingers crossed ] how far is it from the nearest major airport ?

Dean  :D

Ottawa is just over an hour, Syracuse is nearly 2, there are flights into Ogdensburg which is 20 minutes or possible Massena half an hour.

Regards

Terry

Guest Cactus Carp

Terry

Thanks again for the reply. My game plan is to drive to Missouri where I have family and fly in as close as possible to save a long drive. The weak link in my chain getting from the airport to the campground.