Carp Anglers Group Forums

2012 Dixon Carp Derby (Temporary Thread)

Guest THE BIG WORM

Guest THE BIG WORM

Willem has been gracious enough to help consolidate all the current and previous events in Dixon for me. Please bare with us. Until then feel free to post any Questions or info on the event here.....or check out the CAG calender of events for dates and times.

The event Has over $2,500 in cash and prizes as on right now and should be a fun one for the whole family.

Sign-up: Starts at 6am Saturday August 25th or at any time during the derby, you must be signed in and have your nametag for your fish to count!!

Fishing: August 25 from 8am to 4pm and Sunday August 26 from 8am to 2pm.

Awards: Start between 2:30 and 3pm on Sunday. You must be present for raffles.

I'll see you there! I should be getting there Friday early

Guest THE BIG WORM

We had 93 degree temps on Saturday and rain on Sunday, but that did not stop people from trying their hand at carp fishing and learning by example proper fish handling and the benifits of catch and release carp fishing. We had 87 actual anglers this year, up from 79 last year and almost all of them fished the last two hours in the rain. The number of spectators and well wishers seamed much higher this year than last. All the anglers fished their hearts out!!!! 9 Boys, 9 Girls and 69 Adults competed from all over Illinois and even Wisconsin. From beginners, Carp pro's, formal syndicate match anglers from England, to the best of the local rock river anglers it was nice to see such a variety of anglers actually having fun fishing side by side..........the way it use to be, the way it should be.

The fish were larger than in the past years. It is estimated that well over 300 carp where caught during the derby (we only record fish when they surpass another fishes weightand there were over 130fish in our tally sheets) From 4 ounces to the winning fish of 12 pounds 6 ounces the Carp of the Rock River did there best to leave all with a smile on there face and a lasting memory.

The event was filled with thrills and suprises from an angler who dove in after a fish took his rod only to find the fish still on the line which he fought waist deep in water until it snapped his line to one of the girls catching a winning fish on a Gummi Bear. And even a very rare (I have never seen one before) Fantail/Mirror Carp Hybrid being caught.

Everyone had fun and I have to say it was great to see everyone again, having a good time.

ADULT DIVISION WINNERS

1st. Place Srdjan Gasivoda (Chicago) 12# 6oz Won $500 and the Champions Trophy

2nd. Place Grahme Johnston (Byron) 12# 6oz Won $300

3rd Place Tony Sladek (Romeoville) 11# 4oz Won $150

4th Place Ralph Harris (RFD) 11# 2oz. Won $100

5th Place Charles Thomas (Dixon) 10# 14oz Won $100

6th Place Lauren Marceau (Dixon) 10# 13oz Won $75

7th Place Dave Marceau (Dixon) 10# 13oz Won $75

8th Place Donny Bailey (Burlington Wisconsin) 10# 6oz Won $50

9th Place Jason Clevenger (Dixon) 10# 2oz Won $50

10th Place Charles Chesnek (Oregon) 10# even Won $50

11th Place Debra Higgins (Dixon) 10# even Won $25

12th Place Mike Kresanek (Dixon) 9# 7oz Won $25

13th Place Josh Gross (Burlington Wisconsin) 9# 5ozWon $25

14th Place Nicole DiFiore (Pell Lake Wisconsin) 8# 15 oz Won $25

15th Place Mike Olinger (Plainfield) 8# 14oz Won $25

16th Place Kirsten Brungart (Aurora) 8# 12 oz Won $25

17th Place John Arnold (Dixon) 8# 9oz Won $25

18th Place Larry Coggins (Dixon ) 8#7oz Won $25

19th Place Jeff Lesniak (West Chicago) 7# 9oz Won $25

20th Place Tom Hillhouse (Rockford) 7# 1oz Won $25

21st Place Patrick Wetzel (McHenry) 7# 1oz Won $25

GIRLS DIVISION WINNERS

1st Place Kristina Gazivoda (Chicago) 7# even Won $50 and Girls Champion Trophy

2nd Place Hope Garza (Sterling) 6# 11oz Won $40

3rd Place Sierra Hunt (Dixon) 6# 7oz Won $30

4th Place Brianna Duran (Aurora) 5# 7oz Won $20

5th Place Faith Garza (Sterling) 5# 5oz Won $10

BOYS DIVISION WINNERS

1st Place Cory Bohmann Jr. (Morris) 6# 13oz Won $50 and the Boys Champion Trophy

2nd Place Zack Clevenger (Dixon) 4# 15oz Won $40

3rd Place Trent Minto (Dixon) 3# 9oz Won $30

4th No Winner

5th No Winner

All the boys and girls recieved a going away tackle collection and dozens won free gear in the free raffle as well!

I would like to thank Zatesta (Zack), Edward Gasser, Bill Loy, Josef Settele and John Chione for helping out as stewards. With out the hard work and selfless efforts of people willing to help rather than fish......these events don't happen. And I thanks them. I also want to thank Ray from Bunny's Bait and Tackle for helping to promote the event. Also thanks to Colleen and the Dixon Tourism, Deb Carrie and the Dxon Parks department, and Mayor Jim Burke and the City of Dixon for a lovley and enthusiastic place to have an event.

And last I would like thank all who came and fished, you made it alot of fun for me, can't wait till next year!!

Larry Kirchner

Sound as if all went well. Congrats to Larry, winners, participants, sponsors, and volunteers.

Why is Carp Fishing Now buried as a sub forum. Perhaps it could be given its own forum under Friends of CAG. I don't have a problem with keeping it in "my" forum, but I think it deserves it's own title/forum.--Frank