Carp Anglers Group Forums

Press Release; Gilbert Huxley Signature Carp Rods

Gilbert Huxley

Gilbert Huxley Signature Series Carp Rods are built on more than 30 years of dedicated carp fishing experience. Manufactured by Trophy Technologies, the leader in Muskie and Bass Rod innovation. Gilbert Huxley Signature Series Carp Rods are made from the finest rodbuilding materials currently available. All rods are constructed from Japanese Toray graphite fiber. Toray fiber is a unidirectional nano-fiber that has an extremely high strength to weight ratio. That means we can build an ultra powerful rod which is still extremely light

Carbon prepreg is expensive stuff. A 50m roll can cost thousands of dollars, and we consume kilometers of it each month. The resin, a modified epoxy system, does not cure at room temperature, but needs heat to make it solidify. This means the prepreg will not cure at room temperature and can be refrigerated to keep for very long periods.

Carbon fibre alone, is a black floss like material, very vulnerable to abrasion and damage. It is only by combining it with a resin system that we get a composite that is useful as an engineering material. So when we talk loosely about carbon fibre fishing rods we normally mean carbon fibre and epoxy composite.

Why do we do this?

To deliver the most powerful tournament grade carp rod available on the market today.

Here's some tib-pits:

12 and 13 footers

3.5 test curve

The 12fters have 6 guides, starting at the butt with a 50mm, 2-40mm, 2-20mm, and the tip is a 16mm

I was going to put a 18mm on the tip but my rod maker said the math didn't work out right.

The 13fters have 7 guides, starting at the butt with a 50mm, 2-40mm, 2-20mm, 2-16mm.

All guides and the seat are hand made and the guides are double footed for strength.

There is a small carp engraved on the vary butt of the rod.

The color of the rod is like no other, you can see different colors of Dark Red,Dark Orange and green.

Only in the sunlight and also what angle you are looking at it, can you see these colors and the sparkling flakes . In low light the rod is a dark reddish brown. Really Sexy.

This is not a 3.5 broom stick, the butt end is vary slim with a great looking rubber butt handle.

Oh by the way the people who make my rods are the same people make all of G-Lumas Rods and most of Gander Mountain Bass Rods.

I'm excited to announce that my web site is up and running with great pictures of my rod and some of fish I have caught in the past years. You can find these rods right now at West Side Baits in Indy. Coming real soon to Wacker Baits, BFS, Big Carp Tackle.

Check it out! 

Sorry:

www.gilberthuxleycarprods.com

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone now can find my rods at Wacker Baits, Big Carp Tackle, BFS, and of course West Side Baits and Tackle.