Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

marcus

World Carp Classic

The World Carp Classic 2012 is about to start over on Lake Bolsena in Italy - http://www.worldcarpclassic.com/ The US has a representative called Larysa Switlyk, she appears to be fishing on her own, has never carp fished, but does enjoying killing things, lets hope she gets a good peg draw ;-)

In all seriousness, it looks like a great venue for the anglers, I nearly went myself this year but the wife thought I was taking the michael after last year! Hope all competitors catch well and it's repeated on the same venue in 2013

Just a thought, why would there be someone to represent the US in such a big tournament, if they have never even fished for carp :blink:

She has fished for carp before. Her teammate is from berkley also and she is not fishing solo. There is a video on her facebook of her fishing with Frank Warwick and Jason Cann a few weeks back.

that was in the World Catfish Classic on the Ebro in Spain, suprised Dave didn't sponsor a BCT Team in there.......

Marcus,

I had planned to go fish it with AFBob this time, but life got in the way and Bob couldn't make it.

I'm planning on it again next year, so if anyone is interested in representing Team USA in Italy in '13 let me know.

I've done a few of these trips and can organize bait, shelters, rods, etc. so really all you need to bring is clothes, terminal tackle and reels.

I've done Romania twice and France twice and it was an incredible expereince every time I've gone overseas to compete and represent the USA.

David

Davvd, is it going to be held in Italy 2 years on the trot ? Are dates set already for 2013 ? GB.

Ross said he planned on holding it there for a few years last time I spoke with him. Not sure on the exact dates for'13.

I think it depends on the success of this tourney and so far it seems to be going fantastically. Larysa Switlyk is being interviewed Live tonight!

current leader board - Andrea Camapanani and Filippo Mangrandi are currently 1st place with 71kg, with 69kg in 2nd place and 57kg in 3rd. (courtesy of Solar tackle)

Just a thought, why would there be someone to represent the US in such a big tournament, if they have never even fished for carp :blink:

Funny how that works eh? She is new to carp fishing (and many other forms of fishing, and hunting for that matter) , yet, she was chosen to represent USA in an international tournament. When you are involved with politicians in the USA, the world is yours.