Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

FJR1

Why Are "friends Of Cag Events" Still In "members Only&#34

It has become apparent that both candidates for the CAG presidency are in favor of making the "Friends of CAG Events" section accessible to all who visit this forum, including non-members.

It also appears that there are few valid arguments in opposition to the change. Must we wait until a change of administration before this needed change is made? Why not make the change in a more timely manner?

I acknowledge the argument that there has to be something "special" for those who pay their dues, but I, for one, am content with the knowledge that simply being a member of CAG carries its own value. --Frank

I like your style ;)

I for one am totally for it being open to all. Can't attract new members if we can contact them or see them in the bank

Guest THE BIG WORM

It was a strang move when it happened.....right at the beginning of the season, and after many of those who have sections in the "Friends of CAG" section had donated time, money, products, and prizes to help CAG out and for the CCC. Wouldn't mind knowing who made the descision as it really wasn't part of the changes Andy discussed making and was kind of a slap in the face to thise who were still bringing people to the CAG website and occasionally "New Members". I'm sure when others start having events again it will be changed.......

I like your style ;)

I for one am totally for it being open to all. Can't attract new members if we can contact them or see them in the bank

It was a strang move when it happened.....right at the beginning of the season, and after many of those who have sections in the "Friends of CAG" section had donated time, money, products, and prizes to help CAG out and for the CCC. Wouldn't mind knowing who made the descision as it really wasn't part of the changes Andy discussed making and was kind of a slap in the face to thise who were still bringing people to the CAG website and occasionally "New Members". I'm sure when others start having events again it will be changed.......

Two very compelling reasons why the "Friends of CAG Events" section should be open to all ASAP!

Lot on the plate at the moment, but will review and look into bringing this section back to the open forum or at the very least address your concern in more detail. Stay tuned.

Lot on the plate at the moment, but will review and look into bringing this section back to the open forum or at the very least address your concern in more detail. Stay tuned.

Thanks, Andy. I'm hoping it might take only a few keystrokes and very little folderol and red tape to make the "Friends of CAG Events" forum more accessible to all. I sincerely hope it is not cumbersome, time-consuming, or difficult for your staff. This proposal is certainly not intended to force a choice between making "Friends of CAG Events" accessible or maintaining the integrity and security of CAG Online. As always, your response, your dedication to CAG, and your efforts to get this done are greatly appreciated.--Frank

Most of the stuff in there should be free for everyone to see but I think a couple are businesses right? So if we moved it to the public forum, then it would essentially be free advertising?

I personally don't care. I'm not into politics or the inner workings of the carp fishing industry. I'm an "artist of life" :)

Well, I certainly hope that decisions will continue to follow an ordered process, allowing a few weeks of discussions, and then an open vote. Presidents are not there to make unilateral decisions. They are there to foster and lead a team of decision-makers (the BoD), which is way different. Also, when it comes to reverse a previous decision, the default position should be to stick to the previous decision unless there is a really strong case and rough consensus to change.

All this being said, in this precise case, I also struggle to understand why this 'friends of CAG' sub-forum isn't open... :rolleyes:

Guest THE BIG WORM

Given that the change was not part of the changes listed to take place I would suggest that it is time for diliberating by the BOD to once again be open to the public once again. If we look at the history of CAG, the financial mistakes and membership drops came at the time the discussions where moved away from the public view......I am not suggesting that the regular members can input the BOD discusssions, but I feel we should be able to see who are making bad choices for the club. There have been a fair number of BOD to call me crazy, and more that willing to attack my input yet we have no way as a membership of knowing who is making these bad choices,,,,,we deserve to know, it's our money, our club and our efforts and posts that keep this whole thing viable. Since we will see a new president, I think it's time for a new way of doing things here.

I will post this to the cantidates as well.

Larry

If you expect me to read your posts, please don't post like that. Make it bald and even use 3000000 size font, just don't underline it.

Thanks

Given that the change was not part of the changes listed to take place I would suggest that it is time for diliberating by the BOD to once again be open to the public once again. If we look at the history of CAG, the financial mistakes and membership drops came at the time the discussions where moved away from the public view......I am not suggesting that the regular members can input the BOD discusssions, but I feel we should be able to see who are making bad choices for the club. There have been a fair number of BOD to call me crazy, and more that willing to attack my input yet we have no way as a membership of knowing who is making these bad choices,,,,,we deserve to know, it's our money, our club and our efforts and posts that keep this whole thing viable. Since we will see a new president, I think it's time for a new way of doing things here.

I will post this to the cantidates as well.

I disagree, All members of the BOD are giving their time to this club. Buckeye Bob told me once that you have to trust that the BOD members have CAG's best interest at heart or they would not give up time with their families or fishing to run the club. may not always agree with decisions made but calling them "Bad decisions" is a matter of opinion. We pay $25 bucks to be a member, thats nothing, we dont own anything here because we pay dues. If all discussions of the bOD were out in the open nothing would get done. Their PM box would be full from everyone telling them what to do. or threatening to leave the club if its not done this way or that way. I do not care if Friends of CAG is open or private.

When I was on the bOD I tried to get us to have a monthly Webex meeting where we could talk thru live an agenda of issues. It never came together. Also I was on a BOD of a large service org. for 13 yrs and we had monthly meetings face to face where members could attend but not really have input until floor was opened to them. Almost never had any regular members attend.

Lets trust our BOD to do whats right in their eyes for CAG and if at the end of the day you dont like what they do then step up and run for the BOD. Im sure they always need help.

I do not care if Friends of CAG is open or private.

I disagree, All members of the BOD are giving their time to this club. Buckeye Bob told me once that you have to trust that the BOD members have CAG's best interest at heart or they would not give up time with their families or fishing to run the club. may not always agree with decisions made but calling them "Bad decisions" is a matter of opinion. We pay $25 bucks to be a member, thats nothing, we dont own anything here because we pay dues. If all discussions of the bOD were out in the open nothing would get done. Their PM box would be full from everyone telling them what to do. or threatening to leave the club if its not done this way or that way. I do not care if Friends of CAG is open or private.

When I was on the bOD I tried to get us to have a monthly Webex meeting where we could talk thru live an agenda of issues. It never came together. Also I was on a BOD of a large service org. for 13 yrs and we had monthly meetings face to face where members could attend but not really have input until floor was opened to them. Almost never had any regular members attend.

Lets trust our BOD to do whats right in their eyes for CAG and if at the end of the day you dont like what they do then step up and run for the BOD. Im sure they always need help.

Can't agree more! Good work, Rod!

Larry makes it clear that he is not calling for the membership to be a part of ("input") BOD discussions nor is anyone suggesting that current CAG procedures be circumvented. A little more transparency and a simple change in the placement of the "Friends of CAG" forum, especially in light of the fact that both presidential candidates support it, are all that are requested. By all means, I am in favor of following the appropriate procedures to get it done, despite my impatience with red tape.

On the other hand, a closer perusal of those who are listed as "Friends of CAG" leads me to conclude that it is quite an eclectic group that includes non-members, for-profit event organizers, and some who have even gone on record as being anti-CAG. Perhaps, should the section be moved to be more accessible, "Friends of CAG" status should be limited to those who do not promote events that are in conflict with CAG events and should be limited to those who have no self-interest in the financial gain that some events generate.--Frank

On the other hand, a closer perusal of those who are listed as "Friends of CAG" leads me to conclude that it is quite an eclectic group that includes non-members, for-profit event organizers, and some who have even gone on record as being anti-CAG. Perhaps, should the section be moved to be more accessible, "Friends of CAG" status should be limited to those who do not promote events that are in conflict with CAG events and should be limited to those who have no self-interest in the financial gain that some events generate.--Frank

;)

See you guys are starting to get the picture. Even if it looks like it to some people, not all decisions are made "Just because". Every single derision is made after serious extended debate.

Other issues require more time, efforts AND understanding, so some issues get placed on the "To-Do" list to be re-evaluated at n later stage. Sometimes it's better to make a SAFE decision until a problem can be resolved, rather than do something just because you're under pressure to do it.

See you guys are starting to get the picture. Even if it looks like it to some people, not all decisions are made "Just because". Every single decision is made after serious extended debate.

Other issues require more time, efforts AND understanding, so some issues get placed on the "To-Do" list to be re-evaluated at n later stage. Sometimes it's better to make a SAFE decision until a problem can be resolved, rather than do something just because you're under pressure to do it.

"Derision" or decision after serious extended debate? The picture is clear to many, to more than you might be willing to credit. Nobody is exerting pressure nor should anyone feel under pressure. If it's too difficult or politically dangerous to differentiate "friends" from "non-friends," leave your forum as it currently stands. It's not a huge issue.--Frank

Guest THE BIG WORM

Larry

If you expect me to read your posts, please don't post like that. Make it bald and even use 3000000 size font, just don't underline it.

Thanks

If it was underlined it was because I hit something and didn't know what I did to change it...........not everyone hear knows what you believe to be proper posting eticate.

But since you have decided to make this a big deal.....Please explain to me why the underline font is there, and when it is appropriate for us to use the underline font so I do not cause the world to end accidentally by posting something that apperently is a bigger deal than the topic.

As far as reading it, I posted it for the other 500 members, your avatar, comments as to my sanity and your responces to my pm's has more than told me what you think of me.

P.s Did I use the "Quote" thing right this time?

"Derision" or decision after serious extended debate? The picture is clear to many, to more than you might be willing to credit. Nobody is exerting pressure nor should anyone feel under pressure. If it's too difficult or politically dangerous to differentiate "friends" from "non-friends," leave your forum as it currently stands. It's not a huge issue.--Frank

I apoligise Dokter Rink, I'm on my phone and sometimes chit happen when it comes to spelling :)

If it was underlined it was because I hit something and didn't know what I did to change it...........not everyone hear knows what you believe to be proper posting eticate.

But since you have decided to make this a big deal.....Please explain to me why the underline font is there, and when it is appropriate for us to use the underline font so I do not cause the world to end accidentally by posting something that apperently is a bigger deal than the topic.

As far as reading it, I posted it for the other 500 members, your avatar, comments as to my sanity and your responces to my pm's has more than told me what you think of me.

P.s Did I use the "Quote" thing right this time?

You're so funny Larry !!!!

kiss_my_ass.gif and I still love ya !!!!!

I would love to explain but I've got other plans for tonight. (Working on the ATC 2013 site) But this should help : http://bit.ly/UsXUFf

Guest THE BIG WORM

Rodman. when you were BOD, I was a State Chair, as a State Chairman we were required by the bi-laws to ho;d events, a number of the State Chairs were concearned about the legal liability of such events and wanted to make sure we were not exposed.....after 6 months of song and dance....they said you were checking it out....we never got that answer.....

I appreciate the work that people do here, but people are people....they make mistakes, they forget,they hold grudges, and will often times act only when it is there self interest........that is the reason for checks and balances and a transparent administration.