Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FJR1

Time Change For White River Fall Classic

Due to a forecast for temperatures in the 30s during the overnight hours of Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 6 and 7, Jim has revamped the time of the White River Fall Classic to Sunday, October 7 from 11 am until 7 pm. Peg draw is at 10 am. --Frank

Thanks for the info Frank, good thing you brought it up. I would have been lonely fishing all night by my self :lol:

Lol I would have come down to see larry..

I've been in Indy/Brownsburg since Friday and it's chilly here. Tonight should see a low of 34 with a high around 50 tomorrow. In other words, bring some warm clothes. Good luck to all participants! Looking forward to the event. --Frank

Heading out my brother's door for the White River Fall Classic. Wind chills will keep us in the 40s today. Maybe the carp will think it's time to start eating heavily for the long winter's nap. We'll see. Good luck to all!--Frank

Results by tournament organizer Jim Donlan:

The White River Fall Classic took place on Sunday Oct. 7th on the White River in Downtown Indianapolis IN from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.

We had 47 anglers show up to fish the tournament. They faced windy, cold, high water, swift current and a poor bite, but they stuck it out to the end.

They ended up with only 10 anglers getting 17 fish. The Winner ended up getting just over 25 lbs of fish (3), and the runner up just under one pound behind with 24 pounds plus. Big fish was 15 lbs flat. The 17 fish combined for just a tad over 130 lbs, with a 7-14 average. There was over $1500 in cash paid out to the winners.

Peg Draw took place at 10am and each peg had a Cheese Dominoes pizza deliver for lunch to their peg. The awards and banquet took place immediately after with a small meal for every one.

Admir Islamovic took the big door prize with a 3 piece set of Optonic remote alarms($159 value). Everyone else received some type of prize from T-shirts to bait bags.

Special thanks to Marukyu Baits for the generous door prizes. They were surely appreciated. Thanks to everyone who braved harsh weather and high water. Thank you to our weighmasters Paige Behanna and Adam Jenkins. Thank you to all of the people who drove from long distances to attend. Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky,Ohio, and Massachusetts were just a few.

Here are the final results.

Overall weight:

1st. Tom Montez (3 fish) 25-4 Trophy ($375)

2nd. Frank Zunk (4 fish) 24-9 Trophy ($275)

3rd. Marshall Burba (2 fish) 20-13 Trophy ($225)

4th. Kenny Murray (2 fish) 16-9 Trophy ($110)

5th. Frank Rink (2 fish) 16-2 Trophy ($75)

6th. Mike Olinger (1) 6-8 Certificate and WCB Bag

7th. Arlef weaver (1) 6-3 Cert. WCB bag

8th. Craig Zunk (1) 6-1 Cert. WCB bag

9th. Gil Huxley (1) 4-14 Cert. WCB bag

10th. Idriz Hozbo (1) 3-13 Cert. WCB bag

Big Fish:

1. Marshall Burba 15-0 Trophy $125

2. Tom Montez 10-0 Medal $100

3. Kenny Murray 9-10 Medal $75

4. Frank Rink 9-4 Medal $50

5. Tom Montez 8-3 $25

Pictures will follow tomorrow: