Carp Anglers Group Forums
DC_Taylor

Boilie Rolling Table

Look at Ken's post that is basically how I have set my tables up. Like he said it really speeds the rolling process up. Thanks Ken.

Quickest way would be with an inverted table , my friend uses this method with tremendious speed , as seen here You can make this setup fast and cheap with some plywood .

I no longer create sausages but rather roll it out with spacers (thickness that gives me the appropriate bait volume once scored).

My setup folds-up flat as I don't have room for a dedicated station; I can get it up-and-running in ~ 5min.

*Note: that parchment paper was an experiment gone wrong...don't do this :lol: A light coating of salmon oil works much better if you're mix is sticking to the rolling board.

post-3938-0-81846300-1354024210_thumb.jp

post-3938-0-84914900-1354024232_thumb.jp

post-3938-0-21340100-1354024247_thumb.jp

Ken out of curiosity how much did it cost and how much time did it take you to make that massive amount of boilies on the first page.

Ken out of curiosity how much did it cost and how much time did it take you to make that massive amount of boilies on the first page.

Got a machine , Out of a failed business venture . Took 6 hours , three guys , a case of beer and some kick az sandwiches my buddies wife made , lol Made 95 lbs from start to finish . that includes mixing base mix , rolling and boiling. And lunch and beer breaks .

Ken and other bulk boilie makers, I am wondering how and what you are using to turn your basemix into paste? I am currently using a Kitchenaide mixer but it only does small amounts at a time and is the most time consuming part of my bait making process. I have been looking at larger mixers but man they are expensive! With the set up I am currently using I am able to knock out 56 lbs in 3 hours on my own but I'm sure there is another way without having to drop a large chunk of change.

Classiccat nice set up. Could you tell me what the device sitting behind the rolling table is in the first pic?

Guest BCLT

I take a large bucket and mix 30 pounds of base mix........with an industrial pain mixer.

Then in a seperate bucket I mix all my wets........

I have a third bucket and two different size scoops...........one wet, one dry............I take a scoop of wet, a scoop of dry (which is exactly 2kgs) and dump it into a another bucket. Then with the pain mixer I mix it............it takes around 30 seconds to mix a 2 KG batch............I ball it up and in a bag it goes to set. then I repeat.......... from the time I mix the base, mix the wet and then blast out 2kg batches it takes around an hour. The longest process is the running it through the table...........I use no gun, I block it, strip it..........then run it through the table. If im doing a large batch just for baiting............its all blocked, stripped, and boiled as chunks.

long story short.........a few big buckets and a heavy duty drill with a paint mixer bit........works great. Small batches done really fast gets it done in no time.

I have tried doing it this way BCLT with little luck, actually took me longer having to knead it after mixing it. But after reading your post I may have tried too much at one time. Thanks for the reply.

Guest BCLT

I did the same thing............was doing 10kgs at a time then having to knead it.............went with 2 kgs, and the mixer just rips through it no effort at all...........then you just push to one side of the bucket and it balls up with no effort, in a bag it goes.

This might help mixing your base mix...

post-180-0-55565400-1354034100_thumb.jpg

You can get big,used Hobart mixers (20-30 qt) on craigslist for as little as $800 (less even) if you look

around.They might have a few years on them but from what I'm told,if the motor is good they'll run for ages.

Looks like I may have too revisit the paint mixer! I can do a 10 egg 1200g mix with the Kitchaide and a blender but that just isnt efficent for me.

They can make any size for you... The one in the pic was something they have to show on the sidewalk...

Thats what I've been looking at Payara. Its just really hard to justify at the moment, at least to the signifigant other. Think if I put it in the corner and threw some coats and hats on it I could pass it off as a cheap coat rack?

Thats what I've been looking at Payara. Its just really hard to justify at the moment, at least to the signifigant other. Think if I put it in the corner and threw some coats and hats on it I could pass it off as a cheap coat rack?

I will buy one at some point.Its the only way to go in the long run if you ask me.You can even make

sausages with some of them,if they have the proper attachments!

Edited by payara

Classiccat nice set up. Could you tell me what the device sitting behind the rolling table is in the first pic?

good eye B)

that's a tool i fabricated for scoring the dough...I bought a bunch of dollar-store pizza cutters...pulled-off the wheels and made arms out of aluminum stock. Then on my table saw I made incremental slots in Oak stock to accept the arms.

It's only a prototype...until I have it optimized, I make light score marks using a 14mm longbase table then slice them using a large taping knife.

Ken and other bulk boilie makers, I am wondering how and what you are using to turn your basemix into paste? I am currently using a Kitchenaide mixer but it only does small amounts at a time and is the most time consuming part of my bait making process. I have been looking at larger mixers but man they are expensive! With the set up I am currently using I am able to knock out 56 lbs in 3 hours on my own but I'm sure there is another way without having to drop a large chunk of change.

Same here...6qt Kitchen-aid (following Ken's lead). It's my rate limiting step however it's gotten better through mix optimization.

good eye B)

that's a tool i fabricated for scoring the dough...I bought a bunch of dollar-store pizza cutters...pulled-off the wheels and made arms out of aluminum stock. Then on my table saw I made incremental slots in Oak stock to accept the arms.

It's only a prototype...until I have it optimized, I make light score marks using a 14mm longbase table then slice them using a large taping knife.

Here's a better look at my sausage-scoring apparatus & the results of my 1st cut with it..as you can see, it needs a little work :lol:

post-3938-0-81303800-1354035546_thumb.jp

Rebelcarp, I used to sell restaurant equipment and supplies- sorry but I've never heard of Husky. My question would be where is it made? It seems the warranty is OK but will parts be available in the future? I would stick with a known brand as Hobart, Blakeslee, etc.

Guest RebelCarp

Rebelcarp, I used to sell restaurant equipment and supplies- sorry but I've never heard of Husky. My question would be where is it made? It seems the warranty is OK but will parts be available in the future? I would stick with a known brand as Hobart, Blakeslee, etc.

what about avantco?

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-mx10-gear-driven-10-qt-commercial-stand-mixer-with-guard-110v/177MX10.html