Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

accordbw

How To Use A Spod / Spomb Video With Some Tips

Cool video Brian,

I didn't think I would pick anything up from it but I did!

As silly as it may now sound, I never used a separate scoop to load the spomb but that is probably because I have been so used to using a spod.

Thanks, good stuff.

Glad you learned something from it! I started using a cup, especially for mixes with lots of seeds or particles in it because it seemed to help not getting anything into the red mechanism. After having a few pieces get into the mechanism and it not latching correctly this seemed to work much better. You can put your palm on one side and lean it so you can fill the spomb to its max also by doing this.

Very Nice Video

Thank you so much :)

:thewave:

Agree with comments above but to help my old body and make the action of retrieving, filling and recasting the Spod as seamless.

I always stand my Spod bucket on top of another bucket. This brings the top of the Spod mix level to just above my crotch, I'm 6'.

As I retrieve to where the empty Spod is about 12' out I lift my rod and the Spod will swing-in at bucket level, catch Spod with left-hand, if rod is in right-hand and scoop next Spod mix in. With practice you can Spod as long as you like with out getting back or knee ache and get twice as much out. Nether used the Spomb so this method may not be the best with it but great for particals and corn.

Hope this helps

Keith

Guest BCLT

cool video........great information for people interested in learning about bait delivery!

very good video Brian !!!
Keep them coming.

already added video to our facebook page of Polonia Carp Team, many new anglers there will learn from it.

thanks

You're going to talk me into a spomb yet. :)

Im going to stay away from it as long as i can, i know for some this is a great approach, but im actually going to be working on your bread pan idea during the winter and test it all year. There are so many "gimicks" out there I can only focus on a few at a time....lol,

There are so many "gimicks" out there I can only focus on a few at a time....lol,

ain't it the truth :)

You're going to talk me into a spomb yet. :)

They do work very well. lol Do you still travel through PA at all? You are more than welcome to try mine out sometime to see if you like it.

very good video Brian !!!

Keep them coming.

already added video to our facebook page of Polonia Carp Team, many new anglers there will learn from it.

thanks

Thank you Paul! I plan on doing a lot of how to videos in hopes that new guys will understand the terms, products and how to use them. Even some videos might have a trick or two for someone who has been doing it a while also. Many more videos on the way!

Agree with comments above but to help my old body and make the action of retrieving, filling and recasting the Spod as seamless.

I always stand my Spod bucket on top of another bucket. This brings the top of the Spod mix level to just above my crotch, I'm 6'.

As I retrieve to where the empty Spod is about 12' out I lift my rod and the Spod will swing-in at bucket level, catch Spod with left-hand, if rod is in right-hand and scoop next Spod mix in. With practice you can Spod as long as you like with out getting back or knee ache and get twice as much out. Nether used the Spomb so this method may not be the best with it but great for particals and corn.

Hope this helps

Keith

Thanks for the idea. I never thought of doing this so I don't have to bend over and over. I will double check but one of the reasons I do like a spomb over the spod is you can get a bigger payload in the spomb. I think its like 1.5 times compared to a spod. I will measure to be sure though.

They do work very well. lol Do you still travel through PA at all? You are more than welcome to try mine out sometime to see if you like it.

Thank ya sir..I think several of the guys here in Ohio have one. Regarding travel through PA...I'm now retired so my long haul days are over....but, always enjoyed the scenery in Pa as long as didn't have to east of Harrisburg LOL.

LOL I can understand that. Congratulations on retirement! Even though we have crazy weather changes it still lets you appreciate what each season has to offer.

Great video Brian!

Thanks!

Thank You! Many more to come.