Carp Anglers Group Forums
Arvand

How to make a home made Spod!

I have made them before, Instead of cutting the holes with a knife I used a drill and a bit. And used weed eater string to attach it. Also helps if you wrap it tight with Gorilla Glue to keep it from splitting

I have made them before, Instead of cutting the holes with a knife I used a drill and a bit. And used weed eater string to attach it. Also helps if you wrap it tight with Gorilla Glue to keep it from splitting

There is a million ways of doing the spod, As stated on the video this is just to show you how its done and you can use your imagination to do as you like. My recomendation is if you have any such bright ideas please share it with everyone and when you see such a post dont try to fix it but encourage it! Please post your ideas for us to learn and make the CAG a better place and not a place to correct others! Cheers!

Arvand... I really appreciate all the DIY carping things you post.

+1, any time buddy! There will be more! Cheers!

Thanks for that Arvand. When fishing slows down( but doesn't stop of course )during the winter months, it's great to still be doing carpy things, like that do it yourself spod. It'll help me get 'my fix.' lol

Thanks guys! Glad your enjoying the video! Fanatic carpers need something to do during the cold Canadian winters. I've polished my rods, re lined my spools and ready for spring :party0012icon::yes:

That's a cool idea. Thanks for sharing it. I cringed a bit when you were using that razor knife to cut holes in the tube. I was saying to my computer screen "use a drill, you're going to cut yourself!"

There is a million ways of doing the spod, As stated on the video this is just to show you how its done and you can use your imagination to do as you like. My recomendation is if you have any such bright ideas please share it with everyone and when you see such a post dont try to fix it but encourage it! Please post your ideas for us to learn and make the CAG a better place and not a place to correct others! Cheers!

I was not trying to bust your chops man. Like you said there are a million other ways to do it I just shared the way I do it. And that was the reason for me saying what I said sorry you were offended by my post. It is a DIY project I was just trying to help.

Thanks guys! Glad your enjoying the video! Fanatic carpers need something to do during the cold Canadian winters. I've polished my rods, re lined my spools and ready for spring :party0012icon::yes:

Good thing about making your own spods is not worrying to much if you lose them, probally 10 bucks a pop from shops.

Getting ready for the spring, have tied over 50 rigs, new batterys in the alarms, respooled the reels even washed the nets, CMON SPRING!!!