Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
Jerome

F F F 2008 - Memories

Today is Dec 27th, 2012. Five days before the 10th edition of the FFF.

Every day until the event, I plan to share a few memories from each of the previous editions of the FFF. Today will be about the 2008 edition.

(that is... this is what I should have said yesterday if I had wrote this on time!)

2008... I was on strike that year - ah, those French guys... Mark Metzger was kind enough to take charge of keeping the event alive.

Here are a few words from Mark summarizing the event in a rather lyrical way!

First of all I would like to thank all the participants of this fun event. What a great way to ring in the new year . We had 137 anglers from all points who braved the elements and the effects of time to ring in the new year in a special carpy way. We had people who fished lakes, some fished rivers, some streams and some paylakes. We had places with great weather and places like were I fished, 84 Pennsylvania that had 28 degree weather , high winds and blowing sleet and snow for part of the night. There was a group of brave souls ( crazy perhaps ) who fished in 8 degree weather thru the ice ( as if there would be any other way in those temps)
happy.gif

We had big fish caught , we had some tiny little fish caught . There were commons and mirrors caught and then there were no fish caught but like me ...we had fun anyway.

In Tennessee, Wayne Trapp rocked the boat, catching a 31lb monster and securing both the Monster award and the Emperor award. Hardcore Frank Rink lagged Wayne only by a couple of pounds, both exceeding 100 pounds that day.

Wayne%2031-3lb.jpg

Jedidiah and Ray Eichelberger did not win the baby award this time, although they caught a 12oz and a 14oz mirrors! The unstoppable Gordon boys (here Joey) caught an even more minuscule 9oz carp. Joey Gordon caught a total of 82lb of carp, but Willy Gordon did slightly better with 86lb to win the Prince award.

Gordon%27s%20family.jpg

This tiny mirror caught by Jedidiah looks really cool!

post-1098-1199328597.jpg

Alex Vasilic caught a superb mirror of 21lb, except that... I can't find the corresponding pic! So I'll include another neat pic from DC/CA, Pat Kerwin and Lia, of course...

Pat%20%26%20Lia.jpg

In Illinois, the guys caught fish while braving a 45mph wind... And found a way to make great pictures as well.

Here is Frank Rink sunrise winner pic

Sunrise%20award.jpg

And hey, who's that? wink.png

Chicago%2520%25285%2529.jpg

There were numerous real cool winter pics taken that year. Do check the full photo album.