Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brid

ATC Pegs?

Anyone local (or not!) interested in pruning/prepping pegs for the event? If we get a few caring souls together, we can knock it out pretty quickly.

thanks Brid,,,,,,I know Mike is on it as well,,,,you guys are great,

I don't know if the Pennisula and Mid-Pennisula Swims will be pegged, but I was there yesterday (Feb 4th) and the whole parking area was shut down for major work. It looked like it would be unavailable for quite a while. Might be worth a phone call...

ill be up for it if I'm available that day

Thanks man - we really need as much help as we can get.

I'm NOT in any way asking this in an 'official' capacity, just know we need to get swims cleaned up for it to be good for everyone fishing the event.

As far as liaising with the city for permission to clear swims - again, I'm keeping my nose out. An ATC official needs to do that ASAP.

The year I asked (as a participant from out of State) the City for 'Grass Passes' to be able to drive vehicles to far flung swims such as the Gazebo, Redbud etc, they were only too pleased to help, and all you had to do was go to the office and get a pass.

There are (I assume?) going to be a few pegs that will be a 'bear' to get to this year, and we need to have all the necessary permissions to help us get to our swims - without trauma.

Only a few weeks till we are fishing -- and much needs doing!

Neil has excelled beyond imagination for his last ATC, and raised incredible attention. Shall we let it fall on it's face due to matters that CAG officials should be VERY aware of -- yet are NOT addressing -- and could possibly sort out?

This is my last post asking for help (not my job) and my last thoughts about what Neil has done for us all.

Raised attention to a level that has never been seen before, and introduced many new sponsors to our event.

What is his 'Pay Off' ? He will hopefully walk away with a big smile on his face, after all his hard work - and a successful event, and very correctly go down in the annals as the best ATC organizer/event we've ever had.

Without help getting the swims prepped, talking to the City, we stand a very big chance of letting a lot of folks down with their ATC experience.

Nuff said,

Brid.

we'll be ok...Ive worked with Mike in the past, and he's on top of things,,the guy works 14 hours a day, he will not let anyone down ,,putting on a major event is all about team work Mike and Brooke are in it talked to them yesterday, and they are good on this and other things that need to be done for the boil..would be nice if everyone had 6 hours a day to just dedicate to this but that ain't gonna happen,,,,,as for the grass passes, they are no longer being issued, edict from the city,at least that is what I was told by the powers to be,,,,,no worries,,,,,,gonna be a great time ! What I;d like is everyone to CHILL.....and do their part to make it a memorable event, Lord knows I have,,,,,all will be fine,

I got the day off. I am going to post a map of the swims and I would love everybodys feedback that knows the lake. If you know of a good spot thats not on there I will be more than happy to work with you. I have scouted these pegs on what little time I have had in the past 4 months. As far as clearing the pegs we have permission to clear anything we want as long as we leave the trees alone. Im not posting this map to hear anybody complain about the swims. I am posting it for help. Thank you in advance.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205803302843329943660.0004b591944c2a1b7de8c&msa=0&ll=30.244915,-97.718732&spn=0.005357,0.011373

Edited by Atxwheeler

Mike, looks great!!! need to get directions from the hotel to each peg,,,,,,,then Ill get it in the owrks,,,,love ya man,,,,,,

Thanks for the Map. Once it is finalized will you be able to add a brief description of each peg? Doesn't have to be a big description just an overview such as, shallow area, weedy,rocky etc. As a newbie to the event this would help a great deal so I can have an idea what I am looking at when I have a drive around the pegs, the day before the event.

Melrose is out,,,,could not get the buoys out of there,,,,,,,had to give to the rowing clubs, the rest of the lake is ok

also after the issues that were happening at the statue with dogs we are still pegging it? mike you got my number still? text me if you need help on something im more then willing to help!

Hey Mike,

First off I want to say thanks for all the work putting together the pegs and thanks to anyone else helping ya. For those that have never been to the ATC, the area is pretty dang big to get details on every spot.....KUDOS DUDES!!

I see you did not peg the dog swim...excellent!!!

I would highly suggest that you add a peg in between Penn Tip and Penn Middle. There is plenty of space and we all know that is a very hot peg. I fished it last year thinking there should be a team where my bro fished (from the point) and where I was fishing roughly 40-50 yeards away directly across from the dog swim. I really believe you can fit 2 teams there and it would even the playing field a bit more.

if you created 2 pegs there, both teams would catch and everyone would be happy as chit, getting either one.

Other than that, looking forward to seeing you and everyone else again.

tight lines,

Andy

thats a tight area to peg 2 teams at Andy, 3 people fishing pen middle is tight enough let alone 4 people

thats a tight area to peg 2 teams at Andy, 3 people fishing pen middle is tight enough let alone 4 people

Nah, I fished it last year. Plenty of space. No matter what, if 2 pegs are created there both teams would catch and that is what is most important.

I could personally care less about the comfort of space...I would trade that for a higher chance of fishing an area with fish anyday.

Again, just a strong suggestion and if it is taken into consideration then great, if not so be it.

Andy you had 2 team hauling around you last year on Friday, yet you blanked and looked pretty comfortable in your swim! Pegs may be a little tight in some area but trying to get everyone on fish is the point.

features are a good thing,,,,,,can't be snaggier than places that other tourneys take place on

Great job Mike many thanks,

Just curious about one thing.Will the names of the swims be on the maps this year or just the coordinates to them?

Mike - thanks for all your work man :party0012icon: I've never fished Mopac - and don't know about the snaggy deal? Why not peg Pleasant Valley? Easy to get to, and the last known 40+ Common (before the Gazebo record) came from there, along with Keith getting old split tail at a record weight. I know it's not put out for a while, however - might throw out a surprise or two? I see you have a couple in the Dead Zone. The banks are pretty steep there, and might be a bear landing fish?

I realize you only have so much to work with!! B&J's is tight for a team, but has put some nice fish out - might be worth considering?

Tight Lines,

Brid.

I'll be happy to fish anywhere that had better weather than I have right now!