Carp Anglers Group Forums
Blacksheep

Apr. 13 - 5 Bridges Big 5 Tournament - Joliet, IL

Im thinking of setting up an Event in Joliet. It will be a slightly larger entry fee, ( 100% payback).

Sun up to sundown.

1st, 2nd, 3rd place total weight

1st, 2nd, 3rd place big fish

Trophies for both 1st place finishers in both catagories.

Food and beverages included.

If you would be interested in an event like this please let me know, if there are 10 or more anglers interested I will go ahead setting a date, ect.

If your interested please let me know with the dates your available, Im thinking spring or early summer.

I'd be interested in any date you set up, sounds like a great time

I'm in! It will be a distinct pleasure to have someone else organize an event. Thanks, Larry! I hope we get 10, but you might get more commitment if you indicate your idea about entry fee and give us a series of potential dates. Rather than having each individual tell you on what dates he/she is available, I've found it works better if you give us some dates that fits your schedule, and we can go from there.

I'd suggest that you not schedule on the following conflicting dates:
June 1-2 - Midwest Regional Tournament
June 8-9 - Two Rivers Tournament
June 22 - Walters Cup in Joliet

I personally don't like Joliet events scheduled on Sunday, but that's your call. Thanks. --Frank

:yes::yourock::yes:

That's at least 6 and you haven't even heard from some of the locals. Looking good!

Alright, Im going to need everyones input/opinions on these matters. Please e-mail me or PM me with your feedback so one is not critisized for his/her opinions or suggestions.Please adress each matter seperately. Majority will rule on all of these matters.

Im thinking of an April date, reason being is alot of us will be at the Lagoon during the month of May.Not to mention I haven't heard from Tracy for the WCCL.

April 4th, April 13th, April 27th?

Im thinking of Saturday.. Reason being, it is going to be a dawn to dusk event and some of us have a longer ride home than others.?

Entry fee's. $50.00 total weight and $25.00 big fish. $75.00 total for the day.?

Payout 100% of entry fee. 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place finishes in both total weight and big fish. Trophy & cash for 1st in total weight, trophy and cash for 1st in big fish.

cash for 2nd and 3rd in both catagories.

Minimum #of anglers 8, maximum #of anglers 16.

Trophies, food and beverages supplied by me.

Since we have 6 anglers showing intrest in this event, as soon as I get feed back on the above issues from all of you we can set some of the issues in stone.

I probably forgot something, but we have time.

Sorry for some of the spelling also.

Anglers so far

Grahame J.

Tony M.

Cory B.

Frank R.

Larry S.

Carphammer

Carphammer is Dave Marceau.

Still open to other idea's also, if you may have any.

As a citizen of Joliet, can you pull some strings to keep those river-wide barges out of my swim? :P

As a citizen of Joliet, can you pull some strings to keep those locals from asking me for a quarter for a cup of coffee or for a dollar for a bus ride back to the city? :P

As a citizen of Joliet, can you pull some strings to get that wife-killer a sentence of longer than 38 years? :o

As a citizen of Joliet, can you pull some strings to keep those river-wide barges out of my swim? :P

As a citizen of Joliet, can you pull some strings to keep those locals from asking me for a quarter for a cup of coffee or for a dollar for a bus ride back to the city? :P

As a citizen of Joliet, can you pull some strings to get that wife-killer a sentence of longer than 38 years? :o

IL see what I can do about the first 2 issues listed above, but i will leave it up to you on the 3rd issue seeing he was from Bolingbrook.

IL see what I can do about the first 2 issues listed above, but i will leave it up to you on the 3rd issue seeing he was from Bolingbrook.

LOL. :D

I think larry if it's I joliet Jim the man at the park district could help us too he said anything we need just ask we had police when we had the 48hour one was great ti. E besides the weather

I think larry if it's I joliet Jim the man at the park district could help us too he said anything we need just ask we had police when we had the 48hour one was great ti. E besides the weather

Thanks Cory,I dont think we'll need anything from the City, but if this turns out to be larger than I think it's going to be then i will talk to him.

Keep in mind it's going to be sunrise to sunset, appox. 13 hours long.

Just an example: If it happens to be on April 13, 2013 Sunrise 6:15am

Sunset 7:31pm

I found a few questions and sugestions in my PM's.

I will not limit the number of anglers for this event to 16. But as most of you know it is hard to get 16 anglers together on the same date to fish in Joliet.

Someone mentioned if donations (tackle, gear, hoodies) will be accepted for prizes for anglers not placing in the top 3 spots (cash winning positions) for both catagories.

Sure they will be accepted, and greatly appreciated.

Someone mentioned if I have thought of having this a big 5 event. Just so if one angler draws a very fishful peg he or she doesnt walk away with the whole event before noon.

Im trying to gather some help on peg service for lunch, reason being if we all meet for lunch some of us will have to leave thier gear unattended which isnt a good idea for this area.

Had a response of having the entry fee increased to $75.00 for total weight or big 5 whichever it ends up to be, and $25.00 for big fish entry.

my suggestion. Take the number of anglers we have and take that number of the top fish producing pegs and use only those pegs.

Example: 10 anglers fishing in the event, we will take the top 10 fish producing pegs and only use those pegs.

Another one of my opinions. With this event being a longer session, I think everyone should be fishing next to someone else (nobody fishes alone). We all know Joliet isnt a place you would like to dose off. Most of the better pegs are next to one of the next better pegs. ( if you understand that).

And Im just waiting for a couple of more PM's to set the date. I think thats going to be the most important issue.Then we can go on to other issues.

Please sound off on the above matters as much as you like.

Larry.

Larry put me and andy Burangiel on the list. If there will not be any conflict with my schedule I am in.

Maybe a little bit extravagant idea but how about to name this event Illinois Carp Championship and make it similar to Wisconsin Carp Championship two days event :)

I am ready to help if you need any

Thanks to number 7 Paul Sander and number 8 andy B.

This event is a go!

Thanks for the offer to help Paul, I appretiate it. But im trying to keep it fairly simple.