Carp Anglers Group Forums
Neil Stern

The 2013 AUSTIN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS are over

Just got home, and had to post something....

The Michigan Crews were OUTSTANDING !!!! the certainly kicked some TEXAS BUTT ...it really does my heart good to see some "YOUNG GUNS" rise to the top to take first and 2nd place,,,,, and of course 3rd place went to past President Andy Springle, and his lovely bride Nikki...

it was a friendly knock down drag out race all the way,,,,for positions on the score card, as well as Big Fish (Common) and Big Buff...the Corn Boil went Great, Thanks to Mike Wheeler and Brooke, and I have to thank August,his brother, wife , Kevin,and others in the ACA ( Austin Carp Anglers) for their assistance with pegging and being Marshals ///could not have happened without them/////

Weather cooperated with us,,,,a little cooler on Friday than I would have liked it to have been but Saturday was wonderful !!!

Banquet was great, had a representative from the mayors office and some special entertainment, as well as a slide presentation by parks and wild life which thanked us again for our involvement and produced some stats that indeed verified that LADY BIRD LAKE was a primo carp area, and re-inforced the fact that the new regulations about the lake being a sanctuary were going to be strictly enforced !!!

We made a few bucks on the Auction, and the food was pretty decent !

I've got to again thank our sponsors for what they did to make the event a success these CAG social events, the ATC and the CCC would be really sad without their support,,,,,,Dennis ( Resistance Tackle) the 2 Hurricanes were raffled off as you requested,thanks again ,,

there were really Big fish captured, and a Chit load of 30's and a bigger chit load of mid to high 20's

there will be pictures posted I'm sure as guys and gals get back,,,,,,this was the first ATC to have so many young Anglers, and so Many Women, and so many break their personal bests.....just an incredible good time......

so who is going to step up to the plate to organize it next year ???? I can't do it again,,and have retired from that position,,

and if all goes well next year I'll be fishing it :)

so of all the hundreds of pictures taken that I have seen,,,,,,this one is my favorite,,,,,post yours, and keep this thread going with your comments,,,,,

post-710-0-71729100-1361730503_thumb.jpg

Where would we be without people like you Neil, even though ive never been anywhere near it ,its great that you and the locals put this event on and looks like it went well, big well done for you and everyone else involved.

Neil, few people if any have done for this club what you have. We all are in debt to you. Thanks for everything you have done; it's an honor to work with you.

Thanks also to all other volunteers that made this event a slamming success. It's you guys that make the CCC and ATC the best carp angling events in the US. Full write up by the ATC top three in the next NACA!

I enjoyed watching everything unfold. Please accept my thanks for all that you do Neil and to all that worked on the event. To all that participated , Well done. :party0012icon:

Had a blast at this years ATC! I would like to give a huge thanks to Neal for all the hard work and dedication he put into this event. I would also like to thank Mike, August, Kevin, Ashley, Brooke, and all the other Texas guys and gals that made this event what it was! I will definitly be returning next year and hope that it is as much of a success as this years ATC. Here are the three PB's our team broke during this years ATC.

Dads new PB Common at 37lb 2oz

post-7096-0-05021400-1361747836_thumb.jp

My new PB Common at 34lb 2oz

post-7096-0-56137600-1361748012_thumb.jp

My New PB Buff at 36lb, and the first buff of 2013 ATC

post-7096-0-19480800-1361748117_thumb.jp

Neil and co, hats off to one of the best ATCs in memory! Without your hard work, dedication, and passion for the sport, the ATC and CAG would be much worse for wear.

Neil, I'd personally like to thank you and hopefully will see you fishing in next year's ATC :) Can't wait to see who steps up to the plate and takes over...I'm sure the ATC will be in good hands!

What an amazing finish for you, Neil. Just seeing the few pics posted by Brian, this says it all. You can go rest now... Job well done. Amazingly well done.

Had such a great time in Texas at the ATC this year. This venue is truly a special place the fish are big and hard fighting, the city is beautiful and the people I met there were some of the finest people around. I would like to extend a huge thank you to Neil and all the other people who worked so hard to make this event what it is and to all the people I met there that made me feel welcome.

Had such a great time in Texas at the ATC this year. This venue is truly a special place the fish are big and hard fighting, the city is beautiful and the people I met there were some of the finest people around. I would like to extend a huge thank you to Neil and all the other people who worked so hard to make this event what it is and to all the people I met there that made me feel welcome.

. Had to be really special to not only win but, win with your son. Very nice.

Neil, Willem and all of the local guys and girls did an amazing job organizing and running this event. Everything ran like clockwork, due to the amount of time and effort you all put in and it was a pleasure to fish the event. The fishery is fantastic with PB's for many of the anglers and some amazing catches taking place. Even though it was difficult fishing for myself it was great to see the pictures and reports coming out throughout both days. Congratulations to the winner's, good peg(s) or not, they still had to catch the fish which they did a fantastic job of.

I would definitely recommend this event. Not only well run, all of the competitor's were very friendly and it was a real relaxed atmosphere. You also have a chance to catch some stunning fish. I for one will be back next year.

Hats off to the winners for a great showing and a well deserved payoff for all their hard work and the dedication it takes to win such an event. Dr Stern has to be one of the most dedicated and giving persons I have ever met. His hard work will live in the memories of many for a lifetime, including myself. Thanks to all the anglers who traveled from near and far, to put it all on the line, making this an event unequaled. At the end of this event there were no loosers, only better anglers. Cheers to all.

Regards

Tom.

My wife and I didn't participate in the ATC but we walked around and met most of the teams. Without exception, every carper we met was friendly and open about techniques, baits, rigs, etc. Several folks even insisted on giving us some little bit of gear, bait or gizmo. The Austin Carp Anglers are a classy group, too. They have made our stay in Austin exceptionally nice. If we can swing it we'll be participating next year, or the year after. We've got a few days left before we leave, and we're still fishing. Banked a 33-13 and a 23-8 today. Clifton from Dallas RAN about a half mile to help us out when he saw Doreen and I on a double hook up! Carpers are really special people.

Don & Doreen Geidel

A very big THANK YOU to Neil,Willem,Mike and the Austin Carp Anglers for all they did this year to make sure the event went as well as it did.

To all that attended and fished,it was great to meet and spend time with you all.It's great to see a our sport growing with the younger anglers that are coming into the fold.We couldn't ask for better people to spend time on the bank with.For the ones from out of state,you are more than welcome to come back any time you'd like

Hell of a job by everyone that was a part of this.simply put outstanding.

Thanks to those that have responded so far,,,,,,this AUSTIN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP...is not only about TEAMWORK on the part of the anglers, but about TEAMWORK for the event organizers , Mike, Brooke, August the ACA. their wives , the City of Austin for bailing us out a few times with tickets :) and of course Willem, who did his special magic on the leader board. I hope to, finally fish it next year. so please someone step up to the plate and take the organization of the 2014 ATC over.......infrastructure is pretty much all there,,

Grats again to everyone that attended,,,and especially those Michigan guys, can't tell you how proud I am to see the sport in the hands of youngsters, and theyu didn't even flinch when I told them that there were GATORS in their swims :)

here's another little gem from our Vice President,,,,,

thanks to Neil and everyone for the great event. I will also be back again. with or with out a team member

Not much to add. Great event, and I'm hoping to be one of the Michigan crew coming down for it next year... ;-)

Neil has huge shoes to fill for the next event but I'm sure someone in Texas will step up and make it great!

Third place went to Blondie, Andy only netted her winning catches. Was real happy to see all the fatties caught and a job well done by all. Time to throw down the gauntlet to you Neil, come and fish it next year and I'll give you some birdseed boilies to CATCH with. lol

I want to extend my gratitude to Neil for not only putting on world Class events but for also letting me crash on the coach lol thanks Neil!

No problems Zack, go get em today,,,,,,,Bubba, I;m all over the 2014 ATC, soon as the new organizer sets a date, gets the good weather requests in, and talks to the CARP GODS like I did :_)

Awesome show, I followed the event from start to finish and it helped to ease the cabin fever. Great job by the organizers and competitors. Congrats to the winners. This event is on my bucket list. :D

Congratulations to the Michigan young lads for winning the ATC and to everybody that caught.

A great event all round and well organized............Neil it will be great to see you on the bank next time :yes:

Looking forward to next year :swimminfish: