Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

CHIBIGTEE

info on Windy City Carp League 2013

Hello guys, Tracy here. Sorry about taking so long to post. My general health and Rt. hand haven't been very cooperative. Also mom is being transferred from the ICU to a regular room today. I'm one who doesn't want to start something that I can't finish. That being the case, I'm going to need alittle help from you all. I have a preliminary schedule that needs to be tweaked. Because of all the events scheduled for this year and many of the league fishers wanting to fish them, Nothing is set in stone yet. The 2 areas with which I need your input is 1) How many of you still want to fish(I know summer plans are made for most of you) and 2) Does the prelim schedule fit your summer. The dates I believe are OK--- Sunday May 5th--Sunday June 23---Sunday July 14th----Sunday August 11th----Sunday September 8th. The answers I get to question 1 will determine the venue locations The number of fishers will also help determine which system we'll fish under. I also understand that there may not be enough fishers to have the league this year. I do want to hear from you. Can you also help with informing the fishers you know that this has been posted. P.S If it turns out to be a small group, All of the past venues will come into play including Joliet for those die hards that want to participate. Thanks again later

Tracy-- I am in! The only scheduling problem I see is that the May 12 date falls on Mother's Day. I would not be able to make that one. I would suggest May 5. Yes, it falls on a Winnebago, WI event, but how many are actually planning on driving to Winnebago?

I hope things get better for you in the coming weeks. Have you considered just having five separate events rather than a league? I think our recent experience has shown there is a better turnout if anglers can pick and choose which events to attend.

Thanks for the opportunity to fish the WCCL again. I never do very well in it, but it's an enjoyable, well-organized league.--Frank

Thanks Frank. I knew there was something I was missing. (note change in 1st post)

New schedule looks good, Tracy. Yes, I'm in for all dates. Thanks.--Frank

Because of my late start, I'm leaning towards convience. Individual events would be easier.

A little over four weeks until May 5. Any word, Tracy, on format, locations, entry fees, etc.? Thanks.--Frank

Does anyone have any word about details for the scheduled August 11 Windy City Carp League tournament? It's less than a week away, and some information would be helpful for planning purposes. Thanks! --Frank