Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brid

Stolen property Tragedy

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it in other threads here, as plenty of folks know about it?

On getting to our peg on Sat AM, my partner Christine found out her new Delkim TXI+ alarms were missing from her gear.

They were apparently stolen from the back of their (She & husband Tony) van, when they were in the hotel for the peg draw on Sat. "Fully loaded" with all the bells and whistles, snag bars/d-locks etc, it is a huge blow for them - representing a lot of outlay. Anyone with even an inkling of where they went should help to get them back to their rightful owner. What an awful thing for someone experiencing only their 2nd ATC to endure.

Seems it was a bad weekend for us Carpers, as there have apparently been several cases of Carpers having money extorted from their bank accounts? Sorry for the bad news -- but hope any publicity will help get Christine's alarms back to her.

That sucks hard to believe a "SPORTSMAN" would rob another probably same kind of sportsman that leaves trash all over the banks. Hope somebody steps up and gets them back to her.

That sucks hard to believe a "SPORTSMAN" would rob another probably same kind of sportsman that leaves trash all over the banks. Hope somebody steps up and gets them back to her.

Yeah -- Sort of odd that the only folks around the hotel at 5am were those at the peg draw. There was plenty of other gear in there that could have been stolen -- but only the Delks went missing. Seems whoever stole them knew what they were targeting?

Brid it is very sad about Christine's Delkims getting taken. But as far as the the money that started before the ATC I was not involved in the ATC and I received info from my Bank that my account had been compromised and they sent me a new card. I do believe it may be something we all have in common Possibly a Vendor

I heard about this at the banquet its unbelievable that happen it sucks so bad this happen to her she's a awesome person.

Was the van locked? Nothing lower that a thief. If a non-carper took them, what would be the value or demand at a pawn shop or flea market?

My father always said there were people who would steal Christ off the cross and then go back after dark for the nails.

Based on what Christine told me, the Delks could have disappeared anytime from leaving the bank the night before.

The fact that nothing else was taken from the van looks more like they could have been dropped in the dark the night before leaving the bank.

There was thousands of dollars in the back of that van.

Not saying it was not stolen, just that anything is possible.

Suggesting that any of the anglers at the ATC would have been involved in stealing from them is a VERY serious statement to make.

I suggest anybody feeling like making accusations think twice since such accusations without and grounds to base it on can have serious legal consequences.

Brid it is very sad about Christine's Delkims getting taken. But as far as the the money that started before the ATC I was not involved in the ATC and I received info from my Bank that my account had been compromised and they sent me a new card. I do believe it may be something we all have in common Possibly a Vendor

I was just hacked this weekend $400 cleaned out of one of my accts, 4 separate charges to FTD.com. went to the Bank yesterday to straighten it out. I have only used a couple CAG vendors. Not saying this is connected with anything, but it is a pain in the A$$.

Sorry to here about the Delks. :(

I'm with Willem here, why just cop a few Delks, when you could have had rods, reels, etc, etc,,,,,could have been left on the bank in the dark, who knows, but if some SLUG did steal them, I hope he or she rots in Haites

Christine is a nice gal that really doesny desere to get chit on that way,,

Based on what Christine told me, the Delks could have disappeared anytime from leaving the bank the night before.

The fact that nothing else was taken from the van looks more like they could have been dropped in the dark the night before leaving the bank.

There was thousands of dollars in the back of that van.

Not saying it was not stolen, just that anything is possible.

Suggesting that any of the anglers at the ATC would have been involved in stealing from them is a VERY serious statement to make.

I suggest anybody feeling like making accusations think twice since such accusations without and grounds to base it on can have serious legal consequences.

Willem -- We have established the Delks WERE in the van when we left our swim Friday, and as far as I know, were there when they left for the draw. Shame the cops weren't called as I don't think there's any way an insurance Co will 'play ball' without at least a police report being filed? Chris is pretty careful with her gear, and was so happy to have the new alarms.

As a note to Delkim owners it is well worth making a record of the numbers beneath the bar code located on the original box and also inside the battery compartment. This might help us track any alarms that go missing and give support to an insurance claim.

Hopefully the missing Delks are recovered :(

Either way this is a very sad situation, knowing these Delks are a very expensive piece of equipment to lose or be stolen.

When we got back to Alabama and looked at our account, we realized that $170 had vanished from our account, it had happened in Austin so our Bank had told us.

Just what we needed................................................

Either way this is a very sad situation, knowing these Delks are a very expensive piece of equipment to lose or be stolen.

When we got back to Alabama and looked at our account, we realized that $170 had vanished from our account, it had happened in Austin so our Bank had told us.

Just what we needed................................................

The fraud is in no way related to Austin, Texas, or the ATC.

El Presidente, methinks you doth protesteth too much. The facts may come into focus over time, if at all.

LOL what a joke. Thanks for the laugh

I was hit on a card Wednesday that I haven't used on any of our vendors.

I used it the previous weekend for room and restaurants in DFW.

I've made 2 posts on this topic that have mysteriously gone AWOL -- looking for answers. Mods -- why?

Why is this a joke?? Lots of money has been stolen.

I assume he is pointing out the obvious fact tha Scott suggested CAG could be the the one compromised and that's how the CCards got hacked. Specially when CAG makes use of PayPal and do not conduct any financial transactions not using PayPal.

I think it sucks that cards got used and its causing so many anglers pain and discomfort.

But those trying to bring BS politics into this are even worse.