Carp Anglers Group Forums
Texas Carper

First Fish In of the Year?

I'm getting ready to start setting up the fish ins.I'd like your in put on where y'all would like to start off with the first one.

Let's get a list going so we can put it to a vote.

Emma Long

Emma sounds good

Hubbard!

YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME,,,,,,,,,

set it up and Carl and I will probably be there,,,,,,

well joe, i know waco was a bust last time, but i think we shouldnt count it out. emma would be ok with me but depending on the date there is a high chance i wont make it due to funds and cost of emma long. decker would be cool too, or maybe stillhouse again. if you wanted to keep it somewhat close to dfw, there is always whiterock, grapevine, lake worth, and a bunch more as you know.

Grapevine

Ray Hubbard

Anywhere there's 20# and over fish... :yes:

There have been so many fish-ins and get togethers at Emma so lets hit a place not fished much, Sandlin has a decent population of commons and buffalo up to 82 lbs, I really think it is worth a shot.

Joe and I were there and caught commons up to 17lbs, I really think there are many 20s to be caught, maybe 30s, who knows

where at Sandlin,,,is there enough space in one area to accomdate 10 or so anglers?

when we were there our main concern was a place to camp but if I recall there was ample fishing spots available, let me talk to Joe and see if he recalls the area we fished at.

now that I think about it yes there is ample space for 10 or more anglers, just not much area for camping.

just looked at the map you guys have some nice looking lakes in every direction

set it up dude......we'll be there with perhaps a few more anglers as well........

keep it friendly,,,no peg draws, just a fish in.....see if we can do a cook out,,,

Waiting to see a few more suggestions.I'd like to see all or most members post something which is why I've done it this way.

The Texas members deserve a choice and say so it what goes on.I will keep it just as social fish ins unless there's an interests in other things as well.

brazos were a lot of you guys have nailed them. that place looked great just sucks we couldnt fish it

that place is good and has lots of space. me and carl and neil fished it a while back, and i got a 25.5 common. thats been the biggest for me there so far so i think it holds bigger fish!

but will it work if 8-10 people show up?