Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dries988

Wychwood Combo

I was looking into my first euro setup, I don't really need it for the untouched waters I fish, my walleye rods work just fine. I just thought it would be a nice new experience to try out a longer rod and a baitrunner. Any opinions on the wychwood combo for sale on BigCarpTackle?

i dont have any experience with wychwood combo. but for the same price you can get a 4500 daiwa regal plus and a mad dragon rod. both have great reviews and being used by multiple anglers.

I agree with socal. The Daiwa mad dragon/ Regal combo is a great starter/ euro combo.

Thanks guys! I'll look into it. I should probably get a mat and a proper net first. Needless to say my carp care has been poor. Living in an area where most people shoot carp instead of fish for them I never learned about proper handling.

proper handling with mat in net will be first in my list.

thats how i started then bought reels
(daiwa regals). have not bought rods yet i still have some 9ft shimano rod that run under 20

resistance and bfs have good cheap landing mats as far as net some sporting good stores sell the proper net just not really wide bought my first carp friendly net for about 25.

when you catch carp on your carp specific net dont pull it out the water by the handle but by the net i made that mistake and bent the net handle first day

Sounds like your off to a good start. There's plenty of tips and info here. Most people are friendly and will help out. Good luck with your fishing