Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

accordbw

Larysa Unleashed on NBC including the ATC

post-2370-0-90407900-1362710873_thumb.jp

Larysa Switlyk, host of Larysa Unleashed and Larysa Unleashed Gone Fishin' www.LarysaUnleashed.com, Austin Team Championship Carp Fishing Tournament Teaser! -

Fantastic,,,,,,so glad we hooked up ( no pun intended) and you got her to do the ATC,,,,,,,,Great !!! couldn't want better pr for the Club OR the event !!!

Great video! Hope that it sends a message of the fun or carping. Isn't it odd that we can have so much fun catching trash fish (trash according to some)? I always ask those people what the biggest FW fish that they have caught. My PB of 16-8 tops them.

does anyone know if/when it will air on NBC Sports?

I'm sure Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston & Hank Parker would make room for her in the Saturday morning line-up!

does anyone know if/when it will air on NBC Sports?

I'm sure Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston & Hank Parker would make room for her in the Saturday morning line-up!

It will be on NBC for sure as her new show airs this year. I am not sure when this episode will air though if it will be 2013 or 2014. I will find out and let everyone know. There will be more carp fishing episodes but keep in mind she does all forms of hunting and fishing so it will not be strictly a carp related show.

Kind of strange as she also does BOW FISHING for species like carp.......not my thing and she's not that hot.

Kind of strange as she also does BOW FISHING for species like carp.......not my thing and she's not that hot.

Are you saying the Asian Carp she shot are like the common carp we fish for? If that's the case, statements like that only help bowfisherman justify what they do. Jimmy Houston and Babe Winkleman aren't that hot either but they put out some pretty good programming and have been successful, I think we should support other carpers when they try to feature carp as a sportfish instead of trolling on forums with irrelevent criticisms.

Are you saying the Asian Carp she shot are like the common carp we fish for? If that's the case, statements like that only help bowfisherman justify what they do. Jimmy Houston and Babe Winkleman aren't that hot either but they put out some pretty good programming and have been successful, I think we should support other carpers when they try to feature carp as a sportfish instead of trolling on forums with irrelevent criticisms.

I was thinking along the same lines.

From what I understand she only bowfished for Asian carp and not common. From what I understand she will not bowfish for common or buffalo as she only fishes for them. Having someone recognize carp as a sportfish and not a trash fish is also a big step especially when it will be on NBC. There are actually quite a few ex bowfisherman on this site that once they gave carp a chance with a rod and reel they layed down the bow so even if this changes the mind of a few people that is an accomplishment in itself I would say.

What does being hot have to do with anything? There is not a lot of women hunters and fisherwomen so I would imagine NBC is trying to market this as a niche since she does both in many varieties.

+1 Hawkeye. I think it´s awesome carp finally get some positive attention by main stream media. Well done to all involved!

She's a great lady with los of pizaaz truly puts her hear and sould into whatever she is doing,,,,I think, for what it's worth we are indeed fortunate to have this young lady in our sport. I spent some time with her and Ken at the AT and she is great for our goals as a club

I think it is great. I have already posted the videos up on other forums here and the response is all positive.