Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

FJR1

Congrats, Marcin Szydlowski, for 39+!

Huge congrats to Illinoisan Marcin Szydlowski for catching what may be the new "big fish" from the Chicago River. Marcin recently posted the 39 pound, 3 ounce carp in the Spring 2013 TOKS Big 4 contest, and tournament director Ken Keene has just featured the fish on the TOKS site. Well done, Marcin! That's HUGE! --Frank

marcin_chicagoriver_3903.jpg

Wow !!!!! and here you are struggling for 1st to 40 :D

Dr. Paul Pezalla caught this 38-2 a couple years ago at a swim not far from Marcin's 39-3 catch. Same fish? It looks like the same fish to me. If so, it's a nice reflection on Paul's catch and release procedures, a testament to the relative health of the Chicago River, and another "trophy" on Marcin's list of impressive results.--Frank

38-2BW.jpg

Congratulations Marcin! A truly superb specimen that is for sure. Looks like a lot of spring activity in the contest already and some outstanding fish. Thank you for competing!

Congartulation for Marcin and full nice write ups from this catch will be posted soon.

Just for clarification Frank, fish was caught not even close to the place were Paul caught his fish and it is not definitly same fish and this fish and other 4 over 30 lbs carp from the same spot for last month, are effects of proper boilies baiting campaign for last month and a half (great thanks to Andy Burnagiel for baiting swim almost everyday)

post-4522-0-44900500-1364350624_thumb.jp

post-4522-0-43432600-1364350642.jpg

Cant wait for full report and more news from Chicago River. This River is HOT lately !!!!!!!

It sure looks like the same fish to me and "close" is a relative term. But it doesn't matter. Great catches whether or not it's the same fish and whether or not the locations can be defined as close in proximity. Nice job, Andy B., for baiting up the swim with proper boilies! :yourock:

Frank, Its clearly not the same fish. Lets not try to take away from Marcin's accomplishment.

Exhibit A

marcincagpicfrank.jpg

Exhibit B

marcincarfrnks-1.jpg

Clearly there is an irregular pattern in the scales of Marcin's fish, while Paul's fish has nice even patterned scales. There is also a distinct difference in dorsal fin length between both fish.

Sorry, I don't know who you are, boostbaron, but suggesting a possible repeat catch does not diminish and is not intended to lessen Marcin's outstanding accomplishment. It may or may not be a repeat catch. No big deal.--Frank

Frank just ask Paul if it is same spot and same fish, he knows it well :)

btw you should wait for Marcin to let him announce himself his without doubt great succes...

Great catch , well done!

Frank just ask Paul if it is same spot and same fish, he knows it well :)

btw you should wait for Marcin to let him announce himself his without doubt great succes...

Pawel-- I was in Dr. Pezalla's store yesterday. Please don't worry. I won't divulge the location of your honey hole nor will I fish in it.

And, for the third time, whether it's the same fish or not, it doesn't matter. I thought it interesting to compare the two fish. It's a wonderful 39 pound, three ounce carp and a noteworthy accomplishment. The achievement isn't diminished if the fish is caught once, twice, past, present, or future.

Finally, the fish was already publicly announced on the TOKS International Big 4 website well before I posted anything. My post, on this CAG site and TOKS thread, further celebrates Marcin's great success in the TOKS competition and in Illinois. Please don't twist this into something else. I would look forward to learning more about the catch should that be Marcin's wish. Congrats, once again, Marcin, for the 39-3. Well done! --Frank

Photo of Marcin Szydlowski's 39-3 and related notice posted on Ken Keene's TOKS Big 4 site:

marcin_chicagoriver_3903.jpg

39-3 posted several days ago on TOKS Big 4 website

Congratulatory post on Illinois Carp Fishing News website

Unbelievable! Who thought the Chicago river could deliver such quality fish? Well done, Marcin.