Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

(IL) CHIBIGTEE

Windy City Carp League 2013 Rd 1 May 5th

Hello fellow carpers, Tracy here. This year will be individual events. The first being held at Jackson Pk. Outer Harbor. I've been hopeful that our great Lake Michigan would have a dramatic come back from this incredibly low water level. Even with all the late winter snow and early spring rain, it hasn't helped. This in turn has affected some of our favorite fishing spots. Just a rough guess is it is down about 20 to 24 inches in the last 2 years. The rowing canal, next to Lincoln Park Zoo, has been reduced by 40% which is now beach. Jackson Park Harbor has 7 fewer pegs just since we fished it last year. Here are a few pictures that show beachfront in the harbor that wasn't there 2 years ago. Boats will actually have rough time making it through harbor entrance. It's a hard venue to give-up as it holds the league record total weight for 8 hours at 205lbs. What this means is there will be a cap of 12 carpers for only this event. We will only be able to fish 2 rods. This year we will be fishing from 7am to 4pm. Draw for pegs will be at 6am(hopefully get the spots before the locals). Entry fee is 20 dollars(15 total weight/ 5 dollars big fish). 100% payout. I will marshal the 1st event so as to give 12 of you a chance to beat the record for single day(held by me). Once this is posted, I will start a list of the first 12 carpers to claim a spot and then start a taxi squad list in case the someone has a scheduling problem and can't attend. Any questions, please feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer quickly. Thank you for reading this and fishing another year with the league. later

post-3265-0-46241000-1365988932_thumb.jp

post-3265-0-79224500-1365988986_thumb.jp

post-3265-0-81103400-1365989031_thumb.jp

post-3265-0-43863700-1365989075_thumb.jp

post-3265-0-82179300-1365989126_thumb.jp

post-3265-0-78401100-1365989171_thumb.jp

Put me down :)

Tracy--Thank you for researching what will and won't work to begin the series. Please include me on your list of participants for May 5. Thanks! --Frank :yourock:

A 12 angler limit is still a decent number. I'm thinking you may still get a chance to beat your single day record.

1 Larry S.

2 Zack

3 Grahame

4 Frank

5 Marcin

6 Mike O.

7 Corey B.

8 Daniel S.

9 Tony S.

10 Henry B.

11 Adam K.

Will we use both sides of the bridge as we did the last 2 years?

Yes, we will be fishing both sides. Most likely 6 on either side.

Cory, Daniel -- Put the address 6501 S Promontory Dr, Chicago, IL into your computer's map application or gps unit. That will take you to LaRabida Chidren's Hospital which has free parking, especially on Sundays. You can take a paved jogging/bike path (Lakefront Trail) to the Jackson Harbor pegs (see map below). I'd suggest you bring a cart, but some have dropped off their gear and then parked. The only problem with dropping it off is that your car is in the middle of a busy road and cars have to move around you. I'd suggest the cart.--Frank

wccl2013_jackson_venue.jpg

The rain gods have heard me. Chicago is suppose to get 2 to 6 inches of rain in the next 72 hours. I understand it will only make a small dent but every little bit helps.

The Army corps of engineers must be exspecting a crap load of rain, the flood gates are open and the current looks twice as fast that it was last Saturday in Joliet.

OK, boys. Don't forget that Tracy's May 5 event at Jackson Harbor has a 12 angler limit. You better get in quickly if you want to participate:

1 Larry Seeman

2 Zach Testa

3 Grahame Johnston

4 Frank Rink

5 Marcin Szydlowski

6 Mike Olinger

7 Corey Bohmann

8 Daniel Szorc

Only four slots remain.

Tracy--Please add Tony Sladek to the list of participants on May 5. Thanks.--Frank

Tracy's WCCL May 5 event at Jackson Harbor has a 12 angler limit. You better get in quickly if you want to participate:

1 Larry Seeman

2 Zach Testa

3 Grahame Johnston

4 Frank Rink

5 Marcin Szydlowski

6 Mike Olinger

7 Corey Bohmann

8 Daniel Szorc
9 Tony Sladek

Only three slots remain.