Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Hello fellow carpers, Tracy here. The first match of the year was tough because of the weather. According to my truck the air temperature was 46 degrees but it was the 20+ mph wind out of the northeast that made it tough. I guesstimated a wind chill in the low 30's. The sun did peek out a few times but not enough to make a difference. I pre-fished the venue with a south wind was very productive before this front moved through. I did not fish because of space issues. Despite the difficult conditions, the guys did manage to squeeze 12 fish out for 207lbs.8oz. 3 of the fish made it over 20lbs. with a very nice 29-6 caught by 911carp. The total weight winner(Tony S. 61--9) also managed 26-9. The race the for second place had 911carp(41-14) edge out carpbowl(41-5) by 9ozs. A very respectable 22-15 was landed by Frank R. to tally the last 20lber. 13 carpers braved the horrible conditions and I thank all of you for showing up. The next match is at the south end of Diversey Harbor on June 23. Thanks again and now time to concentrate on the Big 4 for me. See you next month. later

Thanks, again, to Tracy Jourdan for hosting the first session of the 2013 Windy City Carp League and to the 13 anglers for their participation. The fish weren't very cooperative, so special congrats go to Tony Sladek, Larry Seeman, and Mike Olinger who respectively took first, second, and third place in the total weight contest.

Special congrats to Larry Seeman who also took the big fish pot with a 29-6. A few additional pics follow.--Frank

Larry Seeman ready to land one of the 12 fish caught all day with help from Daniel Szorc and Andy Burnagiel
wccl2013_ls_050513.jpg

Big fish of the day at 29-6 landed by Larry Seeman!
wccl2013_larry_2906_050513.jpg

Frank Rink with a 22-15
toks_spring2013_fr_2215_050513.jpg

Thanks again Tracy, had a good time as always. Cant wait for the next event on June 23rd at Diversy Harbor.

Another Special thanks to World Classic Baits,for making the best carp bait around, pinnapple pop up boliies caught both of my fish an Sunday even the 29-6. Good job!!!

post-4854-0-25341100-1367837184.gif

Nice catches everyone!

I havent yet braved the elements in Traverse City to wet a line; perhaps this weekend!

Nice catches everyone!

I havent yet braved the elements in Traverse City to wet a line; perhaps this weekend!

Thanks Brian, you should come out for the next one on the 23rd of June.

great fish guys excellent amount of 20's

I'm going back Fri or Sat to break my pb... She's there I no she is