Carp Anglers Group Forums
tangledline

Found hundreds of huge carp ....my new swim

I was able to get out Aug 04 and although my preferred spot was being fished ...the conditions were decent. I tried a pond where I had not been successful in a couple previous attempts and was rewarded with a couple carp in a short period of time in late morning.

you see - that's what happens when you share your spots - you get swim jumpers turning up and stopping you get in there ;) I'm pretty sure there was room for you to squeeze in next to them if it happens again and said anglers will be more than happy for you to join them :D

The fishing out on TT has been very sporadic this year. One week there are multiple catches then the following week it's blanks all around. Very little weed growth this year as well and I wonder if that has anything with it? Also a lot of fresh water coming into the lake from the surrounding rivers.

Really glad your leg is on the mend now David - I hope you get out and about more and doing your thing! Maybe you can see TRCA can do anything about the fire ants?

PS - whoever took the pictures of the first fish you caught on Monday clearly know's what he is doing :)

Great report Dave. Thanks for keeping us informed . It looks like a lot is being done to make the waterfront more angler friendly while accommodating other groups.In some ways we here in Hamilton are ahead of you with the creation of Bayfront Park. They have created for us many angling opportunities . So many in fact that I still have not fished many of them here. Never understood that swim jumping nonsense. Never believed that someone had the rights over others in a public park. I do believe in respecting other anglers. In other areas like Redhill creek and Windemeer basin there is still lots to be done. But progress is being made.

The cooler temperatures, less sunlight and east winds have definitely had an effect on our scaly quarry. Keep them coming Dave your efforts are appreciated by many.

Great report Dave. Thanks for keeping us informed . It looks like a lot is being done to make the waterfront more angler friendly while accommodating other groups.In some ways we here in Hamilton are ahead of you with the creation of Bayfront Park. They have created for us many angling opportunities . So many in fact that I still have not fished many of them here. Never understood that swim jumping nonsense. Never believed that someone had the rights over others in a public park. I do believe in respecting other anglers. In other areas like Redhill creek and Windemeer basin there is still lots to be done. But progress is being made.

The cooler temperatures, less sunlight and east winds have definitely had an effect on our scaly quarry. Keep them coming Dave your efforts are appreciated by many.

It was me fishing in the spot Lorne - I was the swim jumper! I even mentioned that in future we would make room for him to come and fish the spot with us - hardly staking a claim over the spot? - quite the opposite in fact :party0012icon::D

I was making a joke with David (hence the wink) but yet again, you still have to have add another of your sly little digs :(

Sorry you took it that way. Was not meant to be personal.Just a general statement.

Here is a couple of videos promoting the park. Dave, it is a great thing that is being done there. More cities along the lake should follow suit.

Tommy Thompson is certainly a great exciting venue for carp anglers. The point is 5km or over 3 mi. long Lots of places to explore. I keep reading about fire ants but the people in the videos don't seem to be affected by them. Not even the sun bathers. :)

I really enjoyed reading your report on the Park, Dave. I found it very informative for someone like me who is unfamiliar with Toronto area fishing spots.

Sounds like a fabulous location with lots of angling opportunities being created, literally, before our eyes.

Very interesting Lorne. Did you see Toronto's solution to keeping carp out of TT Park wetland areas? A simple fence system. I gotta think that's a waaay cheaper alternative to the carp barrier run by the RBG( and funded by us ).

Anyhoo, neat to see how Toronto is naturalizing the area, including 'capping' the contaminated areas. I wonder if that wouldn't be the best solution for Randle Reef in our harbour too.

A fellow carp angler named Mark Tarnaczyk did a FB post on carp movement in Tommy Thompson Park. I know where I would be setting up . :bigsmile:

post-2981-0-29105800-1427414162_thumb.jp

Edited by hammercarp

Fascinating post Lorne. I would never have guessed carp are so mobile.

So, that carp is 77.5 cm long? or it swam 775 meters? I can't tell the scale on your diagram...

It doesn't surprise me much, though. In large lakes I've seen many 'pods' of carp moving through.

I believe the trail in the park is 3 miles long . This picture out to help with scale. There are also links in previous post with detailed information on the park.

post-2981-0-55673500-1427582460.jpg

I thought I'd add in your FB post on shore line improvement there Dave.

I read a report that a carp barrier is to be put up there to stop the carp ruining the eco system sounds the BS to me but we all know how bad science with the loudest voice can influence the public