Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Dave Ash

Wooden Shoe Carp Classic 2014 May, 17-18

Good day all…..

I am proud to announce that the Wooden Shoe Carp Classic will be May 17 and 18 of 2014 in Holland, Michigan. The WSCC will be in its third year as a carp fishing tournament. Some very amazing captures have taken place over the first two years including a number of mirrors and multiple fish in the 30+ pound range. In 2013, 25 anglers from as far away as Massachusetts made their way to Holland to compete in our event and were very successful with multiple personal bests set, and a lake record of 36 pounds was set.

The 2014 WSCC will be much like the 2013 WSCC as it will be a weigh 8 fish with one of those fish being a bonus fish that will be worth double its weight. Fishing will take place from 6 am till 4 pm each day.

Some changes you will be seeing in the WSCC next year is for the first year there will be a $30 dollar entry fee for the event. A lot of you may be concerned that entering money into the situation may take away from the fun, laid back atmosphere that the WSCC is known for. Before you are quick to judge however please understand that the tournament or anyone associated with the tournament receives no money for this event. All proceeds from this event go directly to Benefit4Kids. Benefit4Kids (501©(3) Non-Profit) was founded in 1998 with its' primary mission to grant the outdoor wishes of children with life threatening and life limiting illnesses. Benefit4Kids works to help these children experience the outdoors through several children's programs. Benefit4Kids also works closely with several children's camps designed to work with injured and ill children. It is a 100% volunteer organization allowing 100% of your donations to go straight to supporting the kids. (www.b4k.org)

As always NO MONEY is on the line, Just pride and the trademark wooden shoes!(Side pots are always welcome) Raffle tickets will be handed out by finishing position as well for prizes donated by sponsors.

The WSCC is going to open up 20 slots for fishing in 2014. The first 20 paid entries will hold their spot for this amazing event.

More spots could be available if a suitable location can be obtained ( I have a few ideas)

If anyone is interested in donating prizes to be raffled off for this event please contact me directly.

Sponsors for this event so far:

Summer salmon or Fall/Winter Steelhead trip for out of Holland, Michigan from Dave Ash

Bait Package from Andy Sprinkle

Thanks,

David and Jennifer Ash

Please sign up below. I will get the entry forms together in the next week or so.

If we can fill the 20 spots before July 27 the WSCC will write a check fo the B4K at the Dreamweaver chairty event in Muskegon Michigan.

Please remember that your donation holds you a spot and will be donated as such. If you are unable to make the event, the dontation will not be returned.

1. Daniel

Brendan and I will be attending! Can't wait!

1. Daniel

2. Dan

3. Darren Calver

4.Brenden

5.Austin

6.Bill Wazelle

7.Brian D

8.Tom D

9.Andy

10.Nikki

11. Amos

12. Paige

13.Jathan

Amos, I will get the paperwork and such together in the next week.

1. Daniel

2. Dan

3. Darren Calver

4.Brenden

5.Austin

6.Bill Wazelle

7.Brian D

8.Tom D

9.Andy

10.Nikki

11. Amos

12. Paige

13.Jathan

14. Ernest Kolodziejczyk

1. Daniel

2. Dan

3. Darren Calver

4.Brenden

5.Austin

6.Bill Wazelle

7.Brian D

8.Tom D

9.Andy

10.Nikki

11. Amos

12. Paige

13.Jathan

14. Ernest Kolodziejczyk

15. Ed Montgomery

16. Lukasz Wegiel
17.Sebastian Myslinski
18. Pawel Borys

19. Rod Mills

20. Lucian

I will be looking for a second spot so please start a waiting list.

Good luck to all. I still have stars in my eyes about the 2013 event and days before/after. I don't think I can make the trip this time, so you'll have to find another MA angler to host... ;-)

Oh, and very cool & generous idea to sponsor this kids organization.

Good luck to all. I still have stars in my eyes about the 2013 event and days before/after. I don't think I can make the trip this time, so you'll have to find another MA angler to host... ;-)

Oh, and very cool & generous idea to sponsor this kids organization.

Dang Jerome, wish you could make it!