Carp Anglers Group Forums
(TN) Cannonball

Carp organization?

When I read the recent thread about the Scioto River in central Ohio, I recalled an episode with Jerry McKinnis fishing there with a fellow that started an organization called Carpmasters. Anyone know anything about this fellow and the organization? A search didn't turn anything up. Curious. Thanks.

That goes back many many years. I watched that same show over 25 years ago....I was stationed in Alaska at the time and nearing retirement and moving back home to Ohio. I couldn't say whether they exist anymore or not but, when I got back to Ohio in 1992 my search for them eventually found me the start of this forum...it was an email list at the time...and some very good carp angling friends. Dick and Richie here in Ohio were both members of CARPS (the organization in the show) CARP ANGLERS RELAXATION PARTY SOCIETY. Both of them are long time CAG members and Dick Laubsher has attended all but one or two CCC's since the start. CARPS had monthly tournaments and I kept track of them for awhile but their membership kind of dwindled with a change in presidents. Their tournaments allowed for fishing wherever in the state they wanted to and transporting the carp long distances to the weigh in's up around Alum Creek.

Bit more trivia on that show...Jerry met with the president of CARPS....a barber in Canal Winchester....and made Wheatie doughball for bait.

The "R" in CARPS may not have stood for "relaxation"...may have been "recreation." Darn that's been a couple days ago LOL

That's it! Was it that long ago? Bob, I'm glad you are getting older instead of me. :P

Lived in Shadeville and then moved to Grove City in '55 when Dad quit the dairy business.

That's it! Was it that long ago? Bob, I'm glad you are getting older instead of me. :P

Lived in Shadeville and then moved to Grove City in '55 when Dad quit the dairy business.

LOL...still feel like a kid when going fishing. In the 60's, after heavy rains, filled many a coffee can with nightcrawlers from the farmland around Shadeville, along 665.

Somewhere in my storage of VHS tapes I have that show taped , caught it on ESPN2 many many years ago.........